The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Watched the video there, genuinely appalling how long they left him. What was that referee thinking!? 

It's quite atrocious, no x up or anything. Clear as a bell he was at least unconscious when Juvi tried to turn him. To continue and then to not get help is sickening.

Incredibly clueless to what was going on. I've actually got sympathy for people in that situation. Ashton Smith tweeted that referees need to be trained in first aid. To be fair, referees in the big UK promotions ARE. Didn't recognize the guy in the video. I have to assume there was people who could have been more use in that position.

13 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Ya know, a wee 2 minute fest in the style of Mania's Goldberg/Lesnar match would be great entertainment probably. Certainly better than the last couple of Taker matches down there.

I think the Lesnar/Goldberg match worked so well as a sprint because of the explosive energy they could both bring.  Goldberg is still capable of that in short bursts even at his age, and Lesnar is a genetic fucking freak.  I'm not sure I could see a scenario where a short match like that would be any good with Big Marky Spooky Bones involved.

Having said that, I'll take a plodding two minute imitation of the WM match you mention over a 30 minute drudge.

I'm pretty sure anyone is capable of that over that short a period. Certainly, Taker looked better than he has for Yonks in his last Mania match, purely because he didn't have to do much. I see no reason why something like that couldn't work.

18 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

100k fine for big Lars. How much is bloody making if they can take that from him :lol:.

I would imagine the actual fine he received would be substantially smaller, if indeed anything at all.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I would imagine the actual fine he received would be substantially smaller, if indeed anything at all.

Everyone playing it off as real for a change. To be fair, he'll probably just make that straight back after he wins the 50 man battle royal in Saudi.

100k fine for big Lars. How much is bloody making if they can take that from him :lol:.

I heard a Batista interview on the Jericho podcast a couple of years ago that said when Batista, Y2J and the third man in their triple threat all got colour against company policy at the time old VKM blew a gasket and fined them $100,000 each.

Jericho was quick to point out that Batista paid the fine for all 3 as it was his idea to get colour.

22 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Any of Best of the Super Juniors worth watching so far? I've got a free night so willing to catch up on great matches.

Shingo vs Sho and Ishimori vs Dragon Lee from night 1 and Taguchi vs Yoh from night 2 are the must sees so far. Will catch Night 3 later so will advise further...

Edited by Christophe