The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Mick Foley didn't officially announce his retirement. Nor did he get every single wrestler in the WWE locker room come out to wish him farewell, along with his family.

Ric Flair's retirement was unique in the sense that if he does come back, it pisses on so many guys it's unreal. Not even Terry Funk got this kind of send off and respect.

Mick Foley didn't officially announce his retirement. Nor did he get every single wrestler in the WWE locker room come out to wish him farewell, along with his family.

Ric Flair's retirement was unique in the sense that if he does come back, it pisses on so many guys it's unreal. Not even Terry Funk got this kind of send off and respect.

Was it not Vince who got the locker room to come out for a farewell segment? You know Vince..........he'll do anything to get the auience. I highly doubt Flair would have asked for the send off he got, I'm sure it would hav ehad more to do with Triple H and the McMahons.

Also I think the reason Funk hasn't had that kind of send off is because he has retired about a dozen times. :lol:

Like I've alreay said, do I want him to come back? No. But I fully expected him to the minute he retired.

Also I think the reason Funk hasn't had that kind of send off is because he has retired about a dozen times.

You know, come to think of it, he did get a good sendoff in 1997. WWE even sent a bunch of guys to his send off. Main evented by Terry Funk vs. Bret Hart.

Mainly ECW and WWE wrestlers on the show.

You know, come to think of it, he did get a good sendoff in 1997. WWE even sent a bunch of guys to his send off. Main evented by Terry Funk vs. Bret Hart.

Mainly ECW and WWE wrestlers on the show.

I think it was his first retirement :lol: . He fought Bret Hart in a barn or run down, shit hole. :lol:

Ive got that show on DVD. Its called Terry Funks Wrestlefest or something like that. Was promoted by ECW but there were a few WWE guys on it. RVD had the honour of putting over the OAP Dory Jr in the undercard.

The show also has a pretty damn fine ECW showcase between Shane Douglas and Tommy Dreamer. The main event was actually pretty good stuff.

Was promoted by ECW but there were a few WWE guys on it.

So it WAS an ECW show then ? I wasn't sure, but I'm not surprised since WWE and ECW had a terrific professional relationship.

The show also has a pretty damn fine ECW showcase between Shane Douglas and Tommy Dreamer. The main event was actually pretty good stuff.

So it WAS an ECW show then ? I wasn't sure, but I'm not surprised since WWE and ECW had a terrific professional relationship.

Im sure Joey Styles mentioned on it that it technically wasnt. But when the DVD was released it was done by Delta Music under the ECW banner.

Be interesting tonight on RAW to see how they explain Kennedy getting chucked.

I doubt they'll even mention it.

Anyone staying up for Raw? I was'nt planning to but i might now that i'm up later than i thought I would be.

Im sure Joey Styles mentioned on it that it technically wasnt. But when the DVD was released it was done by Delta Music under the ECW banner.

Yeah I knew Delta released it. I was still not sure as there was some other freelancers on the show.

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn - ECW TV August 1998

This was months before their big PPV rivarly which pretty much put Jerry Lynn on the map, although even by the time this match had come around, he was a damn fine wrestler and on the verge of breaking through, mainly thanks to a kickass fued with Justin Credible. Bill Alfonso is at his most annoying with that whistle. All of RVD's worst tendencies are at work here, which WWE thankfully got rid of in short order. All of the stalling and time wasting is ridiculous. However, once this gets going, there's all sorts of amazing to be had. Lots of little things that the later PPV fued didn't have. This is also less of a show of spots. Great match. ****1/4

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko, No DQ Match - WCW Uncensored 1997

This match really seen the beginning of the more malicious streak of Eddie, as the snarl was well and truly down by this time. It basically started because of the Cruiserweight Title stuff the month before. Anyways, a less technical and more brawling match than you would come to expect from these two guys. What you get here is all sorts of tit for tat and "do what you have to do" from both guys. The ending works brilliantly with the fueds coming into the match and with the characters. ****1/2

Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WWE Survivor Series 1996

JR : "I reckon it could come down to a submissions match."

Bret Hart basically is annoyed by the lack of respect that Steve Austin has shown him. That same lack of respect is what made Austin a monster heel, and in the future, a monster babyface. Funny how wrestling changes with the times like that, but WWE did a great job of changing with it all. Basically, Austin does the wrestling thing untill he realises Hart is taking control, and Austin goes to the fisticuffs and then the cheating as well. In the end, it comes down to experience. Absolutely sensational match. *****

Psycho Sid vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Survivor Series 1996

One of them matches which sticks with the memory for a long time afterwards. There was much to like about this, whether it be the strange MSG crowd, or the fact that this was a much better match than you get from Sid. For all of my fandom of Sid, he was never the best wrestler no matter who he was in there with. The crowd reactions for Sid for this match were massive. Loved the idea of Sid punching himself out and HBK picking his spots. In the end, Sid had to resort to very desperate and disgusting tactics. It got the job done though and did exactly what Sid had intended. Brilliant storytelling and a brilliant match. ****

It looked like Show was trying to "out constipate" Cena there actually.

Loved the ending of the match. As for The Miz, yet again, super promo, and the reactions he was getting when he was slagging the younger audience was terrific. Compare that to the tripe Randy Orton was doing at the start of the show.

Ric Flair has been on fire speaking tonight though. I'm beginning to get the impression that Ric Flair will be wiped off WWE TV tonight.

Loved the ending of the match. As for The Miz, yet again, super promo, and the reactions he was getting when he was slagging the younger audience was terrific. Compare that to the tripe Randy Orton was doing at the start of the show.

Nah he's still shite. :P

None of that from you.

Belting US Title match between Kofi and MVP worth watching for anyone missing the live show.

Hopefully the start of a good feud for the belt. I'd like to see how Kofi would do as a heel though.For some reason I can imagine him being a pretty decent heel.

I don't think there's any fued to be had there. I think MVP will be moving onto other things higher in the card, with Kingston possibly coming up against the likes of Matt Hardy and Knees.

To be honest I can't see a face vs face feud myself but it would be good if that match was anything to go by.

Oh and they have completely fucked Vicky since moving her from SmackDown! She had great heat but it seems to have gone since she got drafted.

PS. Santino is awesome.

Oh and they have completely fucked Vicky since moving her from SmackDown! She had great heat but it seems to have gone since she got drafted.

Not after that it isn't. They completely revived her heat which some evil Vickie.