Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Odds on Balor being punted?

I'd say unlikely. But being an NXT guy now on probably main roster money, can't rule it out.

2 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

NXT cuts coming apparently. They won’t be informed till after tonight’s show.

I'd love them to stage a mass walkout and mess up the show, but they can't risk losing the severance pay. I imagine outwith Gargano, Ciampa, Balor or Cole, any of them could be released tonight.

All of 205 Live and NXT UK will be very fearful

Rusev was such a missed opportunity.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'd love them to stage a mass walkout and mess up the show, but they can't risk losing the severance pay. I imagine outwith Gargano, Ciampa, Balor or Cole, any of them could be released tonight.

Can't see dream, riddle or the UE getting punted

Guess we now know what was in Rowan's cage; his release.

Think of all the guys who looked in to the cage as well. It makes sense.

Just now, TheGoon said:

Rusev was such a missed opportunity.

Lana-WWE-Sexy-13-624x780.jpg

I don't feel too bad for him. 

He'll make it wherever he goes next, guy is a star. 

I can see 205 live being completely ripped apart.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Some rumours doing the rounds that even Andrade could be gone .Based on this from Charlotte.

He's the US champ. No chance. 

Seemingly some folk are getting punted only temporarily, i.e. the plan is apparently to re-hire them later once shit settles down.

They will really be taking the piss if Velasquez, Goldberg, Rousey and Gronk are keeping their huge contracts.

At least Gronk being retained is probably good news for Mojo, as he would almost certainly be released otherwise.

Seemingly some folk are getting punted only temporarily, i.e. the plan is apparently to re-hire them later once shit settles down.

Hope they all go elsewhere.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what happens when you build a bloated, unnecessary roster and give folk massive contracts to simply to prevent them going elsewhere. 

Lads like Gallows and Anderson will be cashing in big time. They both signed 5 year deals last year (as did Mike Bennett and Maria Kanelis), and they will have very nice golden handshakes out of this. 

I hope every one of the folk released coin it in in the long run. There is going to be a massive appetite for spectator events when this does end and these wrestlers will hopefully reap the benefits. 

WWE on the other hand, have a guaranteed contract with Fox worth billions of dollars that isn't going anywhere, they could have easily aided a lot of staff through this horrendous time. 

Vince McMahon truly is a dreadful piece of shit. He's done so much horrible stuff over the years and sounds like a horrendous human. 

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Some rumours doing the rounds that even Andrade could be gone .Based on this from Charlotte.

They won't release Andrade as it would upset Charlotte 🙄

Yeah that's reading way too much in to it, and actually a fairly stupid outcome to take away from it.

Like others she's just stating that she's upset some of her friends have been punted and is 'heartbroken' (clue is in the emoji) that so many folk are losing their jobs.