The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

WWE can pull the guys off of the indy shows, but they don't like to do that anymore. And they don't tend to limit what the guys can do on the indies too which is kinda cool. Watch Daniel Bryan's matches in Dragon Gate USA when he was the US Champ. Probably among his best work and his most brutal too. It was as if he was making some kind of point.

Of course, that's assuming WWE are even interested in Shelton. I'd imagine it was a wee one off deal. Shelton will no doubt be thankful that WWE gave him such an oppertunity and would do any favour asked of him.

I hope it leads to more for Benjamin, he's a great athlete, but I don't see it happening. Speaking of Daniel Bryan, I'd love to see him go up against Shelton Benjamin in the WWE, I know they had at least one match before but I think it'd be pretty good to see again.

I don't wanna see Shelton back in WWE. He was completely unmotivated when he left and the indies seem to have kicked a new life into him.

I'm surprised him and Haas haven't went to TNA and reformed the Angle Alliance yet, I thought that was in the pipes a while ago but nothing's materialised.

TBH, if he's doing well in the indies and at ROH then I'm happy for the dude, no doubt that he's got talent but never seemed to be well booked. Some of the stuff he's done in WWE and the MITB is amazing though.

:lol:

+1 for that.

Oh, I've just been talking to someone and had something of a revelation. I fucking love that I'm approaching 30 and still love wrestling as much as ever, and probably even more than I used to. It takes up so much of my time and I love every second of it, even when it's shit. Because it's wrestling. I can imagine being an old man and still going to shows around the country and cheering. Has anyone else just thought to themselves "f**k it, I love this shit!"?

:lol:

+1 for that.

Oh, I've just been talking to someone and had something of a revelation. I fucking love that I'm approaching 30 and still love wrestling as much as ever, and probably even more than I used to. It takes up so much of my time and I love every second of it, even when it's shit. Because it's wrestling. I can imagine being an old man and still going to shows around the country and cheering. Has anyone else just thought to themselves "f**k it, I love this shit!"?

I only got back into wrestling when I started uni and I'm more into it than I ever was before. f**k, I'm even going to go to the school up here to give it a try. I've probably been more interested in wrestling than football in the last couple of months because I can't get to Almondvale.

I also got back into it recently, last Mania so it's approaching a year. I enjoy it, I also don't give a shit if people were to give me shit about it, mostly because anyone who would either reads comics or playing computer games, of which I do both, so they can't justify it.

I could also just slap them if they say it's fake and ask them if that was fake. "That's an open hand slap!!"

I'm only 18 but I can see me liking it for a while yet, not unless TNA dies and WWE becomes a Nickolodeon show. And even then I'd probably just try and find ROH online.

I only got back into wrestling when I started uni and I'm more into it than I ever was before.

I was exactly the same, had so much free time around January last year and used it to watch Youtube clips of Flair, the Rock, Scott Hall etc. It really is awesome.

The fake arguement is such a flimsy one anyways. There's about a million ways of shooting that down.

I've become a bit of an expert with that in recent months. "Are the doctors in Scrubs real doctors?" or "Have you seen James Bond?" are a couple of my favourites.

And Forehead, last time I delivered a chop to the chest of one of my pals he threw up :lol:

I was exactly the same, had so much free time around January last year and used it to watch Youtube clips of Flair, the Rock, Scott Hall etc. It really is awesome.

I've become a bit of an expert with that in recent months. "Are the doctors in Scrubs real doctors?" or "Have you seen James Bond?" are a couple of my favourites.

And Forehead, last time I delivered a chop to the chest of one of my pals he threw up :lol:

To be fair though, you deliver them so often that you have perfected the knife edge chop.

I only got back into wrestling when I started uni and I'm more into it than I ever was before. f**k, I'm even going to go to the school up here to give it a try. I've probably been more interested in wrestling than football in the last couple of months because I can't get to Almondvale.

Where abouts are you just now? I thought there was only 1 pro wrestling academy in Scotland.