Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

There was a match right after that one between Shingo and Dragon Lee. Didn't QUITE match what came on before, but a fucking good match all the same.

If you like a good underdog story with the veteran trying to make one last push, El Phantasmo vs. Rocky Romero on Night 9 is well worth a look. Terrific match and one of the best of Phantasmo's career.

EDIT: Apparently Robbie Eagles vs. Will Ospreay from Night 10 is really good. Not seen it yet, but I have no doubt that it's correct.

Edited by Principal Flutie

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

EDIT: Apparently Robbie Eagles vs. Will Ospreay from Night 10 is really good. Not seen it yet, but I have no doubt that it's correct.

It's fantastic. What a great little shit Robbie is.

Oh f**k he's coming to the BOSJ finals night. Looks like he's going after Juice Robinson (a guy I don't particularly enjoy watching).

Edited by JamieStevenson

Can we safely assume that TNA/Impact whatever it's called these days, is dead?

On 26/05/2019 at 22:15, TheGoon said:

Finally caught that Osprey/Bandido match. Superb. 

Any recommendations on what else to catch from BOSJ would be greatly appreciated.

Add Dragon Lee vs Titan from night 9 to your watch list as well as those already mentioned

Just caught night 10, nothing I’d go out of your way to see there tbh. Coming out of Korakuen and back into the conference centres really takes the edge off! 

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Just caught night 10, nothing I’d go out of your way to see there tbh. Coming out of Korakuen and back into the conference centres really takes the edge off! 

So Eagles/Ospreay wasn't as good as people were saying?

Agreed on Titan/Lee. As a spot-fest lover, canny believe I never mentioned that since they totally went down the "let's just do big spots" route.

4 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

So Eagles/Ospreay wasn't as good as people were saying?

Agreed on Titan/Lee. As a spot-fest lover, canny believe I never mentioned that since they totally went down the "let's just do big spots" route.

It was fine enough but overbooked and overlong. I’d probably only have went about *** on it.

If you absolutely must then catch Ishimori vs Sho and Kanemaru vs Gresham which probably both come in at about ***1/2,  but really this one can be skipped 

Edited by Christophe

Disagree with the above but each to their own.

I've got a small list of matches that I've been looking to watch so I'm going to work my way through some of those now.

Watched the following matches over the past day or two. From now on I think I'm going to cut down my WWE programming and just hand pick matches that I like the look of or have heard good things about from other cards throughout the week.

Will Ospreay vs Robbie Eagles - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 10. ****1/4
Shoko Nakajima vs Miyu Yamashita - TJP Yes! Wonderland 2019 ~ Opportunity Is There ~ ***1/2
Shingo Takagai vs Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 8. ****3/4
Rocky Romero vs El Phantasmo - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 9. ****1/2
Mistico vs El Barbaro Cavernario (2 out of 3 falls) - CMLL Super Viernes. ***3/4

Jon Moxley on Talk is Jericho is great. 90 minutes of him burying Vince/the writing team. Well worth a listen.

Jon Moxley on Talk is Jericho is great. 90 minutes of him burying Vince/the writing team. Well worth a listen.

I can’t wait to hear this. Is it as good as its being hyped?

34 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I can’t wait to hear this. Is it as good as its being hyped?

I really enjoyed it. He’s really honest and upfront and Jericho just lets him talk.

Really good shoot. Some insight into the kooky hokey crap that he was portraying. 

He pretty much fought against it from day one playing the goof. Said he made one mistake of showing he had a bit of natural comic timing with the odd one liner and Vince loved it, jumped on it and turned him into a slapstick comedy act. 

He basically confirmed what fans the world over know in that Vince is miles out of touch, overproduces (40 minutes filming some pre-taped skits or promos that should take 2-3 minutes), micromanages and stifles any creativity that doesn't come from his old, decrepit mind. 

I really wouldn't fancy being Renee Young in work tomorrow, given she's milling about in the background listening to him absolutely slaughter Vince and WWE (Y2J says hello to her as she presumably walks through their kitchen where they are recording) and we know how fucking petty they can be. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Finally got to listen to it and he comes across as a really switched on, passionate guy who loves wrestling and just wants to improve and realised he couldn’t do that working for Vince.

Jericho saying hello to Renee was a bit odd though. Hopefully she doesn’t get punished for all this

Watched these over the past couple of nights, good stuff.

Shingo Takagi vs Jonathan Gresham - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 10. ***1/4
Moustache Mountain vs Besties In The World - OTT Live In Belfast: Banjaxed. ****1/2
Kagetsu vs Bea Priestley - Stardom: Golden Week Stars Tag 2. ***1/4
YOH vs Ren Narita - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***1/4
Bandido vs Robbie Eagles - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***1/2
BUSHI vs Rocky Romero - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***
Will Ospreay vs DOUKI - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***3/4
Ryusuke Taguchi vs El Phantasmo - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***1/2

I'm looking forward to Dragon Lee vs Marty Scurll and also Shingo Takagi vs Taiji Ishimori in the morning, with the winner of the latter advancing to the BOSJ finals. We also have NXT Takeover on Saturday as well which will be great as usual. Any other shows or matches on over the weekend that would be of interest?

Would highly recommend going along to a Fierce Females show at The Shed in Glasgow if you haven't been before. I've been along to the last couple of shows and they're great fun with a real mixed roster of Scottish, Irish and international talent in terms of experience and wrestling style. 

Their next show is Sunday 23rd June and the card so far is - 

Hardcore match for the Fierce Females Internet Championship - Debbie Keitel (c) v Jokey (these two had a really fun hardcore style match two shows ago) 

'I Do' Match (Winner gets a title shot loser gets fired) Sammie Jo v Emily Hayden 

Lana Austin v Gisele Shaw 

Angel Hayze v Kanji 

Plus there will be more matches added too. 

They've also got Natsuki Taiyo, Nanae Takahashi and a few other talents from SEAdLINNNG coming over to conduct seminars at the end of August so I'd imagine they'll all be wrestling on their Sunday 1st September show. 

Fierce Females have their most recent shows on, on demand too that I'd recommend checking out. 

As expected the Shingo vs Ishimori Block A decider can be filed under "must see"