The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Wrestling at the Palace Theatre in Killie on Friday. Good card ...

BCW Championship

Lionheart © vs. BT Gunn

Lionheart has lost one of his three belts, which is a shame. BT Gunn's popularity is at an all time high in all promotions, as evidenced by his many main event spots. He's not a bad wrestler, but has lost some of his comic edge since turning face. Can't see anything other than a Lionheart win here, but the match should be an absolute belter.

BCW Openweight Championship

Falcon © vs. "The Isreali Icon" Naom Darr

The premiere high flyer in Scotland takes on a true Icon ... okay, so he's not a true icon but he's great fun. Darr is inexperienced as hell and there's no fued here to speak of, so there is no way Darr is going to win this match. This match is going to be decent but can't help but feel it's going to be underwhelming.

England vs. Scotland Flag Match

Johnny Moss vs. Wolfgang

Two big nasty b*****ds beating each other up. Sounds like fun. Mossy is a genuinely scary looking man. Built like the preverbial brick shithouse. Wolfgang has taken on harder guys and won though, and can sure take a beating. Iceman battered the poor guy all over Paisley, giving me a Headlock into the bargain. Geordie w****r. Should be the match of the night so long as the match gimmick doesn't control things too much.

Red Lightning vs. Jamie Feerick

Jamie Feerick has been spending most of his time recently getting beaten by bigger guys. This one should be no different. Feerick has been something of a revelation with his flashy offence and his ability to play sympathetic beaten down babyface down to a tee. Lightning to win what should be a really good match, but this could go either way if BCW decide to have Lightning and his manager split.

Kid Fite vs. Jason Rotanda

I'll post a video on YouTube of me eating a hat if Kid Fite loses this match. Rotanda is a graduate of SPWA, and he has all of the tools to be something, but Kid Fite is a monster of a man these days and will beat the hide off of anything that moves. The match could be really good.

Raging Storm vs. Darkside and Scott Renwick

Raging Storm need the win here after losing their shot at the BCW Tag Titles. All four men in this match have talent. Especially Darkside, who brings head drops and knee strikes to the table. If I had to make a prediction, I'd go for Raging Storm, but with such a big name on the other side of the ring, it's really anyone's guess.

Super looking card actually.

Tbh, I doubt it had anything to do with a deal with SlimJim.

Vince has welcomed back people for a lot worse. FFS, he hired Bischoff! I think a guy as popular as Randy Savage would have been brought back if Vince wasn't still pissed that he bonked his princess

:o In all my years watchin wrestling I'v never heard of this Macho Man 'Rumour'. I would'nt be surprised if that did happen, but would she really have been 15 at the time of it?

The dates don't add up for the Macho story.

Oh and just to be different. I love the Jericho stick just now, between Jericho and Orton I can quite happily watch Raw. On the other hand with the wonders of Sky+ I zoom right through the awfulness that is Shawn Michaels.

Wrestling at the Palace Theatre in Killie on Friday. Good card ...

BCW Championship

Lionheart © vs. BT Gunn

Lionheart has lost one of his three belts, which is a shame. BT Gunn's popularity is at an all time high in all promotions, as evidenced by his many main event spots. He's not a bad wrestler, but has lost some of his comic edge since turning face. Can't see anything other than a Lionheart win here, but the match should be an absolute belter.

He's actually managed to make people laugh, and not in a laugh-at-you, way?

He liked to make wee nods to WWE guys which were pretty good. His HHH stuff in particular is great fun, but he's dropped all of the humour completely. This is a 100% serious Gunn, but part of what made BT Gunn so popular was the comic stuff.

ECW on Sci-Fi 24/02/2009

Jack Swagger and Christian main eventing the show tonight.

DJ Gabriel vs. Mark Henry

Did Henry get a bit of a face pop from that crowd ? Either they like Henry or they really don't like Gabriel. Gabriel got FAR too much offense in during this one. It's always good fun to watch Henry destroy someone though, since he seems to have learned loads in his ECW run. I can't help but think Atlas has done a wee bit to help.

More Evan Bourne hyping. GET HIM BACK ALREADY !!!

Tyson Kidd vs. Matt Boyce

It'd seem they're now adding more heelish things to his character. They do need to give him more dimensions now that they've had him on TV for a couple of weeks. That Elbow Drop is absolutely tremendous. Tyson Kidd continues to rock da house.

Paul Burchill vs. Tommy Dreamer

Pretty much the standard match for these two guys. Nothing special at all. The ending of the match is ridiculous though. Boogeyman's music plays through the ending, completely negating the big win. Absolutely pathetic booking.

Jack Swagger © vs. Christian - ECW Championship

An absolutely magnificent match. If there's a better match on free TV this year, then it'll be an amazing year. It's amazing that these two guys are capable of such a match after seeing the crap that they put on in their first meeting. The difference between the two matches is like night and day. Brilliant main event.

OVERALL

It's worth catching a replay purely for the main event, but outside of that you also have two entertaining squashes.

Red Lightning has a shoulder injury. He was going to wrestle through it, but it appears to be worse than thought. I have no idea if he's going to be competing tomorrow night. When I spoke to him last night, it was almost certain that he was going through with his match, but his Bebo seems to suggest that he found the injury is more severe.

Kid Fite is in fine health and will be smashing chairs over people's heads and choking people with dog chains before you know it.

He liked to make wee nods to WWE guys which were pretty good. His HHH stuff in particular is great fun, but he's dropped all of the humour completely. This is a 100% serious Gunn, but part of what made BT Gunn so popular was the comic stuff.

:lol:

Glad to see he took the advice!

I only seen him in one match, which was his debut at one of those NXT shows.

Red Lightning has a shoulder injury. He was going to wrestle through it, but it appears to be worse than thought. I have no idea if he's going to be competing tomorrow night. When I spoke to him last night, it was almost certain that he was going through with his match, but his Bebo seems to suggest that he found the injury is more severe.

Just curious, do you know him through going to the shows, or have you known him since before that?

Also, I watched Survivor Series 1998 last night and Undertaker came out to This tune.

For me, that pisses all over every other version he's had. It's really haunting, and the violins and distorted guitars compliment each other very well.

I know he's a big Scottish Fitba fan, so if you're reading this, get it done!

I went once with a friend.

I took a backdrop and landed on my neck.. Which was fun!

My mate stuck at it though, and he's well known in Scotland. As far as I know he's doing okay for himself in England/Ireland as well.

Why anyway, You thinking of taking it up?

I went for around a month/6weeks but that was a while ago now. I'm looking to start back but I don't know where I want to go for it. Need to get in shape first though :lol: You play 5's every week and think your fit til you go to wrestling and your blowing oot yer arse efter the warm up :lol: .

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I went for around a month/6weeks but that was a while ago now. I'm looking to start back but I don't know where I want to go for it. Need to get in shape first though :lol:You play 5's every week and think your fit til you go to wrestling and your blowing oot yer arse efter the warm up :lol: .

Sure that wasn't just a dodgy kebab?

As for where to go, The only place I know of is SWA. I don't think BCW have trainees anymore, But I could be wrong.

Every now and then I think I should have stuck it out, I'm a big guy, So if I was in shape I could have had a decent enough look.

Been trying to get fit for a week now, and I've just been exercising constantly. Probably not good for me because I'm attempting too much, But I can feel the benefit already.

If I get in decent enough shape I might go back for a while, But I doubt I'd be of any use to anybody, my knees seem to be buggered.. It takes me about 20 seconds to get from a kneeling position to a standing one... That's the kind of thing that could slow down a match!