The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

That's what I said. Kurt Angle always said he was the one wanting time off, when it was the other way about. Which is why Angle even gave up a LOAD of money to go straight to TNA and break his no-compete clause, just so he could continue to keep going and keep going.

He was a liability and that's why he was let go. You only have to look at the history books and people in the same situation who took the time off. The Undertaker, Steve Austin and even Kurt Angle himself did so. All of these guys could have competed and listened to their boss.

I read not too long ago that Angles contract was up sometime within the next year and that he had been contacted by WWE. I'm also sure I read something saying that WWE creative had began work on an Angle comeback just incase it happened. If he does he would have to come back on a limited schedule, isn't that the reason he is in TNA? The schedule is lighter.

I'm also sure I read something saying that WWE creative had began work on an Angle comeback just incase it happened. If he does he would have to come back on a limited schedule, isn't that the reason he is in TNA? The schedule is lighter.

He's in TNA because it was the quickest way to get back into the business. If he went back to WWE, he'd be forced into the light schedule whether he wanted it or not.

And for anyone who has been to Braehead Arena before, you can pretty much tell just by looking at that .gif that it isn't said arena.

Just a quick question. Anyone like Doink? I've never really been that into the gimmick but I've just been watching some old stuff and the original heel Doink The Clown played by Matt Bourne was an awesome heel. He was kinda scary as a kid and had the whole Heath Ledger/sinister clown deal going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhRnWMBcNQQ...5AC&index=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Zgfi7xdqU...5AC&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNFCeow_1Mw...5AC&index=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlsF4R6xMo...AC&index=13

An awesome heel and he could deliver some great promos.

Any thoughts?

Under-rated big time as both a heel and a face.

Watch some TV from the time when he was there, and he was constantly getting 15 minute matches because the guys knew how good he is.

As a heel, he was a genuinely scary bugger, and almost a perfect fit for WWE at the time.

I've mainly been watching promos and interviews as it's not really the wrestler that has me gripped it's more the gimmick. He was so far ahead of his time IMO. I've not been watching any face stuff but I'll get around to it eventually.

WWE fucked up a great character by firing Bourne after he failed a drugs test. and gave to anybody.

Any matches you would recomend?

I've already watched most of his stuff with Savage. I've heard about his stuff with Mr.Perfect too and it's something I'll need to check out. Owen/Doink sounds good too I'll need to watch that too.

I'm watching Doink vs Kamala just now and his music freaks the shit out of me still :lol: used to scare me shitless as a wean :lol: .

That's what I said. Kurt Angle always said he was the one wanting time off, when it was the other way about. Which is why Angle even gave up a LOAD of money to go straight to TNA and break his no-compete clause, just so he could continue to keep going and keep going.

He was a liability and that's why he was let go. You only have to look at the history books and people in the same situation who took the time off. The Undertaker, Steve Austin and even Kurt Angle himself did so. All of these guys could have competed and listened to their boss.

:huh::huh: but you tryed to prove to me earlier if you look up in an earlier post that he refused time off .... read up ^^^

and wwe were rumoured to be ready to offer Kurt a new contract as soon as poss.

Rikishi jumping off the cage was amazing - even more so the fact that he did a tightrope to the middle rather than jumping off the corner.

My mate has just bought a ticket for Raw at Braehead on the 5th November. I'm wracking my brains to think of a hilarious sign (a la Owen Coyle is God at Wrestlemania) ... any ideas?

:huh::huh: but you tryed to prove to me earlier if you look up in an earlier post that he refused time off .... read up ^^^

and wwe were rumoured to be ready to offer Kurt a new contract as soon as poss.

If he wanted the time off himself, why did he instantly jump to TNA and be forced to pay money to WWE for breaking his no-compete clause rather than sit out a couple of months ?

It was fairly well documented at the time that WWE weren't happy with the fact that he could be paralysed in one of their rings.

Woooo new avatar.

Steamboat vs Jericho is the only match I am looking forward to tonight really.

Agree with you, only other slightly interesting thing will be seeing if they get a title back to SD.

CM Punk couldn't go with the ROH "better than you" gimmick as portraying being Straight Edge as bad would be a MASSIVE no-no for WWE in these PG times. Would be interesting to see what they did with Punk if they turned him heel.

I Quit, Last Man Standing and Steamboat/Jericho should ALL be worth a look.