Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

Just watched Clash of Champions there and fair play was a decent show. The ladder match was the definite highlight and I was laughing at Sami Castro’s 5-D chess. The finish to Asuka and Zelina was unexpectedly decent, McIntyre - Orton was brutal enough and the main event. Ooft.

On 28/09/2020 at 19:24, Chicken Wing said:
On 28/09/2020 at 14:52, DA Baracus said:
They've finally got rid of Roman's stupid chest protector.

D'Lo Brown was asking for it back.

Wouldn't give it to him. He'd drop it. He drops everything...

The stuff with WWE taking over talent’s Twitch accounts is pretty mad. Do they really need the money that much?

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The stuff with WWE taking over talent’s Twitch accounts is pretty mad. Do they really need the money that much?

They made record profits this year, despite the COVID restrictions.

The wrestlers should be telling him to f**k so far off. 'Independent contractors'...

Vinnie Mac appears to have made a really powerful enemy in Andrew Yang. He's taking aim big time and if the presidential and senate races go well for the Dems (fingers crossed) I suspect a reckoning will be coming.

Over the weekend I saw that Impact is going to be on Freesports and their PPVs shown on Premier Sports. The reason i'm not including this in the TNA General thread was because Freesports had been the home of MLW.

MLW's reaction to the news was that they had left Freesports by mutual agreement and had signed a new deal that bring my eyes on MLW than before. They've ended up signing for something called 'The Sports Channel Network'. Which I have never heard of until now.

Homicide & Tom Lawlor’s really worth seeking out from Bloodsport last night, Moxley:Dickinson really good as well

Kevin Pantoja of 411's reviews of NJPW shows featuring Will Opspreay are always worth it just for the unashamed seethe he gives him. Highlights of the G1 Climax night 17 review included:

"Does Okada get back to the finals for the first time since 2014? Does piece of trash Willy the Ospreay make his first?"

"Trash bag human being Will Ospreay is 0-4 against Okada. "

"Then, Bea Priestley showed up to add another despicable person to the show. NJPW is tone-deaf as hell."

"This company is legitimately doubling down, giving Ospreay 12 points, a win over Okada, bringing in his trash girlfriend, and possibly his own faction. f**k off."

😂😂

Edited by cb_diamond

In a weird position of Osperay still being my favourite wrestler to watch by some distance, but not actually liking the guy at all.

23 hours ago, TheGoon said:

In a weird position of Osperay still being my favourite wrestler to watch by some distance, but not actually liking the guy at all.

Watching wrestling seems to often be about separating the performer and the human. So many absolute twats who can still go like the clappers between the ropes.

Taker supposedly appearing at Survivor Series but not wrestling.

*Rolls out*

"Hiya"

*Interruption*

*Chokeslam*

"Cheerio now"

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Until a couple of hours ago, I didn't know this existed, but I'm delighted it does.

Haha yeah I found that a couple of months ago. She's some lass 😍

24 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

Taker supposedly appearing at Survivor Series but not wrestling.

*Rolls out*

"Hiya"

*Interruption*

*Chokeslam*

"Cheerio now"

He'll probably tombstone every single one of Retribution one after the other.  Just cos.

Would quite like to see him destroy some jobber for no reason, then head backstage for a payoff from Ted DiBiase. Go out the way you came in.

Would quite like to see him destroy some jobber for no reason, then head backstage for a payoff from Ted DiBiase. Go out the way you came in.
Presumably with Brother Love by his side?