The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Awful, awful news. :( Was an absolutely amazing wrestler and a few guys today could do a lot worse than watch re runs of some of his matches, a brilliant athlete and one of the most charismatic people ever to grace Wrestling.

RIP big man

honky-tonk-man.jpg

♪This one's for you Macho Man.♫ :bairn

Savage, whose legal name was Randy Mario Poffo, lost control of his Jeep Wrangler in Pinellas County on Florida's Gulf Coast around 9:25 a.m. Friday, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.

The Jeep veered, went over a concrete median divider, crossed eastbound lanes and smashed into a tree, the report said.

Savage may have suffered a "medical event" before the accident, but the report did not elaborate, authorities said.

The report identified a female passenger who suffered minor injuries as Barbara L. Poffo. A statement from Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment said the passenger was Savage's wife.

For much of his career, his valet, Miss Elizabeth, was by his side. Elizabeth Hulette was also then his wife. They later divorced, and Hulette died at 42 in 2003 in what was ruled a prescription-drug overdose.

Edited by kiddy

See when you think of all time great Wrestlemania matches, you're a fucking moron if three of Savage's matches don't come to mind. The guy was amazing. Full stop.

I assume you are refering to Steamboat, Warrior and Flair matches?

Did he ever have any great matches in wcw? I never watched wcw so once Savage left wwf he vanished in my eyes

I assume you are refering to Steamboat, Warrior and Flair matches?

Yup. Although I suppose you could give special mention to the Hogan match. Not quite "up there", but a belter all the same.

Did he ever have any great matches in wcw?

Had some belters on Nitro in 1995/96, had a great fued on PPV with Diamond Dallas Page, a couple of amazing brawls with Hogan in 1999. He adapted quite well when he got more and more limited, but by the time he turned up on TNA, he was useless. Thankfully he didn't do much else and allowed his legacy to remain pretty much intact.

Poor wee Billy Dodds is going to be fucking devestated.

OOOOOHHHHH YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH

Can I ask what the joke is here? Someone posted this on my facebook(the same person that posted the Where's Randy Savage joke) and I was just as confused.

Can I ask what the joke is here? Someone posted this on my facebook(the same person that posted the Where's Randy Savage joke) and I was just as confused.

Are you saying you've never read the REAL Leigh Griffiths blog? :o

I was wondering what the f**k he was doing when I saw it.

The whole thing is magnificent. Even the wee pre-RKO jig. That star jump is definately gonna rank among my favourite moments of 2011 though.