The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if we will see some wrestlers back in WWE soon like Adam Cole and Moxley?

Why would Mox return to WWE? He's one of the biggest stars in wrestling and is able to work all over the place, like he wants. He didn't enjoy WWE much before the end. With Stephanie McMahon being in charge I doubt much will change.

Likewise why would Adam Cole go back? He would probably be on the cruiserweight show if he went  back. He's recently been in World Title matches and headlined a PPV on AEW. Probably on good cash too.

10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if we will see some wrestlers back in WWE soon like Adam Cole and Moxley?

CM Punk and AJ Lee would be a good start. 

Anonymous GM/Ipad with Cole speaking to run WWE for the next decade now IMO.  May stay up for Smackdown now. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kevin Dunn is rumoured to be gone as well according to Adam Pacitti.

Seems like this isn't so much a retirement but a hostile takeover. 

Vince has obviously handed over to Steph and Trips in exchange for seeing his grandchildren again and they've wasted nae time in going Adam Sandlers Butler in Mr Deeds.

34 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Not sure what soon is meant to be classed as here. Cole's been there less than a year. Chances are he's got a couple of years to go. 

Mox would have passed 3 years and on a new contract as well by now. 

I don't buy why he'd tweet anything if he was going go be around in any capacity. I think he's done. The stories swirling are likely going to get worse, and it makes sense for him to get out of the public eye and distance the company from those stories (whether it's his own choice or not).

So if thats true...fucking hell. A monumental time for the industry, let alone WWE. Brock deciding he doesn't fancy it is not a good look to start out with, but there's now a chance for things to really change creatively. It's going to be very, very interesting what comes next.

But will say, there's not a fucking chance of anyone who's jumped ship coming back, at least none that matter. Mox is having a fucking great time and has no need for it. Punks problems weren't all about Vince, and he has plenty left to do in AEW. Possibly means the likes of MJF are more inclined to move over though.

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Despite everything I'm shocked. I thought he'd be wheeled out in a body bag.

Announced on Monday morning as Ric Flairs last oppenent - live on Vinnie Macs Wrestling Federation for only $9.99.

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

I don't buy why he'd tweet anything if he was going go be around in any capacity. I think he's done. The stories swirling are likely going to get worse, and it makes sense for him to get out of the public eye and distance the company from those stories (whether it's his own choice or not).

So if thats true...fucking hell. A monumental time for the industry, let alone WWE. Brock deciding he doesn't fancy it is not a good look to start out with, but there's now a chance for things to really change creatively. It's going to be very, very interesting what comes next.

“As I approach 77 years old, I feel it’s time for me to retire as Chairman and CEO of WWE. Throughout the years, it’s been a privilege to help WWE bring you joy, inspire you, thrill you, surprise you, and always entertain you. I would like to thank my family for mightily contributing to our success, and I would also like to thank all of our past and present Superstars and employees for their dedication and passion for our brand. Most importantly, I would like to thank our fans for allowing us into your homes every week and being your choice of entertainment. I hold the deepest appreciation and admiration for our generations of fans all over the world who have liked, currently like, and sometimes even love our form of Sports Entertainment.

“Our global audience can take comfort in knowing WWE will continue to entertain you with the same fervor, dedication, and passion as always. I am extremely confident in the continued success of WWE, and I leave our company in the capable hands of an extraordinary group of Superstars, employees, and executives – in particular, both Chairwoman and Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon and Co-CEO Nick Khan. As the majority shareholder, I will continue to support WWE in any way I can. My personal thanks to our community and business partners, shareholders, and Board of Directors for their guidance and support through the years. Then. Now. Forever. Together.”

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He’ll still be pulling the strings until he’s cold in the ground. Surprised he didn’t say he’ll be in smackdown to pop another rating.

Found Tony Khan’s tweet very attention seeking an unfunny.

I don't get that guy. I know he's just a big message board Mark from the old days, but he comes out with some pish. He's likely got the best product in wrestling at the moment, just shut the f**k up and concentrate on that.

17 minutes ago, forameus said:

I don't get that guy. I know he's just a big message board Mark from the old days, but he comes out with some pish. He's likely got the best product in wrestling at the moment, just shut the f**k up and concentrate on that.

Aye he's a welt.