The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Paige has been acting like a pompous, arrogant c**t on Twitter 'taking on trolls'. She first popped up as she had a super snide dig towards Bubba Ray Dudley after he had an absolute car crash of a radio performance saying he wants Moxley to apologise for checking into rehab. It was a horrendous take, but her response was, 'Yeah, no wonder people like D-Von better than you in the business'.

Since then she's pretty much became insufferable. She's been calling trolls out on their appearance etc and it just comes off as 12 year old pish.

It's genuinely apparently due to the fact that Shane was allowed to book the Rumble match and Vince thinks he made a complete arse of it and Vince was raging that Shane got the better of Riddle in a 'punch off'.

Surely that's nonsense?

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Excellent news. He's fucking awful and I cannot stand him as a wrestler. 

Stephen Hawking could throw better punches. Unbelievable that with about 20 years of experience, his punches didn't improve in the slightest. To hear commentators talking about his good striking ability was utterly farcical. 

8 hours ago, forameus said:

I wondered that, Bianca Belair on Wembley Way doing stuff. Seems a really odd decision if they're not going to do it. WWE may be shite at the moment but think I'd be up for that, not like its a regular occurrence.

Would be a struggle to get tickets. 

Seems to be a lot of rumours going round that Steve Austin will come back for one final match at Mania vs Kevin Owens, don't see it happening and if it does I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about it. Would be some pop though with Mania being in Texas

Edited by Bert Raccoon

From WWE's perspective it's an absolute no-brainer.  If they have Austin appearing it'd sell some tickets.  Actually wrestling then it wouldn't matter what the rest of the card looked like, there's no-one missing that. But it's a risk, mostly to Austin.  I always thought he was one that was quite happy to stay retired and resist the overtures.  He can easily come back and play all kinds of roles that aren't actually wrestling the match, coin it in, scratch that itch, and get out.  I don't doubt Kevin Owens is a safe pair of hands who could get a tune out of him, but is it worth writing another chapter? After all, HBK coming back is looked at as an unmitigated disaster, and that was at least partially down to the freak accident of HHH tearing his pec (although there was a lot more wrong there).  If Austin goes out and tears something and they simply can't put on the show they hoped, does he tarnish his legacy?

Also looks like big Dwayne is also teasing a comeback after his Superbowl appearance.  With next year being in LA, WM could be set if they have Stone Cold wrestling, and then Rock coming out to set up the year after.  

And with Owens, they could easily build a story and subsequent match that leaves Austin with very little to do other than eventually come out on top.  Owens is a fantastic heel, even something as simple as feeling like Austin upstaged him, then build the match with Owens playing the psychotic heel and putting Austin through the wringer.  Few minor hope spots, then the ultimate hulk up and Austin wins.  Surely doable for someone who is probably in OK shape, with time to work on it, despite his age and rust.

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

AEW confirming he's left. 

Just saw that.  Interesting to see if they're moving into new territories of work, but certainly seems official.  Could he just be wanting to go back to something more independent?  Back to New Japan?  WWE is obviously mentioned, but...why?  Aside from surely being able to demand a much better deal than he had previously (which is obviously important) why would you make that move?