The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

That was a bit weird. I was thinking it was pretty stupid to have a reasonably big moment of Mason Ryan coming down only for him to sit on the sidelines for a few minutes. But then he turns on Dolph, Swagger and Vicki? I would be all for him getting a bit of a push, he's certainly a monster. I like that finsher as well.

Don't know where this is going tbh, surely this whole Nash ordeal etc isn't over? I can see any of either Triple H, Laurinaitis, Nash, Miz and R-Truth getting involved at Hell in a Cell.

I reckon Del Rio will get the title and what happens on the night will spark off what happens on the road to, and at Survivor Series.

Right, thoughts on RAW as I watch it.

* That crowd fucking HATE Vickie Guerrero. The huge chorus of boos lasting as long as it did was pretty brilliant. Dolph Zigger has fallen into the category of decent enough talker without being brilliant. Here haud on, what is this? Smackdown midcard bonanza? Christian coming out confirms that aye, that's what's going on. Triple H is terrific as the putdown king. What is it with Christian and lawyers? It's a damn fun opening promo with Cody Rhodes being the only thing disappointing about it.

* Battle Royal: I don't like battle royals but the reason for it is good. Drew McIntyre sighting? Is this RAW I'm watching? Sin Cara is over as hell with this lot too. Cara being sent to the back is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Why are referees made out to be so stupid? Okay, I actually liked this match. Hot crowd helped as did all of the little things happening through the match. **

* "My interview with Mark Henry didn't go too well." :lol: Naw quite man.

* What the f**k is David Otunga wearing? Is this to distract from the fact he is shite?

* Divas Tag Team Action: Are the supposed diva killers actually gonna win a match that wins something? Not amazing or anything, but it was watchable fare. They DO win?! Wow. Anyways aye. *1/2

* Henry vs. Khali: Mark Henry continues to be brilliant. If he doesn't win on Sunday, it'll be an utter travesty. Not a match to be had here, as it was just an angle to get Mark Henry over, but it did it's job.

* Really enjoyed John Cena's promo. He's good when he's being the serious guy. As for Christian vs. Cena, it was just kinda there. The action was fun enough and gets a solid **. Del Rio can f**k off with his destiny. It's gotten to a point that I don't even care that he's a good wrestler,. I just want him sacked.

* Ryder/Ziggler: Ziggler's execution of moves is second to none. Not always the crispest, but he always has that snap to his moves. Disappointed that they didn't give Ryder the win here, but I suppose the lack of heat he got from what was a pretty hot crowd goes to show that he isn't really that over. * Oh, and those fireworks going off when Air Boom came out was utterly pointless.

* Handicap match: Mason Ryan? Beast of a man. Anyways, I guess it's not handicap anymore. Ryder getting killed with the Clothesline was pretty funny. Mason's finisher is a beast of a move. Decent tag team action here, but I don't get the point in feeding Ziggler and Swagger to Ryan like that. **

* Some intrigue added to the midcard with the whole "we need to do something" angle. David Otunga seems to have slotted into the role with ease as well. Granted he hasn't been on TV much on this show, but might as well like the fact that he has shown promise.

* ADR vs. Punk: Really solid main event between these two guys as you would expect. Good angle at the end with ADR as well. ***

Good episode I thought.

Do you honestly think I locked it because of that particular post?

I had been meaning to lock it for months. It was at least 3 years old and was not something I was particularly wanting to see coming back to the top seeing as I started it. I hate threads that go on and on that have no real issue to discuss these days.

You have your new thread now. No damage done. Carry on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stupid

One of the biggest pops/crowd reactions ever IMO. Such a quality time, I can still remember it vividly. :(

The crowds aren't like that anymore, although it's no suprise when you look at the talent at the moment and who the product is aimed at compared with back then. :(

Edited by Aurora Borealis

One of the biggest pops/crowd reactions ever IMO. Such a quality time, I can still remember it vividly. :(

The crowds aren't like that anymore, although it's no suprise when you look at the talent at the moment and who the product is aimed at compared with back then. :(

Lawler was so much better as a heel commentator, and wrestling is so much better with Chris Jericho involved.

The APA were class :D

If I'm being honest, I'm really not all that bothered with HIAC. I mean I'm sure it'll be ok, but there's nothing going on that has me thinking "I really have to see this".

EDITED TO ADD:

It's basically the same matches we've had 2/3 month in a row. Cena vs Punk, Cena vs Del Rio, Christain vs Sheamus, Orton vs Henry, Beth vs Kelly.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

That was a bit weird. I was thinking it was pretty stupid to have a reasonably big moment of Mason Ryan coming down only for him to sit on the sidelines for a few minutes. But then he turns on Dolph, Swagger and Vicki? I would be all for him getting a bit of a push, he's certainly a monster. I like that finsher as well.

Ryan is a complete liability in the ring. See Drew McIntyre match on Superstars