The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Awesome, I'd loved to have been ringside (or anywhere for that matter) at WrestleMania X-Seven and X8 (you being at the latter) but was only about 9 or 10 at the time.

Ironically you will be seeing arguably the biggest/most hyped-up match in John Cena vs. The Rock since Hogan vs. The Rock - coincidentally at the last WrestleMania you were at ten years prior.

Regardless of what wrestling is like nowadays, I still want to take in a WrestleMania at some point as it's always good such is the spectacle that goes with it. I envy you. ;)

Yeah I haven't been to a British show in ages, possibly the short live WWA or last WCW tour and have little interest in going to see WWE at Newcastle this month but it's just worked out ok for flights etc

I just noticed that there. WTF does $25 dollars get you for a WM ticket? a seat 5 miles from the ring and behind a brick wall ?

It works out about $40 after tax and I'll be miles back again but worth it for the atmosphere.

Apparantly Mario Ballotelli shows up in Raw in his own Man City top with his name on the back of it. Legend!

In other news - RAW is meant to be utter garbage (not result spoilers but match spoilers below)

3 squash matches- santino vs swagger, mason ryan vs jtg, del rio vs kingston plus morrision vs ziggler and a main event of cena/ryder vs miz/truth. There is also a punk promo and a nash promo and no sign of barrett/regal etc

Edited by gordon the gopher

Everything CM Punk said about Alberto Del Rio is absolutely spot on.

Another shit episode of RAW in a long line of them. They did announce an interesting looking match for Survivor Series though, and gave Truth and Miz a good win after their humiliation last week, so they did a couple of good things amongst the shite.

Regardless of what wrestling is like nowadays, I still want to take in a WrestleMania at some point as it's always good such is the spectacle that goes with it.

I'm going to go to one at some point too. This year would have been great with one of my all time favourites in The Rock but I'll need to wait till I'm out of university and in a job to afford it.

After reading some of the comments about this weeks RAW and seeing the fight card I will do what I've done for the past 4 weeks in a row and simply delete it from my planner without even watching it, I live in hope that next week is watchable :( .

Oh, gonna give a special mention to Ziggler vs. JoMo here. I thought it was a good wee match, and another thing that RAW had on it. Come to think of it, I think the bad was so bad, it outweighed the decent amount of good going on. Forgot the Nash promo being decent as well. Given a bit of time to think about it, RAW wasn't horrible at all. The shit main event, regardless of the right result didn't help.

I don't know if it was a dark match, but someone got a tryout at Smackdown...

Lionheart wrestled Justin Gabriel using the name Matthew O'Kay. Not a horrific name.

That's great for him, but I'd be very surprised if he gets signed by the WWE. He's a pretty good worker but he doesn't have much charisma IMO. In the couple of shows I've seen I've preferred Jester or Gunn.

I just overheard a conversation where someone referred to "the X-Division strap". I'd have marked out but I didn't react quick enough and they were past me.

BT Gunn got a tryout with WWE and has apparently been asked again. So the signs are good on that count. I think Lionheart has more of a star aura about him and he can obviously go in the ring.

Right, as usual, plugging the stuff I'm either 1) liking or 2) liking the look of in the future. The One Wrestling Show was amazing last night. Mick Foley gave a surprise interview... it was even a surprise to the hosts. A pure walloper phoned in and had everyone listening and hosting in tears of laughter. Some awesome reminiscing about the good old days of entrances and theme music being awesome, and some weird as f**k looks at both RAW and next year's Wrestlemania. It's hosted by Red Lightning, Chris Renfrew, Billy Kirkwood and Chris Duke. Neil "The Wee Man" Bratchpiece is back in place of Lightning next week.

Oh, forgot to mention that in the next couple of weeks, guests will include Luke Gallows, Drew McIntyre and... JBL!!!

I plug that all the time because it's absolutely brilliant, and it can be found here...

http://onewrestling.podbean.com/mf/web/4m66u4/Wrestling9.mp3

That looks like it's not worked right. Anyways, copy, paste and put it in and it'll play.

Other stuff. Dumbarton on the 26th has a quality card of wrestling.

PBW Championship Ladder Match: BT Gunn © vs. Jack Jester vs. Andy Wild

PBW Tag Team Championships: Wolfgang and Lionheart © vs. Blaze N Rampage

Liam Thomson vs. Noam Dar

Red Lightning vs. Steven Xavier

There's SWA shows that weekend too, but I'll need to see full cards before plugging them.

Edited by DomDom