The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Nah it was only a few weeks ago she was already getting the “already in the ring” treatment without an entrance, I reckon they’d already made their minds up. 
Hence why I put maybe [emoji23]

Although the 'already in the ring' thing can just be lazy production and/or time constraints with all the ads they have to fit in on US telly - plenty have won matches on Raw/SD after getting no entrance as such.

Apart from Sasha there is no one to challenge Charlotte on SD now until Bayley is back from injury - they've already treated Shotzi like a joke after calling her up too.

Storm will get picked up no probs wherever she wants to go, whether that's a blast around various indies or to AEW or Japan - she's too good not to be.

9 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Reports seem to suggest that Toni Storm asked for her release.

Apparently they didn't want to release her but couldn't justify keeping her following the number of budget cut releases they've had in last 18 months.

It appears that unless you're a major star, anyone who really wants to go will be allowed to. This was unthinkable previously. 

It’s all subjective and really depends on what you look for in a wrestler. Punk was/is undoubtedly a bigger draw, merch mover and better wrestler though.

In terms of in ring, what are the great Randy Orton matches? Foley back in 04, the series with Christian in 2011 and probably more recently with Jeff Hardy. Punk had more belters in his locker before he even turned up in WWE. 

Sounds like Drews necks fucked. 

I was thinking after the house show in Glasgow that he was wrestling a very physical match considering it was a throwaway house show. Seemingly been going at that pace twice a night all year. Injury waiting to happen. 

Who's actually left at the Performance Centre to train these all these new recruits?

Cos it seems a hell of a lot of trainers from Trips' time in charge are being punted - never mind that they already got rid of folk like Lance Storm months ago.

I'd say it's likely Ciampa & Strong along with smaller guys like Cameron Grimes & Kushida could be at risk from next lot of talent releases as they don't fit the mould of what Vince & co want NXT to be.

34 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Who's actually left at the Performance Centre to train these all these new recruits?

Cos it seems a hell of a lot of trainers from Trips' time in charge are being punted - never mind that they already got rid of folk like Lance Storm months ago.

I'd say it's likely Ciampa & Strong along with smaller guys like Cameron Grimes & Kushida could be at risk from next lot of talent releases as they don't fit the mould of what Vince & co want NXT to be.

Matt Bloom, Robbie Brookside, Norman Smiley, Shawn Michaels, Terry Taylor, Fit Finlay, Steve Corino, Hideki Suzuki, Scott Armstrong, Chris Guy & a few 'strength and conditioning' coaches are all still there I believe.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Matt Bloom, Robbie Brookside, Norman Smiley, Shawn Michaels, Terry Taylor, Fit Finlay, Steve Corino, Hideki Suzuki, Scott Armstrong, Chris Guy & a few 'strength and conditioning' coaches are all still there I believe.

Hideki Suzuki and Scott Armstrong were names amongst the releases if I remember right.

Just seen that Little Petey Pump, the Canadian Destroyer himself: Petey Williams has been signed as a producer. Muscle guys and little flippy guys are sorted in their training then :)

Looks like we are getting Reigns vs Rollins at the Rumble for the Universal title.

Seeing as apparently their original plan for Reigns vs Lesnar at Mania is going ahead that surely means wins for Lashley & Reigns at the Rumble.

Just when it seems like they've sacked it off, they've pulled out quite a card for the Royal Rumble.  Both Rumble matches, Brock/Lashley, Reigns/Rollins, Nakamura/Zayn amongst others.  Just in time for them to raise expectations ahead of an overly long, overly booked WM.  Tremendous.

The Mox book is available now from Amazon.

Got it yesterday. Only almost half way through and this guy is the most relatable wrestler ever! Can tell that this will be up there with Bret's and Foley's first book.

Fantastic video.

Regal getting suspended here was gutting at the time. He'd lost a power of weight, gained a massive mean streak and just played the part so well. He went from the OTT comedy scoundrel villain to dead-eyed in a matter of weeks and it was just amazing stuff to see at the time.

This was him at his absolute best, there was definitely a world title run in him here and it's fucking rubbish it got cut short after only about 6 weeks.

What a shame that they couldn't capitalise on that one moment in time and pull the trigger with him.

That image of him sitting on his throne in the middle of the ring as the lights came up and just staring out at the crowd was genuinely superb. WWE when they do it right are amazing but it becomes less and less frequent with the passing of time.

Edited by djchapsticks