The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Charlotte Flair was at Triplemania last night. Queen, she knows she’s untouchable.

She is but it seems a lot like she's trying to push buttons and work her ticket.

She basically no-showed an event in her hometown where she was advertised and rocked up in Mexico City with her man. She looks like she is trying to piss folk off to punt her.

Yeah, I'd agree about them not really needing her.  The women's division is one where they're not absolutely stacked with top talent, so without Charlotte there they could easily put together a number of pretty decent feuds.  Especially as they're reaching a bit of saturation with her.  If it came to a choice, it's probably going to be more whether they can afford to let someone else have her, rather than if they need her themselves.  

Charlotte will become more indispensable IMO the more she becomes openly arrogant about her position. Crotch chopping the crowd and turning up where she likes should be the start of a great run but if anyone can kill the momentum it’s the Fed.

WWE clearly want her to get to 17 titles. But she could easily hold them over a barrel with the fact everyone assumes that she wants to be such a dick that she gets out of her contract and joins her fiancee and dad in AEW, whether that's true or not.

Could be an entertaining few months either way. Either she is a tremendous dickhead heel if she stays. Or she is released and jumps and matches with Britt, Rosa and Deeb (although I can't realistically see this happening).

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The guy has always been a fanny.

Cornette's recent rants about "Uncle Dave" are hilarious

And absolutely spot on.

Utterly stranger danger behaviour what he does. Cuts Cornette to pieces then listens to his show and emails him like they are besties.

Hes got a weird infatuation that most Japanese matches are amazing and WWE have never done anything good (which tbf, for almost a decade now, he's not wrong on that front!) and finally, he just blatantly makes things up.

Edited by Ludo*1

That always gets chucked at him, but I’d be interested to hear the 5 star matches he’s missed in WWE? Japan just had a higher standard of actual wrestling for decades - and has only really been properly rivalled by NXT under WWE’s umbrella. 

Do not get me wrong, I think the man’s a fud and borderline unlistenable most of the time, but I don’t get the bodyings over ratings. Japan has just had better wrestlers, and better matches.