The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Oh aye, and Michael Cole pretty much ruined Raw again ... I liked him when he started this heel persona (on NXT?) but by god has it gone completely overkill.

Edited by garymcc1874

Basically, Cena is spot on with everything he's been saying about him.

Cena's not right. Who's to say that The Rock doesn't love the WWE people, is there even a doubt? Because he doesn't turn up to the shows? Maybe WWE doesn't want him to be there in person, you don't know for sure that it's him who's hindering it and not Vince.

And lets not forget that the Rock's promos are being seriously toned down to what he would want them to be, if there wasn't any restrictions I have not doubt that Cena would have like two new arseholes.

forgot to put this photo in that I saw on a board:

Screenshot.png

Edited by forehead7

And lets not forget that the Rock's promos are being seriously toned down to what he would want them to be, if there wasn't any restrictions I have not doubt that Cena would have like two new arseholes.

They aren't being toned down at all though

They aren't being toned down at all though

The first Rock one, the live one, is the only one that wasn't PG'd down to f**k, just because every second word was "ass".

The "via satalite" one he said bitch and a couple of asses but nothing like he would've back in the day.

Obviously they've given him some rope but nothing like he would ideally want.

Austin gave the fingers, Cena made some crappy innuendo, and The Miz said 'ass'.

Why we even have to discuss such nothings is pretty horrible actually.

Children watch 18-rated movies, children play 18-rated video games, they're not going to stop watching wrestling because of a few swear words, a few fingers, and some blood.

I don't think that's the point.

It's more than possible to script a good promo, but The Rock has been rolling out a lot more of the infantile kiddy humour than he used to, and he sounds incredibly watered down as a result. I think that's what's being discussed, and not the PG thing itself.

Of course, it should be possible to write a good PG product. The problem isn't that anyways. It's the pish writers.

To add to the posts above about Scott Hall:

WWE has nothing to do with his court case other than the offered him rehab to help reduce his punishment. Vince is very close to HHH, HBK and Nash and has always helped out with Waltman and Hall's problems, probably more so than he has with any other former talent. If they were more reliable i quite believe Vince would rehire both.

I cant believe Santana is banging parts unknown either. Parts Unknown has a history im lead to believe with girls much younger than Santana. She needs to lose the braces though.

If Hall seriously turned up to court wearing the JWO top then the man is just the greatest to ever walk to the earth. If they go ahead and do the Last Call with Scott Hall road trip to Wrestlemania then it will be superb. Hall, Waltman and Big Kev in a car to Atlanta with a camara will be better than Mania itself

The Rock's last live appearance before he came "back" was in '04 when he was a part of a Diva search pie eating contest. Never mind owing the fans anything he owed himself a better final appearance than that surely?

I thought it was when he returned to save Eugene, that was in 04 just not sure when?

To add to the posts above about Scott Hall:

WWE has nothing to do with his court case other than the offered him rehab to help reduce his punishment. Vince is very close to HHH, HBK and Nash and has always helped out with Waltman and Hall's problems, probably more so than he has with any other former talent. If they were more reliable i quite believe Vince would rehire both.

I cant believe Santana is banging parts unknown either. Parts Unknown has a history im lead to believe with girls much younger than Santana. She needs to lose the braces though.

If Hall seriously turned up to court wearing the JWO top then the man is just the greatest to ever walk to the earth. If they go ahead and do the Last Call with Scott Hall road trip to Wrestlemania then it will be superb. Hall, Waltman and Big Kev in a car to Atlanta with a camara will be better than Mania itself

Absolutely, much more entertaining as well.

I'd throw Larry Zbyzsko in there as well just for the comic value of Scotty ripping the p*sh out of him at every point Larry speaks. Larry wouldn't get into the HOF, I'm sure Vince hates him.

I wasn't sure what to think about the Undertakers new music. I like the change because the Deadman song was very very very stale. But the song itself doesn't suit the Undertaker entrance we are so used to. Fans were clapping along to the song, something that shouldnt happen in an Undertaker entrance. I'm willing to give it time.

If it was up to me, Taker would still have this theme song, this theme song should have been used a lot longer than it was.

It certainly seems like they are going in a different direction with the Undertakers character, he seemed a lot less dull and slow last night in his promo. He actually covered lots instead of his usual 2 sentences in 20 minutes.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

How bad was Impact last night? Hogan gets control of the company, but it means nothing because "the network" are making the matches anyway. Where was RVD? Why are Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal getting a tag title shot? The knockouts match was even worse than usual. Where was RVD? Why was Rob Terry basically squashed?

Sting was the most obvious "surprise" opponent ever. I can't believe they've put the title on him. TNA must have completely shat it when they were negotiating with him.

Nothing at all was resolved last night, despite it being such. The JJ/Angle stuff especially should've ended, and it looks like we're getting yet another Hernandez/Morgan feud with yet more crappy matches.

How bad was Impact last night? Hogan gets control of the company, but it means nothing because "the network" are making the matches anyway. Where was RVD? Why are Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal getting a tag title shot? The knockouts match was even worse than usual. Where was RVD? Why was Rob Terry basically squashed?

Sting was the most obvious "surprise" opponent ever. I can't believe they've put the title on him. TNA must have completely shat it when they were negotiating with him.

Nothing at all was resolved last night, despite it being such. The JJ/Angle stuff especially should've ended, and it looks like we're getting yet another Hernandez/Morgan feud with yet more crappy matches.

TNA should really just shut down for 4 months of the year aka Wrestlemania season.

Season 5 of NXT -

Byron Saxton / Yoshi Tatsu

Conor O'Brian / Vladimir Kozlov

Darren Young / Chavo Guerrero

Jacob Novak / JTG

Lucky Cannon / Tyson Kidd

Titus O'Neill / Hornswaggle

Safe to say they don't give a shit about this season at all.

How anyone can question the rocks integrity is unbelievable he and eqaully austins made it wat it is today! I think what shows it more how far the wwe has gone backward the last 10 years.... U look at the 12 superstars competing in the elimination chamber match for both brands over half of them wouldn't even b competeing for the European title! I no u have to blood the youngsters and it's the natural progression to keep moving up the ranks but the wwe is a million miles away from it's prime! Well done the longest running programe in history but u can show shit tv and the younger fans don't no any different from the miz ect ect

I seen bits and bobs of TNA last night and the one thing I did like was that it had a better feel to it as it was away from the mongo filled Impact Zone.

Very true, although the crowd was dead after the first section with the exception of loads of wolf whistles when Velvet came out. The Sting title win was met with total apathy.