The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I've been meaning to say this for a while. The Ultimate Warrior was incredibly shit. He was a flash in the pan bag of w**k. I can't comprehend why he was so popular.

Also Andre The Giant was awful too. Yes, he was big but that was about it. He was exceedingly bad in the ring and his matches are just terrible. He was rubbish on the mike as well.

That is all.

The Warrior was massive amongst kids because of his cartoony style character.......he is entertaining these days simply because he's a fucking head case, he has also cut some of the funnily/bad promos ever. Andre was popularsimply because he was like a carnivale act.....everytime he wrestled it was like a freak show.

I've been meaning to say this for a while. The Ultimate Warrior was incredibly shit. He was a flash in the pan bag of w**k. I can't comprehend why he was so popular.

He was exactly the same as Hulk Hogan. Exactly the same. Only problem is that you can't really recreate a character like that. The only difference was that Warrior ran and shook ropes. That was it. They were both mediocre wrestlers who hulked up and could, with the right opponent, have the occaisional great match.

Also Andre The Giant was awful too. Yes, he was big but that was about it. He was exceedingly bad in the ring and his matches are just terrible.

The size was all Andre needed. He didn't need to be any good because the fans believed he could beat anyone and everyone, whether he was any good or not. He did actually used to be good. There's a cracking match with him and Stan Hansen on Dailymotion.

When Ultimate Warrior was in his prime late 80's early 90's wrestling was only really watched by kids and teenagers. As someone above said his character has a massive draw for kids due to his cartoon and colourful style.

My favourite match of all time was Ultimate Warrior vs Macho Man at wrestlemania 7 in the retirement match. So emotional at the end with Elizabeth. I remember being so annoyed that Warrior wa able to kick out of 5 flying elbows

That is one of those strange rumors that really gathered pace when the Internet started having a glowing influence in wrestling.

Savage and also Jim Ross have went on record as to say the rumor is bullshit and none of the McMahon's have ever commented. Im not sure. Savage claimed that the big fallout was in relation to a sponsorship with SlimJim that he had signed.

Also Andre The Giant was awful too. Yes, he was big but that was about it. He was exceedingly bad in the ring and his matches are just terrible. He was rubbish on the mike as well.

If you are basing what you have said on the matches Andre had in the WWF in the mid 80's then bear in mind that his body was almost finished when WWF hit the Wrestlemania era, he was a slow lumbering shell of the man he used to be. Even at Mania 3, most of the match is played out at the ropes to allow him leverage to get up, such was the effort required in him standing at the end of his life. To wrestle on when in that much pain, rather than lay down and die, he deserves a bit of respect.

He was truly dominant in the late 60s and 70s, in an era when there was no all-powerful national promotions, Andre was truly one of the biggest crowd pullers in American Wrestling.

One of the reasons for Scotty Goldman's release from WWE last week was due to a botched spot in his match with Umaga, which aired on last Friday's SmackDown.

Umaga was going to give Goldman his finisher, the Asiatic Spike, and he jumped to take the thumb as a bump and landed a bit awkwardly. It appeared as if Goldman was trying to sell the move a bit more dramatically, but he actually botched it as Umaga's thumb missed hitting him.

Umaga pinned him as planned, and then made his way up the ramp. Vickie Guerrero then showed up and ordered the match to be restarted. Goldman took the move properly the second time.

There was heat on Goldman over having to do the match twice, reports www.prowrestling.NET.

It is unknown if the botched move was the official reason for his release from the company, but it definitely played a part.

Chris Jericho's stuff has suddenly become very stale. The legends are becoming the thing to watch.

I don't agree, Jericho is still gaining heat with his stern approach. Though I do agree that the legends are playing it out great. Who will be next?

I'm just getting sick of Jericho cutting the same promo every week. Nothing he says is ever any different. It's getting tiresome. It's been a long time since I've wanted to hear him stop talking, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't cut another promo for the rest of this storyline.

I'm just getting sick of Jericho cutting the same promo every week. Nothing he says is ever any different. It's getting tiresome. It's been a long time since I've wanted to hear him stop talking, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't cut another promo for the rest of this storyline.

He needs to put some humour back into his promo's, like JBL he's all too serious nowadays.