The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

So what's everyones opinion on the Bischoff, Pope, Sting and Nash storyline? Seems like that secretary is giving out the details on Bischoff's plans. Pope Sting and Nash face turn after Bound For Glory?

Yes, because 'they' will be a Hogan and cronies heel turn.

That's embarrassingly bad.

Yet has probably been the better show over the past 2 months.

Does anyone think the "They" storyline has anything to do with the "Deception" storyline?

Everyone thinks "they" is Hogan but it could be more complicated than that, afterall "deception" is a complex storyline and no one knows for certain who "they" are.

Hogan will be involved in the recently announced 6 man tag, I've no doubt about it. Pope, Nash and Sting vs Joe, Jarrett and someone to be announced or "the third man". Bash at the Beach 96 immediately springs to mind.

but credit where it is due, TNA have done a good job of drawing out the storyline (bits of the puzzle being revealed at every episode) which will come to a climax at 10/10/10 and you can't say it's not worth buying.

That's embarrassingly bad.

Says the person who thought Legendary was good...... :P

Flair is as good as always. The superman and book stealing bits had me laughing

Yet has probably been the better show over the past 2 months.

Does anyone think the "They" storyline has anything to do with the "Deception" storyline?

Everyone thinks "they" is Hogan but it could be more complicated than that, afterall "deception" is a complex storyline and no one knows for certain who "they" are.

Hogan will be involved in the recently announced 6 man tag, I've no doubt about it. Pope, Nash and Sting vs Joe, Jarrett and someone to be announced or "the third man". Bash at the Beach 96 immediately springs to mind.

but credit where it is due, TNA have done a good job of drawing out the storyline (bits of the puzzle being revealed at every episode) which will come to a climax at 10/10/10 and you can't say it's not worth buying.

If I was American, I certainly wouldn't be buying Bound for Glory because of that storyline. The only good points will be when Joe and Pope go at it. The other three(or four if it's Hogan) are past it. Nash and Hall would be the only two I'd put up with (out of that group of people) because of their mic skills.

The MCMG/Gen Me, RVD/Abyss and Angle/Hardy/Anderson matches will be the ones I'm looking forward to.

And the Lethal Lockdown, eventhough it's stupid to have it now.

The Knockouts match will be watched because Velvet Sky's entrance :wub:

Edited by forehead7

This is a promo from last night's Impact, it discusses a match for next week impact:

Single best Promo I have seen in YEARS!

Foley and Flair look like they have just found that fire that they had in their prime, amazing promo, Foley really hit himself a little too hard, that'll hurt in the morning. Flair vs Foley in a

Last Man Standing

match next week on a LIVE edition of Impact and also the $100,000 Battle Royale.

Also I love everytime Angle wrestles you get the feeling you are watching someone on top of their game, someone so good that he is a once in a generation wrestler, amazing, there is no doubt that right now he is by far the very best wrestler in the world, miles ahead of anyone else. When he does retire it will be a loss for the business.

TNA stepping things up very well, I hope they really do have a suprise for BFG they all know what we expect yet they keep hyping the suprise up, we will soon see.... we will soon see.

If I was American, I certainly wouldn't be buying Bound for Glory because of that storyline. The only good points will be when Joe and Pope go at it. The other three(or four if it's Hogan) are past it. Nash and Hall would be the only two I'd put up with (out of that group of people) because of their mic skills.

The MCMG/Gen Me, RVD/Abyss and Angle/Hardy/Anderson matches will be the ones I'm looking forward to.

And the Lethal Lockdown, eventhough it's stupid to have it now.

The Knockouts match will be watched because Velvet Sky's entrance :wub:

Hall? Am i missing something here?

The thing is, you are potentially turning the biggest name in wrestling from face to heel. It certainly will draw and it'll get some attention as well, just like if Cena was to do it, obviously TNA would be on a smaller scale but it will turn a few heads. I don't like the word "past it" in the business, because in Sting's case, he was past it by 97 and never regained the same popularity. And I do believe Sting can still go, his match with AJ last year showed that.

GenMe and MCMG is personal and I'm really looking forward to that, TNA have done well with this fued and it will be non stop action. And you can't go wrong with a Monsters Ball (that involves Abyss) and Lethal Lockdown matches.

Sky is immense I'l give you that. She is the Sable of this generation in my opinion.

Single best Promo I have seen in YEARS!

Foley and Flair look like they have just found that fire that they had in their prime, amazing promo, Foley really hit himself a little too hard, that'll hurt in the morning. Flair vs Foley in a

Last Man Standing

match next week on a LIVE edition of Impact and also the $100,000 Battle Royale.

Also I love everytime Angle wrestles you get the feeling you are watching someone on top of their game, someone so good that he is a once in a generation wrestler, amazing, there is no doubt that right now he is by far the very best wrestler in the world, miles ahead of anyone else. When he does retire it will be a loss for the business.

TNA stepping things up very well, I hope they really do have a suprise for BFG they all know what we expect yet they keep hyping the suprise up, we will soon see.... we will soon see.

If Flair is supposed to be playing that slightly crazy aspect to his character then he is the best at playing his character right now. I'm just not sure if TNA are just throwing their hands in the air and saying "Ric, just go out there and loose control!"

Edited by The Hero of the Day

You can tell how much more the good mic speakers are enjoying beingin TNA just because of the freedom to use their own creative control on how they portay their characters. And giving guys like Flair that kind of power really pays off.

You can tell how much more the good mic speakers are enjoying beingin TNA just because of the freedom to use their own creative control on how they portay their characters. And giving guys like Flair that kind of power really pays off.

This is where TNA has an advantage. I'm not saying that scripted promos aren't good. It's just that unscripted promos tend to have a different feel to them that make them work and when you have guys that know how to talk, and TNA clearly do, then it can see some good goings on.

As for BFG, I can't wait to finally see the heel Gen Me showing off their true potential against the MCMG. They've been seen as a MCMG-lite when they are infact much much better.

The triple threat should be good. Hardy/Anderson is the only combo that doesn't work well together.

Lethal Lockdown is always a fun match.

Basically it'll be the usual solid PPV.

Oh, advance warning : RVD vs. Abyss will be shite.

This is where TNA has an advantage. I'm not saying that scripted promos aren't good. It's just that unscripted promos tend to have a different feel to them that make them work and when you have guys that know how to talk, and TNA clearly do, then it can see some good goings on.

As for BFG, I can't wait to finally see the heel Gen Me showing off their true potential against the MCMG. They've been seen as a MCMG-lite when they are infact much much better.

The triple threat should be good. Hardy/Anderson is the only combo that doesn't work well together.

Lethal Lockdown is always a fun match.

Basically it'll be the usual solid PPV.

Oh, advance warning : RVD vs. Abyss will be shite.

Normally that goes without saying BFG = Abyss = Monsters ball = pish.

I'm hoping that we see AJ and Sabu ontop of the cell and Sabu does an arabian guillotine off a ladder through a table. Lethal Lockdown is like HIAC but with weapons, loads more action and much much better, like War Games in WCW I love when there is a match where there is action happening all over the place, same thing with the royal rumble, there is so much happening sometimes they miss eliminations (and wee here the word "teetering" 50 times) Love it.

P.S. Bring back WCW's 3 stages of hell match.

The trailer for Dragon Gate UK Night 1. Didn't know if the trailer would do it justice, but I defy anyone to watch that trailer and not say "damn, that looks good".

And I think you mean the triple cage Kris ?

CIMA~!

*stands up and raises arms*

OO !!!

Come to think of it, the trailer didn't do it much justice. Could have done with some of the nuclear crowd heat for the two big matches. The six man tag is worth the DVD price alone. Utterly insane.

The last one was actually a WarGames match on Nitro which was good fun.

As for the DDP/Jarrett/Arquette one, it was mostly DDP vs. JJ and they worked well together, so the match was actually pretty good.