The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Part of me thinks Drew isn't getting a WWE title shot at Mania, reckon it will be Drew vs Sheamus in a 1on1 match whilst Lashley faces Keith Lee for the WWE Championship (That being if Lee is actually injured and not Vince giving up on him)

On 22/02/2021 at 18:36, Comrie said:

Progress had Paul Robinson working backstage. The dumpster fire that is BritWres right now never learns.

On 22/02/2021 at 18:52, Andre Drazen said:

I think where that one really tells a story was the decision to throw the roster under the bus over it. 

They claim everyone was okay with it. They clearly weren't. Because if they were, it wouldn't have been leaked and nobody would be any wiser. We learned about it because their feet got held to the fire when it got out.

Also... kinda felt like people previously involved there who were "gone" came back, going on the statement. 

A final note. Robinson was apparently going to wrestle, and something suddenly stopped that which, again, suggests there was a problem with him being there.

19 hours ago, TheGoon said:

For the life of me I don’t know why WWE are still associating themselves with Britwres companies. They have next to nothing to gain from it at this point. 

Can’t even go one show without booking  a literal nonce. The industry really never will get better will it? I don’t blame the talent and f**k Progress for throwing them under the bus. One of the main problems in the industry and why abuse has been so rife is the power dynamic between abusers and the abused and also talent with clout vs younger talent. I mean, if it came down to it - who were Progress going to book? Paul Robinson or somebody like Big Guns Joe or Alexxis Falcon? I don’t blame them and A) having talent decide whether or not somebody should be there is not a robust safeguarding policy (or one at all) and B) they obviously weren’t comfortable what with the news of Robinson being there being leaked. 

There’s a number of concerns there. Firstly, they don’t even apologise or say they won’t be using Robinson going forward. Secondly, if a child groomer is passing your vetting process then your vetting process isn’t stringent enough. And lastly, if Paul fucking Robinson (of all people) is getting booked less than year after #SpeakingOut then how many others are going to slip through the radar? 

Somebody raze British wrestling to the ground please. And aye that statement definitely reeks of Briley...

Is Kurt Angle the only top, tippy top guy who's theme music never changed?
Rock, Austin, HHH, Hogan all changed theirs even if slightly at one point or another.
Angle briefly had a remixed theme when he was drafted to ECW in 2006 before he was fired.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Rock, Austin, HHH, Hogan all changed theirs even if slightly at one point or another.

I was going to suggest Legion of Doom/Road Warriors in WWF/E, but then a quick google showed they had an utter shite remix when they were "LOD 2000" round about WM14

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Don't know the answer, but two previous wrestlers (The Patriot and Sgt Slaughter) used Angle's theme tune before him. 

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Not a wrestler as such but has Vinnie Mac’s ever changed since he got music? Seems like it’s always been the exact same version of “No Chance”. 🤔

36 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Not a wrestler as such but has Vinnie Mac’s ever changed since he got music? Seems like it’s always been the exact same version of “No Chance”. 🤔

They got a band in to do an updated version of it (on WWE The Music Volume 8 I think) and he hated it, so the old one stuck 

On 26/02/2021 at 00:39, TheGoon said:

They got a band in to do an updated version of it (on WWE The Music Volume 8 I think) and he hated it, so the old one stuck 

It's brutal:

He also had this version which went unused: