The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Watching some matches from Mania 31.

First, what a Mania! Easily one of my favourites but I think it really stands up as one of the best.

Battle Royale is a lot of fun. JBL's 'Luis Suarez' call is great.

The burying of Sting on commentary and endless WCW references were pathetic. Great match though.

Lesnar vs Reigns is an underrated classic. The ending of course is an all time classic but before the cash in its a genuinely great match. Lesnar goes long and it's only later when he looks knackered and is sweating. These days he's pishing with sweat after 2 minutes. Probably his medical issues and probably is why his matches are so short and are all the same.

Edited by DA Baracus

First, what a Mania! Easily one of my favourites but I think it really stands up as one of the best.
The burying of Sting on commentary and endless WCW references were pathetic. Great match though.
Lesnar vs Reigns is an underrated classic. The ending of course is an all time classic but before the cash in its a genuinely great match. Lesnar goes long and it's only later when he looks knackered and is sweating. These days he's pishing with sweat after 2 minutes. Probably his medical issues and probably is why his matches are so short and are all the same.
Remember really enjoying Rollins Orton at the start of the show. The finish of that match was tremendous.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Remember really enjoying Rollins Orton at the start of the show. The finish of that match was tremendous.

Yup, good match and great finish.

One of the best mania’s ever for sure. Would’ve had Sting and Rusev go over though. Loved Rollins cash in.

3 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

So is Ronda Rousey setting up her return as a top heel or is she genuinely trying to burn every bridge with the WWE?

It’s a work, but they’ll surely not bring her back until they’re in front of crowds again, and that could be some while away. Long time to preserve heat.

Jim Cornette is a dinosaur. He's out of touch with everything and has become a glorified shock jock. No promotion will touch him anymore because hes a bigoted c**t.

He's got genuinely good opinions against wrestling but he's finished giving them. f**k him and f**k those who defend him. 

13 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Brings in the money? He's lost almost every job he has because of his views. 

Jim Cornette's podcast is probably the most successful podcast in terms of views.

Taking Youtube alone and the videos that were uploaded over the past 24 hours:

Jim Cornette views - 366,000

Jim Ross views - 12,500

Bruce Prichard - 10,000

Vince Russo - 255

I'd say Cornette's podcast is the second or third wrestling podcast out there behind Stone Cold's and Jericho's. That's some feat considering Austin is considered the most successful wrestler of all time and Chris Jericho is was a world champion less than a few months ago.

He also has 701 patrons paying $5 a month just for early access to his podcasts which brings in around $3505 dollars a month alone.

Combine that with his merchandise sales, the views and downloads he gets from his actual podcast hosting site and safe to say he's doing well out of his schtick.

ETA: His estimated worth (Take this with a huge pinch of salt admittedly) was around $5million dollars.

Edited by Speroni*1

54 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

The podcast point is fair. It's no excuse for being a bigot though. Just means there's more bigots. He's a despicable c**t. I really hope you're not making excuses for bigotry.

What are you talking about? Your response to me was about him not making money, now I'm making excuses for bigotry? Jeezo.

He's an American 'shock jock', he talks a lot of sense in regards to wrestling and he's a good listen. He's saying things to get a reaction and it works for him. That has nothing to do whether or not I like him as a person - but he is a compelling listen.

I watched the Brawl for All DSotR and really enjoyed it. None of the architects come out of it well. At all. I'll leave it there.
I also watched the Benoit episodes and found it difficult. Perhaps lockdown amplified that, but I felt pretty affected by it for a while after.

Snuka was a real piece of shit, even by the standards of the coked up madmen of the 1980s. It looks like Vince was pulling off dodgy deals with the law in 1983 as well as 2020.

You could tell in the documentary that even Snuka's widow knows he's guilty.

Dark Side of the Ring has been a great series. Looking forward to the future documentary about the mental WWE behaviour of Spring 2020 and also the death of the XFL 2.0

18 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Snuka was a real piece of shit, even by the standards of the coked up madmen of the 1980s. It looks like Vince was pulling off dodgy deals with the law in 1983 as well as 2020.

You could tell in the documentary that even Snuka's widow knows he's guilty.

Dark Side of the Ring has been a great series. Looking forward to the future documentary about the mental WWE behaviour of Spring 2020 and also the death of the XFL 2.0

The guys were on Jericho's podcast a few weeks ago. Really interesting show.

13 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

What are you talking about? Your response to me was about him not making money, now I'm making excuses for bigotry? Jeezo.

Don't worry about it mate, this is DomDom's schtick for on this forum. 90 something percent of the time he's a decent, knowlegable poster, the other times, he's a shrieking hysteric, who often picks an individual to rant at. Many of us have experienced it. Not long ago he lost his Shit at JamieStevenson and accused him of being a vile racist over the ACH incident. You're not being a bigot. You're making a solid point.

Edited by cb_diamond