Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

I'm doing the Fierce Females show. A Sunday is helpful to me so I'm game. I don't know the product enough to shell out on the on demand but a good show there will sell me on it.

Gisele Shaw had a weird performance at Fight Club Pro in April. Started botchy and then ended up turning in one of the best performances of the weekend. I'm interested to see if that level of inconsistency is a thing.

Oh, DTTI night 3 is on the Fight Club Pro Unlimited service. The LAX/Lucha Bros sprint and four way for the title are well worth seeing. 

As expected the Shingo vs Ishimori Block A decider can be filed under "must see"
Loved it. Dragon Lee vs Scurll was pretty good as well.

Haven’t listened much to JR’s podcast with Conrad, but the Owen episode from last week is worth a listen. Difficult at times, you can tell how much it affected him, but it’s interesting yo get his account of the night.

I'm enjoying the new format with Jr and Conrad. A lot less "youngsters should slow down" and all that repetitive stuff.

It's been a good weekend of wrestling for me.

Dragon Lee vs Marty Scurll - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 13. ****
Shingo Takagai vs Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 13. ****1/2
Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong - NXT Takeover: XXV. ****1/4
Street Profits vs Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs The Undisputed Era vs The Forgotten Sons - NXT Takeover: XXV. ****1/2
Velveteen Dream vs Tyler Breeze - NXT Takeover: XXV. ***3/4
Shayna Baszler vs Io Shirai -  NXT Takeover: XXV. ***1/4
Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano -  NXT Takeover: XXV. *****
Virus vs Metalico (loser must retire) - CMLL Juicio Final 2019. ***1/2

Last set of BOSJ Block B matches tomorrow, finals night of Wednesday and Super ShowDown on Friday will be my viewing throughout the week. Should be some great matches coming out of those shows, maybe not from the Saudi show but you never know.

Listened to Moxley's 2nd Podcast today with PW Torch - they are careful not to tread old ground they spoke about with Jericho and it gives further insight into where he is.

He's definitely an interesting guy and his chat about Lesnar's match with him at Mania is a shame as they could have done so much if any party other than Ambrose just showed a bit of interest rather than calling it in.

Not interested in Moxley talking anymore. Time for action.

Wednesday we have:

Juice Robinson (C) vs Jon Moxley for the IWGP US HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White.

Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay in the final of BOSJ 26. 

Probably add a load of tag matches featuring the rest of the guys from BOSJ as well but that final will be filthy.

Tough one. Undefeated Shingo really should win. However there's no chance that he's a junior and NJPW are obsessed with Ospreay. 

AJPW Junior Heavyweight holder Atushi Aoki has died aged 41 in a motorcycle accident in Chiyoda, Tokyo. Aoki held the AJPW junior heavyweight title 4 times & the All Asia tag team championship 3 teams. Outwith AJPW he won the AAA world tag team championship once & the GHC junior heavyweight tag team championship once in NOAH.

Genuinely one of the most underrated wrestlers of the modern era. Was always in positions where he was overshadowed. Brilliant wrestler though. 

On 03/06/2019 at 19:58, JamieStevenson said:

Tough one. Undefeated Shingo really should win. However there's no chance that he's a junior and NJPW are obsessed with Ospreay. 

Shingo is gonna win, win the belt, and lose the belt to SHO at the Dome.

37 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Shingo is gonna win, win the belt, and lose the belt to SHO at the Dome.

I'd be very happy with that. I'm looking forward to the show tomorrow. Not sure if I'll watch all of it given the majority of the show is just thrown together tag matches but a few of them look fun.

Got that spectacularly wrong and I daresay so did NJ. SHO should have been the one to topple Shingo. Canny complain about a match that good.

Amazing, amazing amazing!

Past couple of shows I've taken in these matches:

Will Ospreay vs Ryusuke Taguchi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 14. ****1/4
Jay White vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15. ****1/4
Jon Moxley vs Juice Robinson - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15. ****1/2
Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15. *****3/4

Sunday gives us Dominion and the main matches will be well worth your time.

Taichi (C) vs Tomohiro Ishii for the NEVER Openweight Championship.

The Guerrillas of Destiny (C) vs EVIL & SANADA for the IWGP Tag Team Championship.

Dragon Lee (C) vs Will Ospreay for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship.

Kota Ibushi (C) vs Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship.

Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Chris Jericho for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Edited by JamieStevenson

Just seen they've added Moxley in the curtain jerker. I don't think I've ever seen his opponent before, I'd imagine it won't last long.

D8W2apKXsAAeV1m.jpg

The BOSJ finale is one of the best matches I’ve ever seen. I could watch those two all day.

Becky Lynch absolutely destroying edge on twitter just now to the point of feeling slightly sorry for him. Utter massacre.