The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

CMLL have announced that Rush and Dragon Lee are finished with the promotion, Lee had already been removed from all their shows after working BOLA last weekend against CMLL's instructions and now his brother follows him in departing the company. Now the question is how long their deals with ROH have left as there is bound to be a bidding war for their services.

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

AEW bring out Swagger. NXT bring out Ciampa. The war is already over.  

Ciampa and Balor technically.  Safe to say WWE weren't going to let this slide.

The big thing for AEW won't be last night.  It won't even be the next couple of weeks, it's going to be in the coming months, when they've got to turn out unending weekly programming.  If WWE moved to having far less content, and like a 10 episode season or something, I think they'd produce much better.  But the constant assault of content, combined with them using largely the same guys, is always going to get tedious.  Interesting to see how both companies cope with that going forward.

Has there been any hint of AEW having its "Wrestlemania"?  If they're going for that model, I wonder when they'll pitch it.  WWE are probably strongest from Rumble to WM, but after that it usually falls off a cliff.

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

AEW bring out Swagger. NXT bring out Ciampa. The war is already over.  

Whilst Swagger is incredibly dull and shit and Ciampa is one of the best around, I feel it's a tad early to call it.

7 hours ago, forameus said:

Has there been any hint of AEW having its "Wrestlemania"?  If they're going for that model, I wonder when they'll pitch it.  WWE are probably strongest from Rumble to WM, but after that it usually falls off a cliff.

They'll be running Double or Nothing every Memorial Day weekend in Las Vegas and All Out every Labour day weekend. That's probably going to be the two biggest of the year for them.

They're only meant to be trying 4 big PPVs a year. So a November time (Full Gear this year) and February time PPV will probably be in the rotation.

Specials like Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen dotted throughout the year.