The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Van Dam's joined TNA on a short-term deal, as he wants to see how they'll use him, and in what direction the product will go, before signing a contract. Debuts Monday. :D

Dreamer headed over, too. ECW stable, perhaps?

For f**k sake. Can we not get rid of that guy ? :(

Drunken Kevin is about to come out with a rash statement.

MONTREAL WAS A WORK!!!

I may (or may not) attempt to explain this conclusion later but I just think now. That interview on Raw there. Just sounds like the 3 of them have been concocting this for a while now.

If it wasnt scripted right at the start it sure as f**k has been for the last several years.

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

It sounds like he'll mainly be working backstage. I'd be cool with seeing him confront Raven as part of the Abyss/Foley/Stevie angle, though.

Foley is finished hanging around with the jobbing gang, he's moved on to getting humiliated by a 50 year old man who can't even walk to the ring properly.

TNA has some great young talent but now they seem to be turning to the old timers which is a shame as the company will ulitmately fail with too many large ego's.

Ahh the Human Oddities

I have that album :ph34r: .

MONTREAL WAS A WORK!!!

I may (or may not) attempt to explain this conclusion later but I just think now. That interview on Raw there. Just sounds like the 3 of them have been concocting this for a while now.

If it wasnt scripted right at the start it sure as f**k has been for the last several years.

Whit? :lol:

EDIT: "Dr.Death" Steve Williams has lost hisbattle with cancer

RIP

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

got tickets to the smackdown/ecw wrestlemania revenge tour at braehead next year cant wait :D

Just noticed this! :D

Me and my mate were considering going although we weren't sure whether Raw or Smackdown/ECW would be the better one to go too. Does anyone have any experience of either and which is better?, also i noticed that both shows are on April 9th and 10th, will this be after the new draft or will the rosters be the same?

MONTREAL WAS A WORK!!!

Vince McMahon has manipulated the Montreal incident incredibly well since it happened. Mick Foley didn't like the "Bret Screwed Bret" stuff but says that he realises that Vince only did it to further his own storylines rather than believing it himself.

That promo on Monday night was kind of what I was expecting. They have a ready made storyline for them to use. So why not use it ?

TNA has some great young talent but now they seem to be turning to the old timers which is a shame as the company will ulitmately fail with too many large ego's.

That's unfair. Now more than any other time, TNA do seem to be willing to give other people a shot. World Elite are a good faction with all new faces, AJ Styles, Daniels and Samoa Joe have headlined the last couple of PPVs. Desmond Wolfe has come in and made an instant impact and there are other faces that TNA seem to like pushing. Hogan has admitted that there are big things ahead for Styles and Joe too, but won't be beyong bringing in guys like RVD who will help bring the profile of TNA up.

Just noticed this! :D

Me and my mate were considering going although we weren't sure whether Raw or Smackdown/ECW would be the better one to go too. Does anyone have any experience of either and which is better?, also i noticed that both shows are on April 9th and 10th, will this be after the new draft or will the rosters be the same?

It just depends on the rosters and favourite superstars really, id have loved the raw tour but i got the smackdown/ecw tickets from mum and dad as a christmas present so cant really complain. I hope dx do both nights though with being unified tag champs.

Edited by number one wasp

There is a story going around the WWE locker room about Sheamus, Ted DiBiase and Yoshi Tatsu, who were all three roommates at one time in Tampa, Florida.

The story goes that Sheamus played "big dog" in the apartment and pissed his roommates off because he allegedly would use their protein shakers and not clean them. Ted and Yoshi confronted him at the same time once. Sheamus got mad and threw Tatsu's shaker at him but Yoshi caught it. Sheamus then called out Tatsu but Yoshi ended up beating Sheamus pretty bad. Yoshi is said to be very good with his hands and has boxed and gone through the New Japan dojo.

When asked if the story was true, Tatsu would only say, "I just wanted to teach Sheamus a lesson in respect. Don't mess with other peoples stuff." There was hope within WWE that the story would make its way to Vince McMahon, who has always had the mindset that he doesn't want people to think one of his World Champions lost a real fight.

:lol::lol::lol:

There is a story going around the WWE locker room about Sheamus, Ted DiBiase and Yoshi Tatsu, who were all three roommates at one time in Tampa, Florida.

The story goes that Sheamus played "big dog" in the apartment and pissed his roommates off because he allegedly would use their protein shakers and not clean them. Ted and Yoshi confronted him at the same time once. Sheamus got mad and threw Tatsu's shaker at him but Yoshi caught it. Sheamus then called out Tatsu but Yoshi ended up beating Sheamus pretty bad. Yoshi is said to be very good with his hands and has boxed and gone through the New Japan dojo.

When asked if the story was true, Tatsu would only say, "I just wanted to teach Sheamus a lesson in respect. Don't mess with other peoples stuff." There was hope within WWE that the story would make its way to Vince McMahon, who has always had the mindset that he doesn't want people to think one of his World Champions lost a real fight.

:lol::lol::lol:

Those crazy fuckers will fight over anything... :rolleyes::lol:

That's unfair. Now more than any other time, TNA do seem to be willing to give other people a shot. World Elite are a good faction with all new faces, AJ Styles, Daniels and Samoa Joe have headlined the last couple of PPVs. Desmond Wolfe has come in and made an instant impact and there are other faces that TNA seem to like pushing. Hogan has admitted that there are big things ahead for Styles and Joe too, but won't be beyong bringing in guys like RVD who will help bring the profile of TNA up.

I was actually refering to the future, i wouldn't trust Hogan at all...he was one of the main culprits for how WCW ended up. Also if the likes of Ric Flair, Tommy Dreamer and Scott Hall (who is nothing more than a drunk) end up in TNA then it's just jobs for the boys meaning more time for them and less time for the younger stars. Hopefully he sticks to his word and the future stars keep getting pushed but i wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it.

-------------------

Anyway that's the tickets booked for my mate and i for the Smackdown/ECW show in April! :D Really looking forward to it, going to be great to see the likes of Jericho, Christian, Mysterio and possibly Edge in action.

I was actually refering to the future, i wouldn't trust Hogan at all...he was one of the main culprits for how WCW ended up. Also if the likes of Ric Flair, Tommy Dreamer and Scott Hall (who is nothing more than a drunk) end up in TNA then it's just jobs for the boys meaning more time for them and less time for the younger stars. Hopefully he sticks to his word and the future stars keep getting pushed but i wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it.

Even if it's not Styles, there'll be TNA originals getting pushed. His latest interview said that he wants people like AJ Styles to turn the heads of people walking past like they'd do with a big star. I think he recognizes one of the main problems with TNA.

The reason for the old guys coming in is that Hogan wants some real shock TV to make people want to watch, which is fair enough.

Been going through the non-major PPVs of 2001 after getting them for Christmas - Earl Hebner vs Nick Patrick at Invasion has to be the worst PPV bout of the decade. Clearly they're not trained athletes, let alone wrestlers, but everything about that match was horrific.

Been going through the non-major PPVs of 2001 after getting them for Christmas - Earl Hebner vs Nick Patrick at Invasion has to be the worst PPV bout of the decade. Clearly they're not trained athletes, let alone wrestlers, but everything about that match was horrific.

I'm willing to give them a reprieve thanks to them not being wrestlers and also the match was reasonably short.

I won't be giving the same treatment to Goldberg vs. Brock, HHH vs. Steiner or HHH vs. Taker from King of the Ring 2002.

I'm willing to give them a reprieve thanks to them not being wrestlers and also the match was reasonably short.

I won't be giving the same treatment to Goldberg vs. Brock, HHH vs. Steiner or HHH vs. Taker from King of the Ring 2002.

Haven't see KOTR 2002 so can't comment on that much but, you're right, the other two were awful, awful matches - particularly given the 'calibre' of wrestler involved.

Why is it only women that wrestle in TNA?

They do seem to be putting a lot of focus on the ladies in TNA just now. The only matches announced for their January 4th show are Knockout matches which pretty much sums up that bush league promotion.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.