The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

For the first time in a while, I’m excited for this weeks wrestling.

Nxt
AEW
Summerslam (you’ll never see it coming....)

Don’t forget the Thunderdome chief.

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

It’s bad. 

It’s real bad.

Oh come on, I'm sure it can't be that b...

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It looks different, I'll give them that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef5bZvKWAAogFGJ?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef5qsaLWsAAmQUi?format=jpg&name=large

Woooooow...

Being serious though, I'll need to see how it works in practice.  It looks utterly dystopian, but will it be an improvement on what they have now?  The total empty arenas of Wrestlemania Era were utter dogshit, exposed as such when they started getting some noise with the performance center people involved.  Are the people in the crowd going to be "mic'd up" so to speak?  If so, be interesting to see what kind of atmosphere they can bring in.

Most interestingly, how are they going to stop "misbehaviour"?  Are we going to see Camera 76 getting cut off because they yelled something antisemitic, or started violently helicoptering?  

On the better side, are we going to see some creative fighting through the crowd spots?  I want to see "fans" getting fucking flung at people

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Most interestingly, how are they going to stop "misbehaviour"?  Are we going to see Camera 76 getting cut off because they yelled something antisemitic, or started violently helicoptering? 

I'm guessing to sign up you have to provide some form of ID for that to work.

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm guessing to sign up you have to provide some form of ID for that to work.

Yeah, I saw an FAQ WWE put out, and looks like they're going to be very, very careful about this stuff.  I expect that as soon as anyone pops up doing anything they shouldn't, they'll be immediately removed.  They're already laying the groundwork by rotating the people appearing around.

17 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, I saw an FAQ WWE put out, and looks like they're going to be very, very careful about this stuff.  I expect that as soon as anyone pops up doing anything they shouldn't, they'll be immediately removed.  They're already laying the groundwork by rotating the people appearing around.

I imagine once its up and running properly with the rotation and all the spaces filled, nothing will get noticed live. Its only after the show is done that someone will go trawling for twitter/reddit fodder.

It looks ridiculous but if it provides some atmosphere it will only be a good thing. Can't be worse than the training centre and at least they're trying to address the obvious issue. Fair fucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Vince reminding the independent contractors that he owns them:

Vince McMahon is attempting to crack down on WWE talent engaging with “outside third parties” giving those 30 days notice to halt usage.

Raj Giri of Wrestling INC reported the news stating that McMahon conveyed this message to talent last Sunday, and followed with a memo issued later in the week. In the report, Giri stated that it was relayed to the talent that the company owns both their character names and real ones. He added that talent was told this measure was necessary for WWE’s re-building process and assisting the company in entering its next growth period.

The site also published the following excerpt from the memo:

Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company. It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE’s discretion.

It was not specially defined what outlets were specifically outlined as “third parties” as many are actively involved with YouTube channels, Twitch streams, and Cameo among others.

POST Wrestling has sent a request to WWE to confirm this report and to elaborate on which outside third parties are directly being listed for talent to stop using.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Wonder what this is in direct response to. Only thing that jumps to mind is Lana shows up on Miro's (Rusev) podcast and Twitch regularly but then why wouldn't she?! 

Once again, McMahon is showing himself as a horrible, greedy old c**t. Telling 'independent contractors' - a term laughable in itself given the restrictions they work under - that he owns them not only professionally but personally too. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wonder what this is in direct response to. Only thing that jumps to mind is Lana shows up on Miro's (Rusev) podcast and Twitch regularly but then why wouldn't she?! 

Once again, McMahon is showing himself as a horrible, greedy old c**t. Telling 'independent contractors' - a term laughable in itself given the restrictions they work under - that he owns them not only professionally but personally too. 

Meltzer is saying it is in response to Lana flogging some grim looking energy drink on her Instagram.

She looks disgusted each time she sips it in this video :lol:

Guest bernardblack

Vince McMahon is attempting to crack down on WWE talent engaging with “outside third parties” giving those 30 days notice to halt usage.
Raj Giri of Wrestling INC reported the news stating that McMahon conveyed this message to talent last Sunday, and followed with a memo issued later in the week. In the report, Giri stated that it was relayed to the talent that the company owns both their character names and real ones. He added that talent was told this measure was necessary for WWE’s re-building process and assisting the company in entering its next growth period.
The site also published the following excerpt from the memo:

Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company. It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE’s discretion.

It was not specially defined what outlets were specifically outlined as “third parties” as many are actively involved with YouTube channels, Twitch streams, and Cameo among others.
POST Wrestling has sent a request to WWE to confirm this report and to elaborate on which outside third parties are directly being listed for talent to stop using.

See if this robs me of my weekly upupdowndown Uno video with #daparty

Conrad Thompson has said this will have zero impact on the Bruce Prichard podcast.

Might just be to stop people taking the piss like Lana is in the above video. She seems incredibly thick online and appears to be aiming for the teenage boy market any time I've came across her (Pun not intended).

There's a few that punt total shit on their social media, often Herbalife type crap, but I fail to see why WWE should care given that they've posted record profits during a pandemic.

Edited by DA Baracus