The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Right, in the spoilers is the current complete card for Extreme Rules. It's not looking bad.

WWE Championship

Steel Cage Match

Randy Orton © vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship

Ladder Match

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

WWE Intercontinental Championship

No Holds Barred Match

Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho

Submissions Match

The Big Show vs. John Cena

Samoan Strap Match

Umaga vs. CM Punk

Was away to ask why you put it in spoilers then remembered the SD spoilers.

Right, in the spoilers is the current complete card for Extreme Rules. It's not looking bad.

WWE Championship

Steel Cage Match

Randy Orton © vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship

Ladder Match

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

WWE Intercontinental Championship

No Holds Barred Match

Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho

Submissions Match

The Big Show vs. John Cena

Samoan Strap Match

Umaga vs. CM Punk

Basically Judgement Day but with stipulations. Too many PPVs!

I don't care so long as Santino doesn't make another pishy appearance. Now that he has turned face, he has no use in WWE. He should be sacked.

Na I want to see an evoloution in him though. A more serious streak. Maybe take him off tv for a while, with vigenettes of him saying he is fed up being the laughing stock of the 'wwe universe'. Then have him come back with a new style.

Na I want to see an evoloution in him though. A more serious streak. Maybe take him off tv for a while, with vigenettes of him saying he is fed up being the laughing stock of the 'wwe universe'. Then have him come back with a new style.

That could work. I don't think we've even come close to seeing what he can do as a wrestler.

Anything to stop the tedious crap we get from him right now would be good in my book. Repetitive nonsense.

It looks like they are planning the same card for extreme rules as they had for Judgement Day (excepr for the extreme rules stipulations obviously), bit of a strange one though.

Anyone seen Smackdown this week? Umaga's english has improved a tad. :P

Not really. I would rather that they used the stips to end fueds as opposed to just throwing them together randomly with no real grudge back story. The WWE has improved a lot lately, and at least 2/3 of the tv is fantastic. The other third is called RAW.

1) I'm willing to bet that

it's the same as any other Strap Match. Just like a "... Rope Match" is always four corner touching. This will be pinfalls and stuff.

2) The death of Owen Hart was a tragedy and what makes it worse is that it was completely avoidable. People always said that he was going to be a world champion, but all things considered, I don't think that'd have ever been the case. For as good as he was, he wasn't a main eventer and was never bought as such ever since his fued with Bret Hart.

I don't think having Bret as a brother helped things. He was always overshadowed by someone who was, understandably, seen as the bigger dog in the promotion. Where he'd have gone if Bret wasn't around is anyone's guess, but by the time he was gone, Owen Hart was a midcarder and completely cemented there.

Anyways, I was horrified when it happened, and it's never good to lose someone with the obvious talent that Owen Hart had.

RIP.

2) The death of Owen Hart was a tragedy and what makes it worse is that it was completely avoidable. People always said that he was going to be a world champion, but all things considered, I don't think that'd have ever been the case. For as good as he was, he wasn't a main eventer and was never bought as such ever since his fued with Bret Hart.

I don't think having Bret as a brother helped things. He was always overshadowed by someone who was, understandably, seen as the bigger dog in the promotion. Where he'd have gone if Bret wasn't around is anyone's guess, but by the time he was gone, Owen Hart was a midcarder and completely cemented there.

Anyways, I was horrified when it happened, and it's never good to lose someone with the obvious talent that Owen Hart had.

RIP.

I'm like you and don't think Owen would everhave captured a world title. He was an outstanding wrestler but he never really had the mic skills or the charisma to be a real main eventer. The same could also be said, Bret never really had the best mic skills or charisma, but his title reigns still worked. Owen didn't really strike me as the type who craved a title run anyway. He reminded of Piper in that it was never about the glory of championships. I think Owen was more conserned with putting on the best matches possible and making whoever he was paired with look really, really good. I remember JR's reaction as he was announcing that Owen had fell adn later that night that he had passed.

The same could also be said, Bret never really had the best mic skills or charisma, but his title reigns still worked.

Hart might not have had the charisma, but he damn sure had the mic skills. Every single promo he cut from 1995 onwards was amazing. He didn't have to shout, he didn't have to ever go over the top. When he DID start going over the top ( his heel run ), he became the biggest heel the WWE had in years. What he lacked in charisma, he made up for with the ability to talk.

EDIT : Yeah, there's gonna be an After Hours show with a Kendo Stick Match main eventing, and then the show.

Edited by DomDom

Is it just me or are WWE Main Event superstars getting worse:

Edge

Jack Swagger

Christian

Matt & Jeff (Good Mid-Tablers)

Batista

Rey Mysterio

Compare this to these:

Benoit

Rock

Stone Cold

Kurt Angle

And Then Compare These To This:

Hogan

Ultimate Warrior

Ted Di Bias

Is it just me or are WWE Main Event superstars getting worse:

Edge

Jack Swagger

Christian

Matt & Jeff (Good Mid-Tablers)

Batista

Rey Mysterio

Compare this to these:

Benoit

Rock

Stone Cold

Kurt Angle

And Then Compare These To This:

Hogan

Ultimate Warrior

Ted Di Bias

For me the middle group is the best. Obviously that is biased as I see the attitude era as the best era in wrestling. I can however see plenty of potential in the new group to get to that level...JoMo(to steal DomDom's name :P ), MVP, CM Punk, Swagger, Bourne, Tyson Kidd(especially if they push him as the protege of Bret), Ted Jr, Cody Rhodes, Shelton Benjamin. Not all of them will make it, but in my opinion each of them has a shot.