The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

Dearie me...

Screenshot_20190907-165423.png

Christ sake! I've heard lots of bad things about Josh Bodom, but the fact Sha was involved is a bit of a shocker as he always comes across really well and is a good fella when you speak to him in the flesh!

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Christ sake! I've heard lots of bad things about Josh Bodom, but the fact Sha was involved is a bit of a shocker as he always comes across really well and is a good fella when you speak to him in the flesh!

I think Sha was covering for the early finish by slamming the ref to padding while out of the ring. It was a wrestling move so I'm sure it was as protected as possible. But with the ref not expecting it, and you know gravity, it obviously shook up the ref.

Bodom on the other hand is meant to have then legit beat the ref.

Watching a free show on YouTube by MAKAI, looks like a bonkers mash of japanese theatre, sentai shows and wrestling. It was Hikaru Shida's main promotion.

I'd say given the seperate incidents, that sounds about right. One problem though.

Would this have happened had there not been footage on Twitter of the incident? I get the sense Rev Pro would have been happy for this to blow over and for people not to have seen what happened.

4 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

I'd say given the seperate incidents, that sounds about right. One problem though.

Would this have happened had there not been footage on Twitter of the incident? I get the sense Rev Pro would have been happy for this to blow over and for people not to have seen what happened.

I think they would have been happy to let it go. It was only the ref saying something on twitter that raised the issue a week after it had happened.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I say Boo urns to that pish. 205 is an absolute ray of light in the weekly WWE slog.

Yep. It's a gutter. It DOES open up potential cracking title matches but I'll now need NXT to be better than their usual weekly product to see them now.

21 hours ago, Warren Mears said:

Yep. It's a gutter. It DOES open up potential cracking title matches but I'll now need NXT to be better than their usual weekly product to see them now.

I think there are a few interesting possibilities for the new NXT live. They won't need to do that "top stars only once or twice a month" thing that set taping forces you into. The range of feuds is intriguing, with a tonne of righteously talented medium and smaller sized wrestlers.