The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

There's a lot more wrong with that apology than there was with anything he said before. I can appreciate his confidence in himself because he's fucking fantastic, but it's also waaayyyy more rooted in arrogance than confidence.

On the HHH point, I think he was just saying he didn't need HHH to get to NJPW. He got there off his own back. Which in itself is a fucking stupid point, because that's how he wound up in WWE as well.

If it's a NJ reference then it could be Gedo? f**k knows.

I think 205 Live being shit now has kinda helped the getting rid of WWE altogether. Wouldn't be easy if that show was still delivering the goods. AEW gives my Wednesday fix and there's so much there now that it's pretty easy to just dump what you want when it turns shit.

OTT will be getting my money this month.

• 2 weeks later...

About fucking time. Punk is a polarising character to everyone really. Bit of a Marmite type but there is no way he should have been lost to wrestling for as long as six years.

Even if he never sets foot in a ring again, he's still an asset to wrestling in general. He's an absolute character and too big a personality not to be involved somewhere. 

It’s good to have him back. As much as I’ve soured on him in recent years, he’s easily one of the biggest names of the last decade and an asset wherever he’s used. I wonder when he’ll want back in the ring.

On 13/11/2019 at 15:11, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Easy payday for him to pretend he cares about Shorty G and Callisto for a few minutes each week. Fair play to him.

I wouldn't expect him to praise the use of Shorty G as a name. Part of the reason he knocked back AEW's offer was because FOX were just gonna let him give his honest opinions, whereas AEW pretty much wanted to tie him to certain things.

FOX are paying less than what Khan offered btw.

As a general comment on wrestling, and this is true of every company, tope suicidas need to be cut out. They've massively overused and have just become a standard move you see in most matches when it should be a big spot sparingly done.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

As a general comment on wrestling, and this is true of every company, tope suicidas need to be cut out. They've massively overused and have just become a standard move you see in most matches when it should be a big spot sparingly done.

Yes! This! Also Canadian destroyers.