Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

Not only am I out of toilet roll, I'm out of kitchen roll and clean clothes completely now. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Not only am I out of toilet roll, I'm out of kitchen roll and clean clothes completely now. 

^^^Stinkyboz

9 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Happy days! The Revival released.

Just came in to post that. AEW straight away or NJPW for a stint first?

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Just came in to post that. AEW straight away or NJPW for a stint first?

I'd love them to go to NJPW. They are badly crying out for new teams. 

AEW roster is pretty large now with a lot of teams. However tag team wrestling gets significant time on their shows. Probably the best destination for them and if they're looking to get started relatively soon AEW are probably the company to facilitate that given everything that's going on.

I didn’t pay that much attention to them but I didn’t think they were as great as they thought, they seemed to be offered big contracts and title wins yet kept complaining?

I’m not a big fan. Enjoyed their stuff on the early NXT Takeovers years ago but have always considered them a bit overrated. A good pickup for either AEW or NJPW though, would love to see them against The Bucks. 

I didn’t pay that much attention to them but I didn’t think they were as great as they thought, they seemed to be offered big contracts and title wins yet kept complaining?

I dare say it'll come down to the thing you hear Moxley, Jericho, Hardy, and Brodie Lee saying, and that's having the space to be creative.  

I loved them on NXT but they were so wasted on the main shows.

They worked a dark match at London O2 the night The Fiend was officially unveiled, which I was at, and they were great (imho).

15 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:
^^^Stinkyboz

Not the first time he's been called that. The type of character that wipes back to front.

21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

^^^Stinkyboz

LIES. I regularly bird-bath.

WWE now plan on just going live with RAW, NXT & SD every week from the PC, apparently a call made by Vince himself. If there was ever a time for a wrestler’s union, it’s now.

WWE now plan on just going live with RAW, NXT & SD every week from the PC, apparently a call made by Vince himself. If there was ever a time for a wrestler’s union, it’s now.

I seen this and tbf to Vince the contracts with USA and Fox apparently dictate they have to get 46 LIVE shows per year and he probably doesn’t want to risk breaching that. Although you would think they would just be able to overlook that just now given even pre-recorded shows give them some sort of original content in the current climate.

Watching some matches from Mania 31.

First, what a Mania! Easily one of my favourites but I think it really stands up as one of the best.

Battle Royale is a lot of fun. JBL's 'Luis Suarez' call is great.

The burying of Sting on commentary and endless WCW references were pathetic. Great match though.

Lesnar vs Reigns is an underrated classic. The ending of course is an all time classic but before the cash in its a genuinely great match. Lesnar goes long and it's only later when he looks knackered and is sweating. These days he's pishing with sweat after 2 minutes. Probably his medical issues and probably is why his matches are so short and are all the same.

Edited by DA Baracus

First, what a Mania! Easily one of my favourites but I think it really stands up as one of the best.
The burying of Sting on commentary and endless WCW references were pathetic. Great match though.
Lesnar vs Reigns is an underrated classic. The ending of course is an all time classic but before the cash in its a genuinely great match. Lesnar goes long and it's only later when he looks knackered and is sweating. These days he's pishing with sweat after 2 minutes. Probably his medical issues and probably is why his matches are so short and are all the same.
Remember really enjoying Rollins Orton at the start of the show. The finish of that match was tremendous.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Remember really enjoying Rollins Orton at the start of the show. The finish of that match was tremendous.

Yup, good match and great finish.

One of the best mania’s ever for sure. Would’ve had Sting and Rusev go over though. Loved Rollins cash in.

3 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

So is Ronda Rousey setting up her return as a top heel or is she genuinely trying to burn every bridge with the WWE?

It’s a work, but they’ll surely not bring her back until they’re in front of crowds again, and that could be some while away. Long time to preserve heat.

Jim Cornette is a dinosaur. He's out of touch with everything and has become a glorified shock jock. No promotion will touch him anymore because hes a bigoted c**t.

He's got genuinely good opinions against wrestling but he's finished giving them. f**k him and f**k those who defend him.