The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Aye, in a way. He needs to ramp up the intensity to be any good. It doesn't come naturally to him at all. He can be good though.

The single biggest reason why his character is pish right now. Get him to up the intensity....turn him into a vicious b*****d and we could be onto a winner.

I don't think there's ANY mileage in Daniel Bryan as a babyface anymore. There just isn't anything to him at the moment. CM Punk is going to stay a babyface for a very long time though.

As an aggressive heel, that boy can talk, so mic work wouldn't be a problem. We've already seen good examples of him on the mic actually, especially in the Michael Cole fued.

Unfortunately since WWE are obsessed with their heels being cowards these days, so I'd wager Daniel Bryan would go down the same road.

You're right but I can't see a cowardly heel role really working for him. I think they'll have to turn him into a total c**t in order to get any decent heat off of him.

Cena vs Kane will probably be poor, but only because it doesn't make sense for Kane to attack Cena. If they offer some sort of plausible explanation then it could develop into a decent mini-fued.

He was a great worker, bring him back and pop him in the midcard I say.

Chris Masters was up there with the best in WWE when he was eventually sacked. Just an absolutely shocking decision there. Oh, and his selling was off the charts. He sold injuries like his fucking limbs were falling off!

FWIW, it wasn't a slight on Masters, he is great, he was just the first muscly person I thought of.

It'd be great if his reason was simply "he's got one of 'em faces".

Probably not give a reason(is Kane even going to talk now?) and it might trigger his turn.

That backstage scuffle between Barratt and Orton was awesome! RKO on top of a car, showing no respect by tipping a bin on top of Barrett. It's everything WWE has been missing for a long time now.

Edit to add: Ok, Bryan was entertaining there. If he can keep that up, I'll take back everything I said about him. Still doesn't really make sense where this sudden ability and power has come from though.

Edited by jay_7

That backstage scuffle between Barratt and Orton was awesome! RKO on top of a car, showing no respect by tipping a bin on top of Barrett. It's everything WWE has been missing for a long time now.

Edit to add: Ok, Bryan was entertaining there. If he can keep that up, I'll take back everything I said about him. Still doesn't really make sense where this sudden ability and power has come from though.

Agreed, apart from Barrett selling getting skooshed with water.

Daniel Bryan looked like the old angry intense American Dragon for the first time since he choked Josh Matthews out with the Nexus.

Live updates and thoughts from ROH Final Battle!

We open with TJ Perkins vs. Michael Elgin. I'm a big fan of Perkins. He was in TNA as Puma a few years back in a four way on a PPV.

* Elgin KILLS Perkins with a cool Powerslam into the railings. DEATH~~~!!!

* I love Elgin's power offense. He's just ragdolling Perkins here.

* Perkins busts out a badass Head Scissor style move and then dives to the floor and the Manhattan crowd is as hot as usual. Decent opener so far.

* We have our first botch as Perkins kinda screws up a Standing Corkscrew Moonsault. YOU FUCKED UP!!!

* ELGIN CATCHES PERKINS COMING OFF THE TOP RIGHT INTO THE VERTICAL SUPLEX POSITION~~~!!! FUCKING HELL!!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! WHOA !!!

* This match is REALLY picking up steam. They couldn't have picked a better opener. Some good stuff in here.

* Elgin wins with the Spiral Bomb in a match which I'll go as far as ***1/4 for.

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jimmy Rave

* I forgot Jimmy Rave was back in ROH.

* Ciampa is the Human Wristlock Machine. Survive if he doesn't bore you to death. Rave goes the alternative route of trying to knock him off his game. He's met with a brutal Lariat for his troubles. New plan then.

* Awesome camera shot of Ciampa's big knee in the corner.

* Rave to the Heel Hook out of nowhere! I don't buy it though. Sure enough Ciampa is in the ropes. That might be the weakener though.

* Ciampa swings Rave into the railing in brutal fashion. Maybe not then.

* Project Ciampa and that, as they say, is that. **1/2 is my score for that bad boy. It's not a bad match by any means.

Jay Lethal © vs. El Generico vs. Mike Bennett - ROH Television Championship

* I've got a bad feeling about this. Maria is in the corner of Mike Bennett though, so I feel better about things already.

* Kevin Kelly calls Bennett "so good"... erm... no.

* A lot of ROH fans don't like Jay, but these fans aren't among them, as they give him a massive cheer before chanting "f**k TNA!". I like him too, so I sympathise with them.

* The flow of the match is very nice and fluid so far. I like it. It's worth noting that this match is totally unpredictable. I don't even know who'll be eliminated first.

* The focus seems to be on Generico and Lethal, but you KNOW Bennett is going to be a major player here.

* REAL close nearfall on a Spinebuster on Generico from Bennett there. I thought for sure that was a three when Generico wasn't kicking out.

* DOUBLE SPRINGBOARD PLANCHA INTO THE SUICIDE DDT ON BOTH MEN!!! SWEET MOTHER OF f**k!!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOUUUTTTTTT !!! BENNETT SURVIVES !!!

* BENNETT GRABS THE TIGHTS AND ELIMINATES GENERICO !!! LETHAL INJECTION WINS IT FOR LETHAL !!! Terrific match there. ****

Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino

* Steen is fucking insane here. His intensity is through the roof.

* CANNONBALL AGAINST THE RINGPOST?!?! STEEN IS MENTAL!!!

* CORINO DIVES !!! CORINO??!!! FUCKING HELL!!!

Edited by DomDom

Live updates and thoughts from ROH Final Battle!

We open with TJ Perkins vs. Michael Elgin. I'm a big fan of Perkins. He was in TNA as Puma a few years back in a four way on a PPV.

* Elgin KILLS Perkins with a cool Powerslam into the railings. DEATH~~~!!!

* I love Elgin's power offense. He's just ragdolling Perkins here.

* Perkins busts out a badass Head Scissor style move and then dives to the floor and the Manhattan crowd is as hot as usual. Decent opener so far.

* We have our first botch as Perkins kinda screws up a Standing Corkscrew Moonsault. YOU FUCKED UP!!!

* ELGIN CATCHES PERKINS COMING OFF THE TOP RIGHT INTO THE VERTICAL SUPLEX POSITION~~~!!! FUCKING HELL!!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! WHOA !!!

* This match is REALLY picking up steam. They couldn't have picked a better opener. Some good stuff in here.

Can't wait to see Corino/Steen....shall watch when I get in from the game tomorrow.

Does anybody else think Daniel Bryan is pish on the mic?

I don't really follow wrestling, but I've recently jiggered my knee and have to do something to take my mind off it. From what I've seen, that guy CM Punk is lights out the best and most eloquent mic speaker in the whole thing, which kind of puts him ahead of the likes of Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan and that stupid guy spikey haired guy who they are trying to make look completely insane, who can barely string a coherent sentence together. And that John Lansomethingorother botches every line I've ever seen him speak, and they keep making him argue with CM Punk, with hilarious consequences ensuing.

Oh and another thing, what's with the daft shouty woman?

I don't really follow wrestling, but I've recently jiggered my knee and have to do something to take my mind off it. From what I've seen, that guy CM Punk is lights out the best and most eloquent mic speaker in the whole thing, which kind of puts him ahead of the likes of Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan and that stupid guy spikey haired guy who they are trying to make look completely insane, who can barely string a coherent sentence together. And that John Lansomethingorother botches every line I've ever seen him speak, and they keep making him argue with CM Punk, with hilarious consequences ensuing.

Oh and another thing, what's with the daft shouty woman?

Vickie Guerrero, Eddie's widow. They basically gave her a job in the aftermath of Eddie's death and she's found a way to generate plenty heat simply by having an annoying voice.