The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Anyways lets move onto Shane unless you wish to continue the rest, which I'll do if prompted.

I don't know how Shane McMahon can be judged as a bad in ring performer. The only time he had the chance to wrestle without stips, he couldn't even brawl either. He was past it. Who's to say he couldn't have decent in ring performances without stips? There is absolutely no reason to suggest Shane McMahon would have been shit.

Anyways lets move onto Shane unless you wish to continue the rest, which I'll do if prompted.

I don't know how Shane McMahon can be judged as a bad in ring performer. The only time he had the chance to wrestle without stips, he couldn't even brawl either. He was past it. Who's to say he couldn't have decent in ring performances without stips? There is absolutely no reason to suggest Shane McMahon would have been shit.

I'm not fussed abotu Cena, I've read countless topics on here and elsewhere about him and I'm happy to continue, Cena's not a great wrestler, he's a good performer but he's not a good wrestler.

Nobody, certainly not you or me. But if Shane was as good as Benoit then I'm sure WWE wouldn't have had him do all those types of matches. If Shane had the ability WWE would have showcased it far more in singles matches without the need for stipulation matches.

Nobody, certainly not you or me. But if Shane was as good as Benoit then I'm sure WWE wouldn't have had him do all those types of matches.

I think Shane McMahon had his niche with that sort of match, hence why WWE had him bumping like a maniac on the rare occaision he stepped into a big match. If Shane McMahon had decided to become a full time wrestler, he probably would have been in those matches more often.

Stone cold was not a great wrestler. Roddy Piper was not a great wrestler. But you have to remember is not about Wrestling it's about sports entertainment and shane McMahon was entertaining.

Stone cold was not a great wrestler. Roddy Piper was not a great wrestler. But you have to remember is not about Wrestling it's about sports entertainment and shane McMahon was entertaining.

Austin and Piper were good enough in the ring.

Much like John Cena, I'm not disputing the fact that Shane O Mac wasn't entertaining. Shane performed the most shocking move I've ever seen in wrestling ever, he entertained the hell out of me. I'm saying Shane MacMahon wasn't a good in ring performer.

Yes but Stone cold was more a entertainer than a wrestler same as mick foley same as terry funk they could na go 1 hour with the likes of HBK Y2J CM Punk Kurt Angle Ric Flair.

Austin in his poor state went 30 minutes full pelt on a regular basis. There is no reason to suggest that he couldn't have gone further. He went full pelt for over FORTY minutes against Triple H in 2001.

If the injuries were so much of a problem, he wouldn't be in the ring at all, nevermind for an hour.

Austin in his poor state went 30 minutes full pelt on a regular basis. There is no reason to suggest that he couldn't have gone further. He went full pelt for over FORTY minutes against Triple H in 2001.

If the injuries were so much of a problem, he wouldn't be in the ring at all, nevermind for an hour.

All i was trying to say he was not as good as wrestler as Kurt Angle & Ric Flair.

And? He still knew how to go, and could easily fill an hour. The Rock isn't on their level, yet he and HHH had what I'd consider to be one of the top three matches of all time in a 60 minute Iron Man Match.

Edited by DomDom

Just reading through this and something immediately comes to mine that I need to say;

Just because someone isn't as good as Benoit or Angle doesn't mean they're not a good wrestler. It's like saying that someone like Craig Bryson is very good because he isn't Messi, it's just a stupid statement.

Austin was certainly a good enough wrestler for his gimmick, no one is expecting technical skill from that sort of gimmick. Mick Foley was good enough as well, same with The Rock.

Cena on the other hand.....

I didn't think the Rock's sharpshooter was that bad, but Cena's STF(U) is atrocious, he's not even stretching the neck back, at all!

Austin was certainly a good enough wrestler for his gimmick, no one is expecting technical skill from that sort of gimmick.

That's what i was trying to say. WWE is sports entertainment if your looking for real Wrestling try london 2012.

Mick Foley Was good at his hardcore level. Flair was harsh on him in his book Foley would be the first to admit he's not the best wrestler but in hardcore is one of the best which is entertainment.WWE is fool of good WRESTLERS ( Del Rio Cm Punk Undertaker Regal Bryan) but also ENTERTAINERS(Miz Cena Khali Big Show).But there's also the category of okay WRESTLERS & good ENTERTAINERS(HHH Austin Hogan :ph34r: Piper (Jake the Snake imo the best wrestler not to be world champion) Kevin Nash Scot Hall Edge Savage Rock Kane).If you asked kid's who was the best wrestler in 1991 they would say Hogan but i would say Flair

Im 1995 a kid would say Nash but i would say HBK in 1999 a kid would say goldberg or Austin but i would say Jeff Jarret in 2003 a kid would say Rey Mysterio but i would say eddie guerrero Benoit Y2J & Angle in 2005 a kid would say batista yet i would say Benoit.Right Now a kid would say Cena on entertainment but i would say AJ Styles & Cm Punk on wrestling wise.

Edited by Djayict

And? He still knew how to go, and could easily fill an hour. The Rock isn't on their level, yet he and HHH had what I'd consider to be one of the top three matches of all time in a 60 minute Iron Man Match.

It was a sensational match, which many don't take into consideration because all they remember is the last 2 minutes where the Undertakers returns and unleashes hell.

Just reading through this and something immediately comes to mine that I need to say;

Just because someone isn't as good as Benoit or Angle doesn't mean they're not a good wrestler. It's like saying that someone like Craig Bryson is very good because he isn't Messi, it's just a stupid statement.

Austin was certainly a good enough wrestler for his gimmick, no one is expecting technical skill from that sort of gimmick. Mick Foley was good enough as well, same with The Rock.

Cena on the other hand.....

I didn't think the Rock's sharpshooter was that bad, but Cena's STF(U) is atrocious, he's not even stretching the neck back, at all!

To put into your terms what I was trying to say, You wouldn't play Craig Bryson in goals would you because you are not maximising his potential, to get the best out of Bryson you play him in midfield.

and yeah me neither.

Enough compairing wrestlers to Craig Bryson. You cant just compare him to one wrestler. Craig Bryson is football's version of Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, The Undertaker and John Cena all rolled into one. :P

Bret Hart did a Q & A on his twitter (@HitmanBretSHart), here are some

highlights:

Influence for him in wrestling: Probably Dory and Terry Funk or my

older brothers

Current wrestler that has the most promising ability: Daniel Bryan

Current status with WWE: We re on excellent terms but no plans for

anything right now.

Still holding a grudge with Bill Goldberg?: Never had one. I have

great respect for Goldberg. What happened to me was an accident.

Favorite angle he was involved in: Canada vs USA angle with the Hart

Foundation

Is Melina still his favorite female wrestler?: Her, Nattie Neidhart,

Beth Phoenix, and Gail Kim are the best female wrestlers today

Thoughts on Randy Savage: Of all the wrestlers I know, I probably

miss Randy Savage the most. He s a hero of mine.

Does he feel Hulk Hogan avoided a match with him?: I know he did

Would he induct Shawn Michaels in the WWE HOF?: I would like to

induct Shawn but Triple H makes more sense.

Which of the Hart Brothers, who were never in WWE, could have been

successful in WWE : Smith

Best all around in ring performer in WWE: Right now Orton, Sheamus,

McIntyre, and Mysterio. Super dedicated.

Most rewarding aspect of his return last year: Reuniting the Hart

Family in a concerted effort with a joyous ending.

Thoughts on MVP: Great wrestler and a great guy and I look forward to

his return someday.

His favorite period as Champion: 1997?

His closest friend in wrestling: Roddy Piper

His match with Diesel at Survivor Series 95: It s always been one of

my personal favorites. Pretty solid match. And the table wasn t

gimmicked.

Do any of his brothers still train wrestlers?: My brother Bruce

pretends to, but it s more a school where you learn everything not to

do. My brother Smith has a school in Barrie, Ontario

Thoughts on the Miz: I like him. Always liked him. Just wish he d

give me a title shot.

Does he regret his time in WCW?: I wish I never left WWE, if that s

what you mean

Thoughts on Tyson Kidd: He had a strong year but it looks like he s

going to have to work his way back around.

Thoughts on John Cena: One of the hardest working guys in the history

of the WWE.

Last time he spoke to Owen s kids: It s been so long, I can t

remember. Maybe six months after he died.

Thoughts on CM Punk: I think he s uniquely gifted. By the time his

career is over, he ll be recognized for his greatness.

Best Canadian wrestler: I still count Benoit. But Edge is killer. no

pun intended obviously

Does he watch TNA? How he would improve their product?: I don t watch

TNA. I d have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff tar and feathered.

Any regrets?: I wish I reached out a little harder to Bulldog, Crush,

and Test.

Least favorite move to take: A Powerbomb

Thoughts on ROH: Nothing but respect. Some of the hardest workers in

the business.

Who created The Sharpshooter?: Sure as hell not my brother Bruce.

Thoughts on Wade Barrett: I thought he was the hottest heel in the

business. As a fan, I hope they didn t drop the ball.

Thoughts on David Hart Smith: I m patiently waiting for him to find

his greatness. HIs time will come. Mark my words.

Favorite match: vs. Austin @ Wrestlemania.

Least favorite: vs. Backlund @ Wrestlemania (not my opponent, the

match itself).

Favorite opponents: Perfect, Owen, Austin, and the Bulldogs.

Toughest opponents: Vader and Goldberg.

Least favorite opponent: Bad News Brown. He never understood how to

make anyone. Zero psychology.

Who he d wrestle today: I d like 20 minutes with Orton, Cena, Sheamus

anytime.

Favorite PPV he was part of: The In Your House Calgary Stampede pay

per view in 1997?

Thoughts on Alberto Del Rio: A unique, classic Mexican heel that s

easy to hate. Which means he s doing his job.

Will we see Owen in the HOF?: I sure hope so.

Thoughts on the Iron Man Match with Shawn Michaels: I was concerned

with the difficulty but I never had any doubts about my ability.

Thoughts on Michael Cole: Michael Cole does a piss poor job of

putting over a lot of the talent. He couldn t lace Jim Ross shoes

up.

His relationship with Shawn Michaels: Shawn and I are on good terms

and we stay in touch.

Still holds a grudge with Ric Flair?: No, I just feel sorry for him.

It s too sad to see a guy work so hard and have nothing left.

Thoughts on his match with Vince McMahon last year: It s far from my

greatest match but it was beautiful all things considered.

Thoughts on The Undertaker: Undertaker is one of the most consummate

professionals inside and outside the ring.

If he could, who would he reform the Hart Foundation with: Christian,

Edge, Jericho, Trish, and the hart dynasty

Working as a heel against Jerry Lawler in USWA: Working with Lawler

was fun and easy.

Thoughts on Tiger Mask: Tiger Mask was ahead of his time. Next to Rey

Mysterio, he was the best lightweight

His relationship with Triple H: I m on decent terms with HHH, too.

Favorite match he was not involved in: Lesnar vs. Angle at

WrestleMania

The best Japanese wrestler: Tatsumi Fujinami

Would he open a wrestling school?: I think about it. Maybe one of

these days.

That bit in bold is for you Marsh

Edited by The Hero of the Day

As a commentator he is pretty rancid, or at least, WAS pretty rancid. Can't really fault what Bret Hart said there. Still can't put anyone over, but at least he isn't expected to anymore.

As a commentator he is pretty rancid, or at least, WAS pretty rancid. Can't really fault what Bret Hart said there. Still can't put anyone over, but at least he isn't expected to anymore.

You see there has been a bit of a war of words with Hogan and Hart over twitter? Hart made some very tasteless comments about that car crash Nick was in and the guy that has brain damage now.