The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I don't regret buying this PPV at least. Orton-Kofi was good. Christian/Shelton wasn't what I expected but I still liked it.

Sheamus :lol: I have no idea what the WWE are thinking. Are we getting something like Austin/Kane 98? Can't complain that the WWE is always predictable, anyway.

Makes me sad to see Taker as he is though. He's obviously injured. When's he is at his best, there are few better, which makes it worse when he struggles around the ring like he was struggling tonight. Hopefully he can get himself into a good shape for 'Mania.

Christian vs Shelton

A bit sloppy at times but still enjoyable. Probably match of the night for me still.

John Morrison vs Drew McIntyre

Not Morrisons best outing but probably the best I've seen Big Drew since he has been called up. Delighted for the big man.

Some shite womans match

John Cena vs Sheamus

I was just starting to grow into the match......just as it ended. Still not sure what went on for the finish as it was all a bit confusing to end it so suddenly. I suppose I was too busy celebrating the Sheamus win :lol: . Not what I expected, but the unpredictability is awesome.

Undertaker vs Batista

Wasn't really bothered about this one. The ending was so fucked up that I lost interest.

Randy Orton vs Kofi Kingston

I actually really enjoyed this one. Orton has done a pretty good job of making Kofi look like a superstar. I can see this feud ending now and if Sheamus looses the title fairly soon, I could see Kofi feuding with him.

DX vs Jerishow

Enjoyable. I was expecting more from this one but I still found it pretty decent. Also, Jerichos failed table bump looked fucking painful :lol: . I'd say the outcome was slightly obvious though.

Not as good as other recent PPV's but I still enjoyed it if only for the inpredictability of Mcintyre and Sheamus picking up their first pieces of gold.

I really am terrible at predictions, i only got two right! :lol:

It was great that Shelton and Christian got to open the PPV and they certainly did steal the show. Excellent back and forth action with a bit of blood too, Christian frog-splashing Shelton through the ladder was an excellent spot. I like Christian although i was disappointed Shelton didn't take the belt nevertheless a great match to kick off the event.

Drew McIntyre defeating John Morrison was quite a shock although the match wasn't great viewing, hopefully McIntyre will be more interesting with the belt than the characterless and boring Morrison.

As shocking as it was, i don't think Sheamus was meant to defeat Cena. I reckon Sheamus was meant to fall backwards and through the table outside the ring at the same time Cena fell through the table. So much for Cena "cashing in his rematch" on the same night if he had lost, surely Cena will take back the title on Raw. Although the WWE could do a triple threat match between Sheamus/Cena/Orton at the Royal Rumble.

Batista vs Undertaker was stupid. Firstly a low blow and one chair shot defeating Undertaker for the 1-2-3? Yet then Teddy Long comes out and restarts the match for a low blow, why? McIntyre cheated and Long didn't come out so what is the difference? :huh:

Orton vs Kofi was enjoyable, Orton made Kofi look good and picked up the expected win.

DX defeating Jerishow...well i never! :rolleyes: Jericho was meant to fall through the table and ended up taking a painful bump, hope he's alright. At least Jericho can kick on now and fight his way back up the ladder in challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Christian © vs. Shelton Benjamin - ECW Championship

This kinda reminded me of the Eddie/Rey match at Summerslam 2005. They couldn't do anything right, whether it be pure bad luck or botched spots, nothing was going right, but they were given the time to rectify the problems and what they did was put out a really good match, if not quite the amazing match that I was expecting. Loved the cool Clothesline spot that Shelton pulled off falling from the ladder. ***3/4

John Morrison © vs. Drew McIntyre - WWE Intercontinental Championship

This was pure formula Morrison stuff, which is pretty good, but Drew needs a moveset and fast. He does the whole aggression thing well and it thankfully lasted well for a wee bit of time too. This was a really good match, as you get when Morrison is on his A game but I reckon WWE should trust the newcomers more. ***1/2

Michelle McCool © vs. Mickie James - Canny Remember

I'll give them points for effort. McCool at least has some character in her when she's in the ring but she's so bland when it comes to the actual wrestling that it sort of nulifies it. **

John Cena © vs. Sheamus - WWE Championship

Sheamus at least showed me that he can go with a top tier guy, so I won't begrudge him this one. Plus, his celebration at the end was intensity. I don't think I've ever seen anyone celebrate a title win with so much anger. The match itself was absolutely fine as they decided to play it safe, even if it seemed to be a bit too rehearsed at points. Another solid match on this PPV though. ***

The Undertaker © vs. Batista - World Heavyweight Championship

Was sort of like a mini version of all of the good matches they've had, except they have added chairs this time. I don't mind that. Better the devil you know and all that jazz. It had the drama and the big moves and good use of the gimmick, but it just felt kinda empty at times. Consistancy is the key on this show. ***

Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston

I don't know about anyone else, but this was the clear match of the night. Some quality selling of the ribs from Kofi Kingston, including AMAZING selling off the Cross Body that he done off the top, staying on for the pin but going nuts with agony. Randy Orton was at his best cocky self and both guys just went out and stole the show. Yuss. ****1/4

Jerishow © vs. DX - Unified Tag Team Championships

I might not be alone in my opinion of the above match, but I will be here. What a lot of overlong shite. I obviously didn't expect high octane high risk stuff from this but I did expect them to treat this like a war in the way that they did with Legacy and DX. They couldn't get anything right here though. I thought this was horrible. *

OVERALL

For the most part, I liked this PPV. Most of the stuff was over 3* basically continuing the trend of 2009 PPVs in WWE. Consistant and fun, and occaisionally a really good standout match.

DX defeating Jerishow...well i never! :rolleyes: Jericho was meant to fall through the table and ended up taking a painful bump, hope he's alright. At least Jericho can kick on now and fight his way back up the ladder in challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship.[/font]

Agree with that - in fact, I reckon he'll win the Royal Rumble when it comes around.

Really enjoyed it last night :)

Really pleased that Big Drew won as he is from Ayr 15 miles from where i stay :)

Cena v Shemus was a real shock and a decent match :)

Undetaker V Batista ! What was that all about ? Dissapointed with it to be honest

Glad about the result of Orton V Kingston as Orton is my fav wrestler hopefully that will end their feud

DX V Jerishow hate both of the tag teams so was not really bothered about the result hopefully legacy can go and win the title back

Sadly missed Christian V Shelton Benjam in but heard it was a really good fight

My Fav fight of the night was The one and only Michelle McCool V Mickie James Glad of the result as MIchelle McCool as she is amazingly hot mind you so if Mickie James

Even though my predictions are terrible here's who i'm backing at the Slammy awards tonight,

Superstar Of The Year

- CM Punk (well it should be)

Diva Of The Year

- Michelle McCool

Extreme Moment Of The Year

- Kofi Kingston boomdrop on Orton

Breakout Star Of The Year

- Sheamus

Shocker Of The Year

- Orton DDT's Stephanie and kisses her infront of Triple H

Tag Team Of The Year

- Jerishow

Match Of The Year

- Undertaker vs HBK

Raw Guest Host Of The Year

- Seth Green

The Oh My Moment Of The Year

- Michael Cole vomits on Chris Jericho at SmackDown's 10th Anniversary

Also it looks like Punk will be facing Cena and Taker is battling Orton tonight? :o:D

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/slammyawards09/

Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston

I don't know about anyone else, but this was the clear match of the night. Some quality selling of the ribs from Kofi Kingston, including AMAZING selling off the Cross Body that he done off the top, staying on for the pin but going nuts with agony. Randy Orton was at his best cocky self and both guys just went out and stole the show. Yuss. ****1/4

Just watched it again and I enjoyed it much more the second time around....thats the last time I drink during a PPV again :lol: . I can't believe there are people who don't like Kofi. He's been amazing since he dropped the shitty Jamaican gimmick. Looking forward to Orto getting back in the title scene after his brief break from it.

Just watched it again and I enjoyed it much more the second time around....thats the last time I drink during a PPV again :lol: . I can't believe there are people who don't like Kofi. He's been amazing since he dropped the shitty Jamaican gimmick. Looking forward to Orto getting back in the title scene after his brief break from it.

He's dead wee and shit.

A stroke a genius by McMahon perhaps?

What has been the big story, the main talking point, in pro wrestling for the past few weeks? It is of course the 105 year old Hulk Hogan going to TNA. It was recently banded about that Impact will go head to head with Raw one monday in January.

Now though, everyone is talking about WWE again due to the massive shock of Sheamus winning the title.

Clever stuff by McMahon.

And Bobby Lashley may soon be TNA champion! Ahahaahahahahaa!

A stroke a genius by McMahon perhaps?

What has been the big story, the main talking point, in pro wrestling for the past few weeks? It is of course the 105 year old Hulk Hogan going to TNA. It was recently banded about that Impact will go head to head with Raw one monday in January.

Now though, everyone is talking about WWE again due to the massive shock of Sheamus winning the title.

It's one thing to get people talking, but it's another to get people watching.

Nobody gives a f**k about Sheamus. Certainly not enough to stop any potential viewers going and watching TNA.

Infact, I'd rather watch Strictly Come Dancing than watch a brand that has that useless pillock as the champion.