The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

THE INTERNATIONAL SHITARSE 100

Yuss. This is a thing I'm going to be posting on a number of forums, so I'll be doing it here as well. I want as many people bringing me nominations as possible.

This is going to be a list of the worst 100 wrestlers in the world NOT based in the UK or Ireland. The timeframe I'm looking at for nominating from is 2003 onwards. A wrestler's work before that point must not be considered.

I want 15 nominations as well, and they're to be sent to crappy100@hotmail.co.uk.

Ever since I started watching all of the old stuff, I got a new appreciation for Ahmed. He is the best kind of badass. Never the most mobile or agile guy, but he never had to be. All he had to do was kick some asses and he was great at that. His facial expressions were amazing too. Especially his "what was THAT ?!?!" look.

Judgement Day card.

WWE Championship

Randy Orton © vs. Batista

This is gonna be another in the long list of boring RAW matches that we have seen as of late. Orton isn't bad, but is he good enough to carry Batista to a good match ? No. He is not. This will probably get loads of time as well as a lot of shenanigans. No thanks. As for a prediction, it'll have to be Randy Orton for me.

World Championship

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

This should at least deliver where the main event does not. Edge is carrying an injury, but that hasn't stopped him being incredible recently and is on a hot streak. Jeff Hardy is working harder than he has ever worked before, and these two together should give us a belter. I'm going to predict an Edge victory here, only for CM Punk, finally rid of Umaga, to come out and take the belt in front of a rabid hometown crowd.

ECW Championship

Christian © vs. Jack Swagger

It's Christian/Swagger. Do you really see them not having a good match ? This is more of a match to give them closure and to let Christian move onto his next fued. I expect that he's gonna win clean.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho

YUSS ! This is gonna be bloody awesome. How awesome has Rey been since his last injury ? It's as if he's refound some of the amazing form which made him so popular in ECW. Jericho has peaked in amazing fashion as of late. As for a prediction, it's hard to say, but I reckon Jericho is too big for the IC belt, so it's gonna be Rey.

Umaga vs. CM Punk

Not sure what to expect from these guys. Apparently their house show run has been good. I expect Punk to win the match and rid himself of the mighty Samoan.

The Big Show vs. John Cena

Cena brings his A-game to PPV every time. This time, he comes up against someone who is more than capable of a decent match, so I expect a better match than someone people are from this. Prediction ? Cena.

John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin

Everyone should be gay for JoMo. Shelton is so hit and miss that you can't predict what is going to happen in any of his matches. I hope that he brings his good stuff so as we can have a belter. JoMo to win and get a mega push out of it.

I'm expecting something like the 30th good - great PPV from WWE on the trot. They really have had a knack for delivering on PPV, even to the point where they are advertising that all of their PPVs are awesome. They're not wrong.

:o

I'm shocked that a card this good is the first PPV you haven't bought in a while. It's amazing. I parted with my money pretty easily.

Needs must, the £14.63 is much better spent elsewhere at the moment.

In other less lubricated news, I've been watching The Dirt Sheet. It'd seem it hasn't actually left since the break up of Miz and Morrison, so I have decided to go back and watch every episode. This this deserves a slammy. It's a shame that they only last about three minutes a pop, but it's usually three minutes of laughs.

The best one is when The Miz drinks coffee and gets, in his own words "JAKKED UP ON COFFEEEEEEE !!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!" before going completely mental.

In other less lubricated news, I've been watching The Dirt Sheet. It'd seem it hasn't actually left since the break up of Miz and Morrison, so I have decided to go back and watch every episode. This this deserves a slammy. It's a shame that they only last about three minutes a pop, but it's usually three minutes of laughs.

The best one is when The Miz drinks coffee and gets, in his own words "JAKKED UP ON COFFEEEEEEE !!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!" before going completely mental.

Yeah, it's still be really good even after the acrimonious split of Miz and JoMo (as you've so wonderfully christened him :P).

Punk to cash in Money in the Bank...

... and lose.

That's something I've thought about, and something that's bothered me recently. Why hasn't Umaga stopped Punk AFTER he's cashed in the case ? He could cost Punk the match and give Edge a win. He's stupid.

I think Punk will win it though. I think WWE will be aware of the disaster they had last time around with Punk and that's why he's been given the case again. They're now building up that title win, and even though he got a lukewarm reaction when he won the MitB match, he's been getting mental pops since he started hinting at winning the belt and also gets mental pops for his normal matches now. He's over big time recently and in his hometown of Chicago, you can multiply that a few notches. He WILL win. ;)

Yeah, it's still be really good even after the acrimonious split of Miz and JoMo (as you've so wonderfully christened him :P )

It's not my name for him. It's a name that's been banded about quite a bit.

I'll notbe paying for Judgement Day. I don't pay for any except Mania or the Rumble. I'll try find a streaming of it online.

Batista in a main event is meh.

Looking forward to Edge vs Jeff, Christian vs Swagger and Punk vs Umaga.

pwmania.com

-- World Wrestling Entertainment is well aware of websites such as Justin.TV streaming pay-per-view broadcasts for free in real time and have been much more adamant in recent months in shutting down the feeds.

During any one pay-per-view event, a multitude of live streams can be found on Justin.TV, some of which attracting upwards of 500,000 visitors. In response, WWE now has their legal team scouring the website during live shows for feeds in hopes of squashing as many as they can.

According to one source, they are taking the same approach to these sites that feature WWE copyrighted material being posted on YouTube. :huh:

b*****dS!!!

I know 'taker is expected to take a break until mid-July but does anyone know how long HBK is taking time-out?

SummerSlam