The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

On 22/02/2020 at 02:11, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Will probably wait and get @Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth's cast-offs. 

I couldn't even get rid of that ticket for free. 

Now that Clyde are safely out the Scottish cup I can at least buy a ticket for this one with confidence that it wont get binned.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Also, just read some rumour-mongering that he deliberately violated the wellness policy to avoid a long haul flight to Saudi, and that he’s freaked out about coronavirus.

How exactly did he deliberately violate it?  I like to think he went to Connecticut and shot up in front of Vince "SEE VINCE, SEE?!"

Also, just read some rumour-mongering that he deliberately violated the wellness policy to avoid a long haul flight to Saudi, and that he’s freaked out about coronavirus.
Apparently those that aren't booked on the show are staying in the states incase they have travel issues again. So, I'm assuming he wouldn't have to go in the first place

I'd say, by the looks of it, it'll be a short term thing again. There's due to be a high number of women's matches at Mania so there's definitely room for Trish. And let's face it. Despite being a touch rusty, she was excellent last time out. She's welcome every time she turns up.

Completely random, but I really, really like the King of the Ring format. I absolutely detest how the winner gets a 'king' gimmick after every one. Back in its heyday, I viewed the KotR as one of the bigger PPV's.

Not an indication of quality - as I don't think an actual KotR match went over 5-10 minutes - but KotR 2000 nailed the format with quarter finals onward being on the PPV rather than a weak build up with just the final on the PPV.

Should be an easy way to build storylines around.  Bring it back and do it properly instead of the throwaway versions we've seen in recent times.

There was a live show in Dundee with the likes of Rey Mysterio, John Morrison & Carlito involved which was on TV which utilised the format well and built a nice easy storyline without a single promo needed.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Completely random, but I really, really like the King of the Ring format. I absolutely detest how the winner gets a 'king' gimmick after every one. Back in its heyday, I viewed the KotR as one of the bigger PPV's.

Not an indication of quality - as I don't think an actual KotR match went over 5-10 minutes - but KotR 2000 nailed the format with quarter finals onward being on the PPV rather than a weak build up with just the final on the PPV.

Should be an easy way to build storylines around.  Bring it back and do it properly instead of the throwaway versions we've seen in recent times.

There was a live show in Dundee with the likes of Rey Mysterio, John Morrison & Carlito involved which was on TV which utilised the format well and built a nice easy storyline without a single promo needed.

There was a couple of pretty long tournament matches on PPV. RVD/Jericho, Austin/Mero, Perfect/Hart, Bigelow/Hart come to mind. Most were around that time though.

I remember the Jericho/RVD one really well because Jericho got all upset that people weren't creaming themselves over it.

Found a picture of me sitting with the UK Undertaker (Rick Masters) from 1997. He still on the go? Did he make a decent living? Hard to find much on him on the internet.