The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Can’t blame Ambrose for leaving at all. Been booked to look like a complete loser and all the hard work he put in getting ripped to the gills when injured was for nothing. He’d be the biggest free agent in wrestling when he goes. 

He's was booked as a goof for so long. Instead of intense psycho who enjoys hurting folk we got a corporate vision of a guy who was 'wacky' and 'zany'.

After his disappointing mini feud with Rollins he must look at the build up to Mania and then beyond and wonder where he fits in, and can't really any positive outcome. He'd most likely be looking at being in a multi man match at Mania (possibly another IC title one) or even the Andre and then punted to Smackdown to feud for the US title after Mania.

As much asI thought the Rumble was meh, Rollins is by far the biggest potential star IMO out of The Shield. Forgetting his old pish version of the pedigree, he seriously reminded me as a brilliant replacement for Triple H as a cuntish heel. He's been built horrifically. Hopefully the one bright spark from the Rumble and Reign's illness (I realise that's a terrible thing to say, but hopefully you see what I mean), is that Rollins gets built as a proper superstar as he has the appeal to become a big thing!

Equally - I wonder how Ambrose's career would have worked out if he never pissed off Mick Foley back in the day with his antics. Foley was genuinely willing to bow out to him (Which in the wrestling world is a pretty big thing regardless of the amount of Foley retirements, he was great at talent enhancement).

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

AEW would be an obvious destination for Ambrose, but I also get the impression that he would quite happily be done with wrestling altogether.

Renee would be a far bigger loss for WWE than Ambrose.

Not in her current role she wouldn't be. The only positive is that Corey will stop asking her stupid questions about him.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

He had almost a year out and returned with about two new moves. 

That's what they do though, they make entertaining guys boring by slashing move sets in order to help them extend careers by working safer styles. 

Guys who have shown how good in the ring they are else where and how they do fantastic shit on the fly... Rollins, Owens, Nakamura, Mysterio. They made REY MYSTERIO boring ffs. And not even just this time, he was boring for years before he left.

I watched Balor several times in ICW and was absolutely blown away by him to the point where I caught a few of his NJPW matches. Never failed to amaze or catch you off guard with a 'wow' moment. Now I know pretty much what he's going to do and when. That's not his fault. All that ability is still in there. 

It's why guys who have always been there like Reigns, Miz and Orton have always had the tag of boring in the ring... Its the only style they ever learned. 

Mark my words, they will do the same to Richochet, Black, Gargano, Ciampa etc when their call up to the main roster happens. Thry don't want these guys working high risk styles and increasing the chance of career shortening events so will keep them to the same 10-15 moves on repeat forever with maybe two or three high spots.