The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

• 2 weeks later...

I also loving the dynamic with Heyman, who with Lesnar was usually quite smug and chest puffed out walking about with Lesnar by his side. He's so subtly brilliant when he needs to be that you can see in his eyes now and then that he is a bit shocked and not comfortable with some of Reigns actions. 

Love it. Love what they've done and are doing with Reigns. They've finally unlocked this guy's potential. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Fairly enjoyable show that, nothing really jumping out as being bad, everything solid enough.  

Ladder match was fucking brutal.  Three guys going out to end their own careers for entertainment, and a fairly inventive ending too.  That fall Hardy took where he managed to take bumps off of most of the scenery and then get trapped inside a ladder looked utterly miserable to take.  Hats off to them.  Ambulance match was alright, but made McIntyre look a bit shit that there can be three people doing run-ins and he still only just wins.  Enjoyable enough though.

Reigns is just brilliant now.  He seems comfortable in what he's doing, rather than the forced gee whizz stuff they used to have him doing.  Would like to see him drop the Shield music so he can completely shed that side of things, but the change in gear is doing wonders when he stands there looking like a fucking adonis.  Ooft.  

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I also loving the dynamic with Heyman, who with Lesnar was usually quite smug and chest puffed out walking about with Lesnar by his side. He's so subtly brilliant when he needs to be that you can see in his eyes now and then that he is a bit shocked and not comfortable with some of Reigns actions. 

Love it. Love what they've done and are doing with Reigns. They've finally unlocked this guy's potential. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll be honest. Much as most folk have seen it twice and never want to again, I want to see this version of Roman vs Brock Lesnar. 

xI'm getting that too.  Gone are the longing, hungry looks at Brock, now he does look like he's a bit submissive to him at times.  I expect at some point we might see a split, and maybe - if they're wanting big Brock back - that's going to be the way they go.  Paul on a Pole match.

For me though I just can't see it happening.  I just can't see this version meshing with Lesnar that well.  When Lesnar can be arsed he can put on a great show, but I just can't see them putting on a WWE-style match where Lesnar is a "face" against heel Roman.  If they just went out and had 20 minutes of leathering f**k out of each other though, and Lesnar brings it, could be persuaded otherwise.