The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If the rumours that Kevin Dunn has also gone are true, Cornette's podcast this week is going to be absolutely fucking tremendous

The problem with that podcast is he takes about 2 hours to get to a very fantastic point. 

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Brock is smart enough to realise that WWE are the only company who are going to pay him what he wants.

Dunn is an awful producer, so I imagine the new regime will be delighted to be shot of him so easily.

Eh? Tony Kahn would pay Lesnar whatever he asked for.

Kahn employs utter guff like Dr. Luther and Jack Swagger, I'm sure he could find the money needed for Lesnar down the back of his da's couch.

This seems to have went unnoticed but Vince has already confirmed he's still running the show.

Bruce Pritchard is taking over Vince's spot in gorilla upon which there is going to be a handover process with Vince giving Bruce advice during the shows for the foreseeable. :lol:

On 23/07/2022 at 00:00, Ludo*1 said:

I'm gutted that Vince is gone. He's a horrific human being and spearheaded a dreadful product for about 10 year now, but he's Vince McMahon. This is mental.

I genuinely thought he would be carried out of WWE in a coffin live on Monday Night Raw, seems surreal that he is stepping down.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

I genuinely thought he would be carried out of WWE in a coffin live on Monday Night Raw, seems surreal that he is stepping down.

It doesn't seem like he is. After that Prichard news I mentioned above, the latest is that WWE doesn't want to make many changes to their product. They want it to seem, and I quote, 'like Vince never left' so that they seem stable without him. 

Everything points to him still running things just by proxy whilst this storm goes on and he's out of the limelight as more revelations come out.

Will be interesting to see their stock price movement today.

To be fair Gargano is arguably still in WWE, or at least hasn't gone anywhere else yet.  He's as much there as anywhere else.  With big Trips on the stick, certainly far more opportunities for smaller guys to get a shot, and if he is getting the sort of power it seems like he is, it's about to get a lot more attractive for the types of wrestlers old NXT thrived on.  

Certainly a good time to be, say, Tommaso Ciampa.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bruce has about 12 jobs on the go with WWE does he not? 

He’s been ‘demoted’ to something, but haven’t him and HHH got beef over sonething? Sure that came out last year