Mo Wonderboy

The Wrestling Thread

Any chance this is a WWE thing?

I just don’t understand them giving him such a big send off and a win if they knew he was going elsewhere

Cody Rhodes promo from this week is so, so good. Also, the second part of the Roman Reigns Chronicle on the Network is a terrific watch as well.

11 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Any chance this is a WWE thing?

I just don’t understand them giving him such a big send off and a win if they knew he was going elsewhere

I had a feeling that they might try a Loose Cannon type thing with him. Like when WCW let Brian Pillman go to ECW and then WWE snapped him up and ruined it for them. Ambrose/Moxley is the sort of guy who could make that work.

That said, if he goes to AEW, then you can rule that out right off the bat.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Venue - nightmare 

Host - bit of a dick

Me - bit of a dick

Mick Foley - World Class

Venue - bit out the way but decent enough

Host - Thought Kenny spoke way less than usual.  More just pointers for the Micker rather than just straight questions.

Me - If you were one of the wallopers constantly shouting and trying to get yourself over, have a word

Mick Foley - good guy

Had to chuckle at Taker's answer to Kenny when asked about Goldust copping a feel in the ring.

Haha I never said a word. c***s like that are why I dont follow ICW. I just feel like when I'm slating somebody else I need to provide a balanced critique. 

Nah he was quite good really.  I just got the hump about his comments about king Kong Bundy. Guys barely cold and he's up on a stage tearing into him. 

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

That Crockett Cup main event was terrific. Most I think I’ve ever enjoyed an Aldis match. Respect to him for the colour as well.

Chris Jericho is challenging Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP title in June. This might well mean that there could be links between NJPW and AEW. Which in turn could open the door for ROH links too.

£14.95 is tempting enough. Could be a pretty big deal if they can get their weekly shows on ITV as well.

I'd say this shows that ITV are going to show more in the future. Might mean WWE give a f**k about NXT UK again too with a weekly show potentially on free to air TV here. 

Also probably means WOS is fucked.

28 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'd say this shows that ITV are going to show more in the future. Might mean WWE give a f**k about NXT UK again too with a weekly show potentially on free to air TV here. 

Would be a shame that and I'm pretty sure they've only just got themselves a US tv deal.

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

Not necessarily. There was that moment when WOS was going to be run by Global Force Wrestling aka the failed TNA/Impact rebrand.

AEW also has links with other promotions. So WOS could be ITV1 taped family friendly fodder with AEW supporting the infrastructure and AEW tucked away on ITV4 for the adults. Gives the likes of Kip Sabian something to do as AEW probably won't have house shows anytime soon.

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not necessarily. There was that moment when WOS was going to be run by Global Force Wrestling aka the failed TNA/Impact rebrand.

AEW also has links with other promotions. So WOS could be ITV1 taped family friendly fodder with AEW supporting the infrastructure and AEW tucked away on ITV4 for the adults. Gives the likes of Kip Sabian something to do as AEW probably won't have house shows anytime soon.

Fair point.

34 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Fair point.

Someone withhin ITV still has it on their docket, as they're still doing international rights deals on the same 10 episodes they did last year.

AEW supposedly has an August show in London. Maybe there's some joint venture where AEW has their big show, but some of the talent flown in gets used for a second set of tapings of WOS Wrestling.

That's me caught up on all of the released Dark Side of the Ring episodes. Fascinating stuff. I'd honestly never heard of Gino Hernandez so it's always good learn something new.