The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

6 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Drew saying “it’s Monday, you know what that means” got to me.

Expected more of a tribute from wwe

Looks like they're going to be doing a decent one at some point in the near future as they taped stuff before the RAW taping. I'm guessing with them being under pressure from the USA Network, they didn't feel they could spend too much time on it at such short notice.

The PW Torch stuff reminds me that wrestling journalism is a sewer of pure amateurism. Was it Dave Meltzer or Alvarez that was speculating on Roman Reigns's Leukaemia as well? These are the biggest names of the industry and they're fucking morons to a person.

3 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Given that AEW aren't against hiring nonces, and Scurll has mates there, I reckon they might find something for him there.

Velveteen Dream & Austin Theory say hello. I’d be surprised if either side touch him at the minute tbh, not too sure where he goes.

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Velveteen Dream & Austin Theory say hello. I’d be surprised if either side touch him at the minute tbh, not too sure where he goes.

WWE don't really care about those sorts of things, as evidenced by deciding Matt Riddle can have a new contract just recently. And it depends how close he is with the Elite mob at this point as well. As I said, they don't seem to care, and past relationships suggest that might be an option.

Meltzer speculated that it might be WWE because they had made an offer before, but that was before his stuff came out. NJPW is definitely an option as they care even less than the above mentioned promotions.

3 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Given that AEW aren't against hiring nonces, and Scurll has mates there, I reckon they might find something for him there.

Who are they meant to be in AEW?

If i'm remembering right BTE cut ties with Scurll and Ryan when #speakingout first began to trend. Scurll starting to reappear having gained influence in RoH. It also led to Jimmy Havoc getting canned.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Who are they meant to be in AEW?

If i'm remembering right BTE cut ties with Scurll and Ryan when #speakingout first began to trend. Scurll starting to reappear having gained influence in RoH. It also led to Jimmy Havoc getting canned.

Did it lead to Justin Roberts or Darby Allin getting canned? Because Allin actually got rewarded with a title win not so long ago?

They clearly just get rid of folk who they don't have all that much use for. Which frankly isn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Did it lead to Justin Roberts or Darby Allin getting canned? Because Allin actually got rewarded with a title win not so long ago?

They clearly just get rid of folk who they don't have all that much use for. Which frankly isn't good enough.

Didn't remember them, that's why I was asking to know.