The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Shite raw but very little actual wrestling.

I was just about to post saying, that tonight was a fucking awesome Raw, one of the reasons being that there was just the right amount of wrestling. Raw aint about wrestling anymore, you want that watch Smackdown or the PPV's. Might sound strange but I dont watch wrestling for, the wrestling :lol:. I'd much rather watch The Rock cut a promo or Austin stunning everyone than watch HBK - Taker in a 30 minute classic wrestling match.

Raw had everything tonight, Mania is shaping up to be a good one I think, although I really do think MITB aint happening now.

After going on a scathing tirade against Hulk Hogan last week on Twitter, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is back with another batch of fan Q&A ... Here are some highlights of what Bret said about:

Shawn Michaels and Sunny In The Same Hall of Fame Class: "It's kind of ironic. We're all enjoying sunny days again. haha ;)"

LOL

After going on a scathing tirade against Hulk Hogan last week on Twitter, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is back with another batch of fan Q&A ... Here are some highlights of what Bret said about:

Shawn Michaels and Sunny In The Same Hall of Fame Class: "It's kind of ironic. We're all enjoying sunny days again. haha ;)"

LOL

Rumour is Bret is inducting her :lol:

Cole was class last night and great to see JBL back, his line about hating bullies was great if not a tad ironic.

No holds barred for HHH v Taker- Im dreaming of the Klique all coming down to beat on taker.

BTW if anyone watches last call with Scott Hall check out the latest edition from the court lol

BTW if anyone watches last call with Scott Hall check out the latest edition from the court lol

I don't think I've ever missed an episode yet. Scott Hall is a great entertainer no matter what he is doing. Still can't believe that Parts Unknown guy is doing that Santana lass.

Just a stunner? :( I remember when Austin kicked the shit out of Cole in 2001. :lol:

Seeing The Rock and Stone Cold return is great, as they are the two biggest legends i've seen since i started watching Wrestling as a wee kid.

Awesome avatar!

I remember that, it was magnificent. Cole getting the sh*t kicked out of him, and no one giving a flying f*ck. Supposed it did add to the heat Austin was getting.

No holds barred for HHH v Taker- Im dreaming of the Klique all coming down to beat on taker.

That would be one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. Hall and Waltman will be at the HoF ceremony, Michaels is obviously being inducted, Nash has a contract now and HHH is in the match itself. It could happen (although it obviously won't).

I'm liked RAW. They've still not PROPERLY addressed the Sheamus situation with Triple H. I thought the attack from HHH was a good idea, but it looks like the knee jerkers shouting "BURIAL!" were actually right in this instance.

I liked how they got Steve Austin into the match though. Well played and it means he doesn't have to be a heel waiting for the obvious face turn.

Looks like they might be heading for a Cena/Rock handshake at Mania. It's good that the focus seems to be shifting to the actual Miz/Cena fued though, rather than The Rock being in the spotlight completely. I think the right idea has been reached, with The Rock still being a major focal point ( as he should be, as he's a major selling point for Mania ) while the fued is actually between Cena and Miz.

That would be one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. Hall and Waltman will be at the HoF ceremony, Michaels is obviously being inducted, Nash has a contract now and HHH is in the match itself. It could happen (although it obviously won't).

Scott Hall is apparently in some legal dispute with the WWE and he might be getting the jail, the sentence was given yesterday but I haven't checked to see what happened with that. It would be pretty cool though if they did it.

I've been thinking about the Punk - Orton feud that's going on, does anyone else think that Punk has a legit reason for doing what he's doing? I just don't really get how they can show Orton as being the face considering what the whole feud actually stems from. It's not like CM Punk was a heel when Orton punted him, was he? It just seems so stupid for Punk to be the heel. Maybe it's just my over-riding hate of Randy Orton, IDK.

The Rock's last live appearance before he came "back" was in '04 when he was a part of a Diva search pie eating contest. Never mind owing the fans anything he owed himself a better final appearance than that surely?

The Rock's last live appearance before he came "back" was in '04 when he was a part of a Diva search pie eating contest. Never mind owing the fans anything he owed himself a better final appearance than that surely?

He probably knew it wasn't going to be his last appearance though. Or at least thought it wasn't.

You're either naive, stupid or lying if you say you don't think that's what he's implying.

Looks like Cena's rap battle skills have rubbed off on yourself . ;)

RAW was good last night, whilst it was obvious that The Miz was going to appear at the end, it was still typically Awesome.

Does anyone else think that with the new Johnny Cash entrance and the "Last Outlaw" nickname for Undertaker that they could be gearing towards a more realistic theme/gimmick for him? Hard to explain but I was thinking more "Old Western Gravedigger" than "Supernatural" when I saw him. Which is a good thing IMO.

Looks like Cena's rap battle skills have rubbed off on yourself . ;)

:lol:

Good spot.

Does anyone else think that with the new Johnny Cash entrance and the "Last Outlaw" nickname for Undertaker that they could be gearing towards a more realistic theme/gimmick for him?

The Johnny Cash theme works incredibly well with what you're suggesting so I hope so. People have been talking about the possible mix between Deadman and Badass for a while now.

Chris Hero vs. Akira Tozawa - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2010

Sometimes you get a match which gets the holy hell hyped out of it so much that you have to see it. Some of these matches turn out to be disappointing. Others turn out to be just as good as you imagined. Now, given the involvement of Chris Hero in this match, I was a bit skeptic. Akira Tozawa is fucking incredible and has taken on the role of the US style underdog with great ease and goes to show his diversity. The size difference between himself and Hero makes a fascinating dynamic and is what essentially makes this worth the short 15 minutes it'll take to watch it.

It's one of those matches which is worth the hype.