The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just on the off-chance anybody's interested, Channel Extreme shows an hour of old TNA matches at 11 tonight. Found out by accident the other day, they seem to be doing this every night.

:)

No raw chat????

The forums wouldn't have been back online for a lot of people. I know it wasn't for me. I watched the first hour of RAW then went to bed. Will watch the rest when I get home tonight. First hour was a bit guff. I did think Jericho was going to say he shagged Punk's sister though. :lol:

Edited by Rudy

Whats with the Billy Gunn hate, thought he was decent.

Pretty much every single guy in WWE right now could learn from him when it comes to selling. He single handedly made a Survivor Series match good too back in 2000 when nobody else was pulling their weight.

Staying at a mate's house for Mania and having a Mania party. Looking forward it, but the big 12 man tag match looks like a load of shite. It's the usual panic standby of throwing everyone they have nothing for into a big tag match. They shouldn't be wasting guys like Ziggler, Barrett, Christian and others in such a pishy match. Also Kane and especially Orton are wasted in having a match that has had no build up. How can WWE not forsee that they have to create and build up angles and feuds for Mania?!

Hulk Hogan will soon be on screen manager type of TNA after Sting stepped down. Grand.

No raw chat????

BT are obviously shite and the forum wasn't online when I last checked at about 12.30 today, just got back and checked it now and it's back.

I thought Raw was absolutely shite. I know they don't want to really go at each other 2 weeks before Mania incase they get injured, but I thought the segments were shit. The Rock is still shit.

All that I've taken from his promos is he thinks Cena dresses like a fanny and that the Rock loves twitter and things to be trending. All the other content of his promos is him saying things to get cheap pops and pausing so the crowd can cheer or chant whatever he's just said. His patter is the sort of stuff I'd expect to hear when I was in school.

Whereas Cena's promos have been much better. He's calling the Rock out on actual points that make sense. And is seeming the more mature out of the two.

All that I've taken from his promos is he thinks Cena dresses like a fanny and that the Rock loves twitter and things to be trending.

The first bit, fair enough, but it's not exactly the only thing he's talked about, and trying to take the piss like that is just his character. As for the second part, there was no, or barely no mention of 'trending' last night and during the 'Rock concert' last week IIRC.

All the other content of his promos is him saying things to get cheap pops and pausing so the crowd can cheer or chant whatever he's just said. His patter is the sort of stuff I'd expect to hear when I was in school.

Again, that's just part of his character and partly what has made him so great.

Whereas Cena's promos have been much better. He's calling the Rock out on actual points that make sense. And is seeming the more mature out of the two.

Personally I feel Cena's promos have just been the usual, boring "I love this company and work so hard for it" stuff and that he wants to "fight the 'real' Rock".

Also (and again), I don't think maturity is ever what has made The Rock so excellent in the past.

Each to their own though. 8)

Also (and again), I don't think maturity is ever what has made The Rock so excellent in the past.

Ha good point! Talking about 'The People's Strudel', threatening anal penetration with shiny, horizontally turned objects, declaring his love of pie, threatening to "layeth the smacketh down" on people's "candy asses", calling people "roody poos", The People's Eyebrow, threatening to check people into a mythical hotel, claiming on a regular basis that opponents had the bottom of a primate, The Rock N Sock Connection, asking people if they detect the aroma of his culinary efforts*, putting T-shirt's over Cole's/Coach's/other interviewers faces, doing impressions of Big Show/HHH/Vince McMahon other folk etc were all brilliantly immature and immensely entertaining. The best stuff in wrestling is fundementally immature.

*That's a quote from one of Foley's books!

To say that The Rock is still shit is simply ludicrous.

The Rock is the fcking man. There is no one better.

Maturity isn't ever something I've looked for in wrestling either.

Edited by Rudy

The first bit, fair enough, but it's not exactly the only thing he's talked about, and trying to take the piss like that is just his character. As for the second part, there was no, or barely no mention of 'trending' last night and during the 'Rock concert' last week IIRC.

Character/clothes are pretty similar, but that's a style choice(hardly a great example to be setting as a side point). He could attack Cena on loads of other shit(him not being a great technical wrestler but having so many titles would be a starting point), but he hasn't, he's went after his character which is just shit to me when there's other stuff he could make fun of.

Again, that's just part of his character and partly what has made him so great.

He was never this much of a cheap pop merchant though. He wasn't even that bad this time last year when he returned.

Personally I feel Cena's promos have just been the usual, boring "I love this company and work so hard for it" stuff and that he wants to "fight the 'real' Rock".

He's calling the Rock out of legitimate issues though. Rock not liking Cena's fashion sense is an opinion based on an opinion. Cena not liking the Rock because he fucks off for months on end is an opinion based on fact.

Maybe I'm just misremembered but I don't remember it him pandering to the crowd so much nor resorting to mum jokes.

To say that The Rock is still shit is simply ludicrous.

The Rock is the fcking man. There is no one better.

Maturity isn't ever something I've looked for in wrestling either.

I'll clarify, I meant still shit compared to the past few weeks. Before 2012, The Rock was fucking excellent. But this year, he's been shit.

And Teddy Long is a bitch, sucker punching John Laurinaitis like the coward he is. Who do we think will close Teddy's team? Assuming Ryder joins Santino, Kingston and Truth I think someone like Foley will come back. I could see Brodus joining them, maybe as payback for Laurinaitis holding him back. Maybe Miz face turn. I can't see past Christian and Del Rio joining Otunga, Henry, Swagger and Ziggler. That's one helluva team though, 5 ex-World Champions. Surely they can't lose?