The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It's sad to see such a well known name disappear possibly disappear for good, but RoH has felt like a bit of a nonentity for years now. I'm sure the likes of Rush and Danhausen won't be struggling for a job for long.

It'll be interesting to see where their video library ends up if Sinclair puts it up for grabs. It would be a huge get for Tony Khan for when his AEW streaming service starts, especially with so much great early Punk and Danielson stuff.

Its the one wrestling product I havent really followed so Im not sure what led to its downfall. I did watch that MSG show a few years ago and didnt think it was up to much.

Bully Ray seems to be copping a lot of the flack on twitter. Whats the story there? I know he got a lot of heat a while ago for intimidating a fan. 

The rot set in years ago when they sold to Sinclair. Instead of trying to expand they got stuck in a holding pattern.

When AEW came along they tried to compete with the RUSH, Bandido, PCO type signings. Those kind of contracts would have killed off most companies if Sinclair hadn't been willing to eat the cost during COVID.

Its possible running things on a shoestring they realised they didn't need those type of deals. If the likes of MLW and NWA can do the same thing in terms of a weekly TV product with a handful of live events per year why complicate things.

The RoH tape library is supposed to be for sale. Certainly would make sense for Sinclair to make some cash. Obvious incentives for AEW and WWE to buy. Although with the network not quite as important it really should be a purchase that AEW pick up. At the very least it gives them the rights to All In which planted the seed for AEW.

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The RoH tape library is supposed to be for sale. Certainly would make sense for Sinclair to make some cash. Obvious incentives for AEW and WWE to buy. Although with the network not quite as important it really should be a purchase that AEW pick up. At the very least it gives them the rights to All In which planted the seed for AEW.

And as Tony has reminded people regularly AEW has more money than WWE...

Moxley booked into rehab for alcohol related issues and taking indefinite leave from AEW to straighten himself out.

Must say, he has looked pretty bloated of late so there was clearly something going on but I'm a bit shocked it's a drink problem.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs and comes back stronger.

Fair play to him and Tony Khan for being very up front about the situation. It's incredible that he has performed to such a high standard while dealing with such a miserable addiction.

I wonder if they'll quietly drop the boozing part of Hangman's gimmick as a result of this?

He was half cut a few times towards the end of his WWE run. Looked worse for wear once or twice recently as well although you could easily think that was his demeanour I suppose.

Ive always had a feeling about him in that regard. As an alki myself I get a hunch.

He will be back better than ever I am confident. As long as he takes rehab seriously and doesnt come out of it thinking he can go back to being a moderate drinker.