Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

WWE In Your House : Good Friends Better Enemies April 1996

I may have already covered this, but it's here to be watched, and I want to add some of the ratings to my lists.

The 1-2-3 Kid vs. "Wildman" Marc Mero

If we have the awesome Waltman turning up to this match, this is going to be terrific. This is the only match that I've not seen from this show. It turns out that it didn't matter what Waltman turned up for this match as they didn't get the chance to provide anything special anyways. All this match was here to do was to set up a fued down the line between Mero and HHH. I guess that's acceptable since this was the Free For All match. *1/2

Owen Hart and The British Bulldog vs. Jake Roberts and Ahmed Johnson

Ahmed Johnson is always so much fun to watch when he's powering people about. He looks like such a badass when he does it. That's a place where Mark Henry is finally beginning to get it right as well. This is perfectly acceptable tag team wrestling, although three of the four guys have an incredible amount of experience so there was no excuse to not provide at least a passable match. **1/2

Goldust © vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WWE Intercontinental Championship

Vince : "Are you ready to get bizarre !"

Pipe down Vinny. Warrior got a MAMMOTH pop when he headed for the ring in this one. This is all just shenanigans smoke and mirrors with no wrestling match to speak of. It's still a fun wee segment to watch though, and it's more of a battle of the minds than anything else. I can't rate this since there isn't a wrestling match.

Vader vs. Razor Ramon

This would be the end of Razor Ramon in WWE. Amazing show of respect to the promotion from Ramon, as he worked his arse off to put on a show on his last PPV and Vader was definately game for the challenge. Vince McMahon makes a wee sly reference to the amount of effort made in the match. This was a really good two sided effort with both guys just going out and stiffing the hell out of each other. ***1/4

The Bodydonnas © vs. The Godwinns - WWE World Tag Team Championships

This match was an absolute mess with a crappy ending. The one saving grace about the match was the really cool stuff that Phineas was coming out with in the middle of the match as he mocked his opponents. On the whole, this was a right crappy match. 1/2*

Shawn Michaels © vs. Diesel, No Holds Barred Match - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

This also marks the end of the WWE PPV career of Diesel. Diesel, not being one to leave quietly, throws his jacket right at Vince, who is none too amused. Diesel, much like Razor earlier on, put on the performance of a lifetime. So much so that it wasn't HBK that needed to carry Diesel to a legendary match. It was Diesel that carried this thing in a big way. Everything about this match which made is special was pretty much done by Diesel. Another great match from HBK from 1996. ****3/4

OVERALL

Thumbs in the middle for this show. The main event is definately must see and there's another good match to be had. You do have to sit through some right tedious pish though but it's worth it to see this main event.

DH Smith to ECW
Paves the way for the New Hart Foundation if nothing else.
Yasss...TJ and Harry back together again. This draft pick makes me a happy man :D
Natalya to ECW I wish P&B had a yawn emoticon.
Blasphemy! Hart foundation v2 has arrived and ECW has just kicked on again after losing Miz and Morisson!

After ECW this week business has picked up again. SD and ECW are fast becoming must see tv again. Shame that RAW has been shit lately.

THE INTERNATIONAL SHITARSE 100

Yuss. This is a thing I'm going to be posting on a number of forums, so I'll be doing it here as well. I want as many people bringing me nominations as possible.

This is going to be a list of the worst 100 wrestlers in the world NOT based in the UK or Ireland. The timeframe I'm looking at for nominating from is 2003 onwards. A wrestler's work before that point must not be considered.

I want 15 nominations as well, and they're to be sent to [email protected].

Ever since I started watching all of the old stuff, I got a new appreciation for Ahmed. He is the best kind of badass. Never the most mobile or agile guy, but he never had to be. All he had to do was kick some asses and he was great at that. His facial expressions were amazing too. Especially his "what was THAT ?!?!" look.

Judgement Day card.

WWE Championship

Randy Orton © vs. Batista

This is gonna be another in the long list of boring RAW matches that we have seen as of late. Orton isn't bad, but is he good enough to carry Batista to a good match ? No. He is not. This will probably get loads of time as well as a lot of shenanigans. No thanks. As for a prediction, it'll have to be Randy Orton for me.

World Championship

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

This should at least deliver where the main event does not. Edge is carrying an injury, but that hasn't stopped him being incredible recently and is on a hot streak. Jeff Hardy is working harder than he has ever worked before, and these two together should give us a belter. I'm going to predict an Edge victory here, only for CM Punk, finally rid of Umaga, to come out and take the belt in front of a rabid hometown crowd.

ECW Championship

Christian © vs. Jack Swagger

It's Christian/Swagger. Do you really see them not having a good match ? This is more of a match to give them closure and to let Christian move onto his next fued. I expect that he's gonna win clean.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho

YUSS ! This is gonna be bloody awesome. How awesome has Rey been since his last injury ? It's as if he's refound some of the amazing form which made him so popular in ECW. Jericho has peaked in amazing fashion as of late. As for a prediction, it's hard to say, but I reckon Jericho is too big for the IC belt, so it's gonna be Rey.

Umaga vs. CM Punk

Not sure what to expect from these guys. Apparently their house show run has been good. I expect Punk to win the match and rid himself of the mighty Samoan.

The Big Show vs. John Cena

Cena brings his A-game to PPV every time. This time, he comes up against someone who is more than capable of a decent match, so I expect a better match than someone people are from this. Prediction ? Cena.

John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin

Everyone should be gay for JoMo. Shelton is so hit and miss that you can't predict what is going to happen in any of his matches. I hope that he brings his good stuff so as we can have a belter. JoMo to win and get a mega push out of it.

I'm expecting something like the 30th good - great PPV from WWE on the trot. They really have had a knack for delivering on PPV, even to the point where they are advertising that all of their PPVs are awesome. They're not wrong.

This is the first PPV I haven't bought in a while, I'm sure it'll be readily available online though so I may still give it a watch if it turns out to be good.

:o

I'm shocked that a card this good is the first PPV you haven't bought in a while. It's amazing. I parted with my money pretty easily.

:o

I'm shocked that a card this good is the first PPV you haven't bought in a while. It's amazing. I parted with my money pretty easily.

Needs must, the £14.63 is much better spent elsewhere at the moment.

In other less lubricated news, I've been watching The Dirt Sheet. It'd seem it hasn't actually left since the break up of Miz and Morrison, so I have decided to go back and watch every episode. This this deserves a slammy. It's a shame that they only last about three minutes a pop, but it's usually three minutes of laughs.

The best one is when The Miz drinks coffee and gets, in his own words "JAKKED UP ON COFFEEEEEEE !!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!" before going completely mental.

In other less lubricated news, I've been watching The Dirt Sheet. It'd seem it hasn't actually left since the break up of Miz and Morrison, so I have decided to go back and watch every episode. This this deserves a slammy. It's a shame that they only last about three minutes a pop, but it's usually three minutes of laughs.

The best one is when The Miz drinks coffee and gets, in his own words "JAKKED UP ON COFFEEEEEEE !!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!" before going completely mental.

Yeah, it's still be really good even after the acrimonious split of Miz and JoMo (as you've so wonderfully christened him :P).