Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

Nothing to rave about over the past week. I'm crying out for some great women's wrestling but have barely come across any. The Mizuki vs Nakajima match is probably my 2nd favourite women's match of the year so far.

Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) (c) vs. BULLET CLUB (El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori) - NJPW Kizuna Road 2019 - Tag 3. ****
Arisa Hoshiki (c) vs Tam Nakano - Stardom Shining Destiny 2019. ***1/2
Yuka Sakazaki vs Miu Watanabe - TJP Tokyo Princess Cup 2019 - Tag 4. ***
Mizuki vs Shoko Nakajima - TJP Tokyo Princess Cup 2019 - Tag 4. ***3/4

Plenty to come this week though. I'll be watching the recommended matches from Stomping Grounds, the title matches NJPW are showing, some of ROH Best in the World & Fyter Fest as well.

Wait...the McMahons actually watch TV at that angle?!

Thought that was just a backstage trope when they made wrestlers do that....

88F8122D-E86B-4FB0-BB5D-3C6FB3839074.png

Predictably ZSJ retains on the Kizuna Road show, nothing worth seeking out on here, standard house stuff 

I see Will Ospreay and Seth Rollins have got "beef" on Twitter that has drawn in other wrestlers, and predictably thousands of fan voices.  Am I the only one completely unmoved by one wrestler, likely posting largely in character comments on another wrestler, also likely posting largely in character?  Looks like Meltzer and Wade Keller are jumping in too.  

Although I learned that Ospreay is "a rape apologist".  Which was nice.

Heyman and Bischoff have been appointed executive directors of Raw and Smackdown respectively.

Will it make a difference?

Heyman and Bischoff have been appointed executive directors of Raw and Smackdown respectively.

Will it make a difference?

If they’re actually allowed to make creative decisions and influences then yes.

This just shows that they obviously see AEW as a threat and know that their product is outdated. They have amazing talent but just need to show it in the ring. Not a 20 minute scripted promo. Maybe Heyman will try and reduce scripted promos because there is no better person in the wrestling industry who does a better promo than him. Bischoff in charge is interesting and a little shocking but if it’s the WCW Bischoff then we’re in a for a treat. Big moves by WWE.

Only bad thing is no matter who is in charge everything has to go through Vince.

Kinda goes in line with Vince apparently not having much trust in his own decision making anymore. So I think they'll have the chance to basically run the ship. I'm more intrigued than optimistic, and people are reading too much into reporting to Vince, given that absolutely everyone in WWE reports to him.

Let’s be honest, it all goes through Vince and they’ll both lose the tag at that and be gone within 6mths

*rag not tag. Please neither of them in a tag match!

Conrad Thompson won't be happy.

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Why was HHH totally bypassed? 

They've always said that once Vince passes, the role he occupied will be taken on by 6-7 people. Triple H has loads going on with being the 'Vince' of NXT, an occasional performer and still the COO.