The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

HHH was also Jean Paul Levesque.

The other thing about that post I made was that after reading the giant writing, the person must have went and read the entire recap of the opening promo, realised what I was doing and continued reading anyways.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly sympathetic.

Totally.

You could tell within the first line of your post what you were going to discuss if he was stupid enough to read the rest then more fool him.

For a grown man to close the thread for that reason is utterly pathetic.

Want me to go crying to the mods and have it reopened lol?

Anyone think it might beHulk Hogan vs Jericho at Mania? It seems certain that Hogan wants to do a match and since last night the seeds were planted between Cena and Edge and also HHH and Orton I think it might be Jericho for him.

Guest Berwick till i die
Want me to go crying to the mods and have it reopened lol?

Anyone think it might beHulk Hogan vs Jericho at Mania? It seems certain that Hogan wants to do a match and since last night the seeds were planted between Cena and Edge and also HHH and Orton I think it might be Jericho for him.

Hogan vs Jericho looks a certainty in my opinion as Jericho is going to fight a legend as he keeps on putting them all down and eventually Hogan's music will hit.

If it is Jericho vs Hogan at Wrestlemania I hope Hogan puts Jericho over as Jericho in my opinion is the top heel on raw that includes Orton and surely a Jericho victory only helps his character and hopefully gets him back in the title picture.

What does everyone think of Christian been stuck on ECW it's safe to say he is been punished for walking out on the WWE and will be made to rot their for a while as pay back before been drafted to the mid card on raw or smackdown in April.

Totally.

You could tell within the first line of your post what you were going to discuss if he was stupid enough to read the rest then more fool him.

For a grown man to close the thread for that reason is utterly pathetic.

Do you honestly think I locked it because of that particular post?

I had been meaning to lock it for months. It was at least 3 years old and was not something I was particularly wanting to see coming back to the top seeing as I started it. I hate threads that go on and on that have no real issue to discuss these days.

You have your new thread now. No damage done. Carry on.

Do you honestly think I locked it because of that particular post?

I had been meaning to lock it for months. It was at least 3 years old and was not something I was particularly wanting to see coming back to the top seeing as I started it. I hate threads that go on and on that have no real issue to discuss these days.

You have your new thread now. No damage done. Carry on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to say the timing of it being locked is more than suspect. perhaps you did it out of spite and are now too embaressed to re-open it?

Would love to see Jericho-Hogan

I don't think Christian is being punished. I think that Vince hates it when people know exactly what is going to happen so likes to have random things happening to keep people guessing. Since everyone assumed Christian would return at the Rumble he waited and put him on ECW. Hopefully he can get Swagger more over before moving to RAW/Smackdown and getting some damm good feuds going.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- SmackDown writer Michael Hayes originally came up with the idea of Christian Cage doing all the sneak attacks on Jeff Hardy to be revealed at the Royal Rumble. As time went on and people figured that Christian was behind it, and/or Hayes realized how Vince felt about Christian, he approached Vince with the idea of giving the role to Matt Hardy. Hayes sold the idea on the fact that Matt vs. Jeff would be a bigger surprise and bigger draw than Jeff vs. Christian, and Vince agreed with him.

John Laurinaitis had been pushing to do something with Christian sooner, rather than have him sit and wait until April. While all the talk about his return was going on, Vince started to sour on Christian. Back in 2005, whenever ideas were brought up for Christian, Vince always nixed them and only saw Cage as an upper midcarder. Vince even said in meetings that Christian had no star aura about him and that his head shot promotional photo was one of the worse he had ever seen.

RAW writer Brian Gewirtz asked about bringing him to RAW after Matt got the spot on SmackDown, but there was concern he would end up like D-Lo Brown - just hired and forgot about without getting a chance. They came up with the idea to give him a new feud with someone Vince is high on, that being Jack Swagger. They felt the longer they didn't get him on TV, the more likely he'd end up never to get going and this was the best thing they had for him. The original idea for the ECW show had the same opener with the two but several segments were planned that showed Christian meeting the talent on the brand and putting him over like it was a big thing he was there.

The actual match was booked to be a short sprint for him to shine some more, ending with Swagger getting counted out or some crazy no contest. Vince ended up changing the show to what it ended up being. It was seen internally as Vince having no vision of Christian as a star.

Although in TNA he was a big star, I have to agree that i never saw Christian as a major player. I think he could be a top level player but it remains to be seen whether he can get over or not. Like Jericho though, I think he works better as a heel.

Could we spoiler tag any things like this in future? I don't mind this one so much but for things like matches on PPV's and future angles I prefer to remain ignorant.

I can't say I particularly agree what what you said ( Revolvingduck ). But saying that, I am a huge Christian mark. ( Dear god I hate using wrestling terminology... I feel like an utter c**t )

As a face I'd say he's upper mid-card at best, But with the right writing he could be a bigger player as a heel.

Now, I don't watch TNA at all and this weeks RAW was the first non Rumble/Wrestlemania WWE event I've watched in years, But from what I can remember Christian can go pretty well on the mic.

And for the record, Rey used to be Yokozuna. He got trapped in a washing machine years ago and suffered a lot of tissue damage.