The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

There's a strange fascination with wrestling "journalists".  I should hate them, but the industry they've built up around snake oil is fascinating to watch.  Write whatever pish comes to mind, make sure it's not sourced in any way, then when it inevitably doesn't happen, write something obvious to keep your hit rate up and wave away the shite as "plans changed".  That Rumble rumour is another well crafted one.  "It's being seriously considered", but no details so that when we just get standard WWE fuckery, they can shrug and say that they must have changed their mind.

And people pay for this shit.

EDIT: But f**k it, fantasy booking's a right laugh.  If this is real, wit's the finish daein, guys?

Fiend to enter at 30, still fully ablaze, and he proceeds to win after throwing the final 6 or so out.  He celebrates, still ablaze, at which point Lesnar enters, throws Fiend out (still on fire) and the commentators somehow proclaim him the winner, despite never entering.  Then Hulk Hogan comes out, ala the Rock to raise his arm.

Edited by forameus

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
17 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:
They have previous for giving the win to someone who they know fine will piss off the fans but just do it anyway.

A handful at most.

Going back, we had...

Drew/Charlotte
Rollins/Becky
Nakamura/Asuka
Orton
HHH
Reigns
Batista
John Cena
Sheamus
Del Rio
Edge
Orton
Cena
Undertaker

Out of those, I can only see two that would come under the stubborn category in Batista and Reigns.  The other ones that were a bit of a surprise (that I remember anyway) were done to further a story.  Bit harsh to complain about Orton or HHH winning when it was all part of the story they were trying to tell.  

Past three winners have been pretty popular and decent enough decisions, particularly last year (which was absolutely masterfully booked)

On 28/01/2021 at 22:17, forameus said:

There's a strange fascination with wrestling "journalists".  I should hate them, but the industry they've built up around snake oil is fascinating to watch.  Write whatever pish comes to mind, make sure it's not sourced in any way, then when it inevitably doesn't happen, write something obvious to keep your hit rate up and wave away the shite as "plans changed".  That Rumble rumour is another well crafted one.  "It's being seriously considered", but no details so that when we just get standard WWE fuckery, they can shrug and say that they must have changed their mind.

And people pay for this shit.

EDIT: But f**k it, fantasy booking's a right laugh.  If this is real, wit's the finish daein, guys?

Fiend to enter at 30, still fully ablaze, and he proceeds to win after throwing the final 6 or so out.  He celebrates, still ablaze, at which point Lesnar enters, throws Fiend out (still on fire) and the commentators somehow proclaim him the winner, despite never entering.  Then Hulk Hogan comes out, ala the Rock to raise his arm.

Brad Shephard the pinnacle for me. An absolute wee guy.

Brad Shephard the pinnacle for me. An absolute wee guy.

He ran a Twitter page ages ago I’m sure “pro wrestling mag” It got like 149K followers and It was my go to wrestling page, I enjoyed the news and comments etc. Wasn’t till years later that I realised he makes up random stories and every wrestler calls him out and he just ends up looking like a right tit.