The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

anyone here ever been to an impact taping?? or a tna PPV in the impact zone?

im heading to orlando very very soon and im going to try and take in no surrender and one of the 3 impact tapings that week but i wanna know what time is best for queueing i see the doors are at 5:30 and 6:30 but i think this is on labor day weekend or something of significants in The ole u.s of a.

so how long should i be expected to queue for ?

anyone here ever been to an impact taping?? or a tna PPV in the impact zone?

im heading to orlando very very soon and im going to try and take in no surrender and one of the 3 impact tapings that week but i wanna know what time is best for queueing i see the doors are at 5:30 and 6:30 but i think this is on labor day weekend or something of significants in The ole u.s of a.

so how long should i be expected to queue for ?

I'd PM Hero of the Day, he was at one not so recent, think he went to a PPV aswell.

The lovely Serena has been wished well in her future endeavours. :(

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/150327/UPDATED:-WWE-Releases-Serena.htm

Apparently the reason she was punted was beacause she wasn't sticking to the Straight Edge gimmick in public. Seems a bit harsh considering she was willing to get her head shaved for the gimmick.

The lovely Serena has been wished well in her future endeavours. :(

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/150327/UPDATED:-WWE-Releases-Serena.htm

Apparently the reason she was punted was beacause she wasn't sticking to the Straight Edge gimmick in public. Seems a bit harsh considering she was willing to get her head shaved for the gimmick.

That is a bit harsh if it is the real reason.

I'm gonna start picking wrestlers and reviewing everything I can find from them that looks the slightest bit appealing, but I don't know who to do. So I'm gonna just let people on here throw names at me. There's loads of names in my head but when I search their names, more names come up and I just end up giving up. :(

I was gonna say "f**k it, I'll do it", but it turns out there isn't actually much of his work to be found. :(

Seriously though, I'm gonna disregard any blatantly joking nominations.

Ok :P

Ken Shamrock - one of my favourites when growing up watching wrestling! :)

I'm gonna start picking wrestlers and reviewing everything I can find from them that looks the slightest bit appealing, but I don't know who to do. So I'm gonna just let people on here throw names at me. There's loads of names in my head but when I search their names, more names come up and I just end up giving up. :(

William Regal??

any of you guys a member of xwt or their forums? trying to get the forums more active you dont need to down load the torrent files but they have everything

I'm a member of XWT so I can get torrents easily but have no interest in using the forum on it. I've always found that most people on wrestling forums are complete bellends and this thread is the only kinda wrestling forum I use, cause the folk on it are sound.

Before I get to the Helms series, I have this business to attend to.

Assorted ROH Goodies

I've decided to only download and watch matches which really appeal to me. The amount of mediocrity was giving me a sore head.

Nigel McGuinness © vs. Kevin Steen - ROH World Heavyweight Championship - ROH Northern Navigation ( ****1/2 )

Takeshi Morishima and Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness and KENTA - ROH Respect is Earned ( ****1/4 )

Davey Richards and Nigel McGuinness vs. KENTA and El Generico - ROH Steel City Clash ( **3/4 )

Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries - ROH Final Battle 2008 ( ***1/2 )

Mike Quackenbush vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ROH Race to the Top Tournament Night Two ( ***1/4 )

Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA - ROH Driven ( ****1/4 )

Austin Aries and Roderick Strong © vs. AJ Styles and Matt Sydal - ROH World Tag Team Championships - ROH Fourth Anniversary Show ( ****1/4 )

Nigel McGuinness © vs. Kevin Steen - ROH World Heavyweight Championship - ROH Northern Navigation

This match takes place in Canada which makes Kevin Steen a huge fan favourite. We get a handshake between the two men and Steen stares down Nigel in that and we have early tension between the two men as a result. The bell rings and here we go. Lockup and against the ropes they go. The referee wants a break and we get it, and Steen sends a snot rocket at Nigel. Some fans chant Nigel, which Steen isn't happy with. Huge boos get aimed at them. Headlock from Nigel. Against the ropes they go again. Nigel : "I've got 'till five !" Lockup and Nigel goes to the Front Facelock. Hammerlock from Nigel and then he takes down Steen. Nigel is now stretching the arms in a brutal fashion, and then he pulls at the face of Steen. Nigel goes to the Front Facelock. Steen with the takedown and he has a submission on the leg. Nigel with a nice escape to an Arm Ringer. He takes down Steen and keeps hold of the arm. Steen rolls through and gets a School Boy and that gets a two count. Cravat from Nigel. Snapmare and a Chinlock from Nigel. Steen goes to the hair of Nigel, so Nigel rubs in the face of Steen. Back to the feet and a thrust sends Steen into the corner. Left hand from Nigel and Steen comes back with a massive chop. Lefts vs. chops. Steen with a series of forearms. Steen walks away from a Jawbreaker Lariat and then he mocks the start of the move. European Uppercut from Nigel and then another one. Back Elbow from Steen and Nigel heads for the floor. Steen goes out and lands some chops. Steen wraps a Canadian flag around the head of Nigel and then hits a left hand. Nigel then gets sent into the railing and this is a good match so far. Steen then sends Nigel into another section of railing. Steen then drags Nigel along the floor and goes into the front row. NIGEL WITH A FUCKING GORILLA PRESS SLAM OFF OF THE RAILING INTO THE APRON !!! HOLY SHIT !!! That is just a vile, vile, vile move. This match was worth watching for that move alone. Nigel then heads for the floor. Steen then gets sent into the railing and this might be the beginning of the end as far as the back of Steen goes. Back into the ring they go. Nigel then stands on the back of Steen and jumps on it. Kick to the back from Nigel and he continues to work on the back in brutal fashion. Steen slaps Nigel, and Nigel lands a Knee Drop. That gets a two count for Nigel and then he goes back to work on the arm. This is some sick submission work from Nigel here. Steen gets out. SHARPSHOOTER FROM STEEN ... Nigel reaches the ropes, and adds a bit of eye raking just for good measure. Steen hard whipped into the buckle. That gets a two count for the champion. Steen appears to be in agony and he tries to get the fans behind him, and they duly oblige. European Uppercut from Nigel in the corner and then into the other corner. The fans get behind Steen again. Steen gives them something to get excited about with a big chop, but a Shoulder Block from Nigel puts a stop to that. Chinlock with two knees in the back from Nigel as he continues the work on the back. He then pulls the arms back on this move. Steen frees his legs, but then Nigel locks in the Body Scissors. Steen once again tries to get the audience behind him. Steen into the ropes and he tries to come back, but Nigel then lands a big Lariat and that gets a two count. Hammer to the back from Nigel and then Steen gets whipped into the barrier again. Nigel with a big chop. Nigel has Steen stood up and then makes the charge and lands a European Uppercut. Nigel goes back into the ring and he taunts the audience. Steen comes back with a chop and a forearm. Steen runs into a boot and gets his face driven into the chair in the corner of the ringside area. Back into the ring they go to follow that. That gets a two count for the champion as Steen won't stay down. Nigel makes the charge and hits the big European Uppercut, but Steen comes back with a Flying Forearm. Steen comes back with right hands and the audience is feeling it at the moment and then he lays the stomps in. CANNONBALL FROM STEEN !!! That gets a two count when Steen is hurt after it. Had a bad feeling about that move. Thrust from Nigel and then he sends Steen into the buckle, and he comes exploding out with a Lariat for a two count. Nigel counters the Package Piledriver. POWERBOMB FROM STEEN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Steen gets the audience in this one again and heads for the top rope. Nigel stops Steen on the top rope. TOWER OF LONDON ... Steen avoids it. STEEN COUNTERS TO THE SHARPSHOOTER !!! Nigel reaches the bottom rope fairly quickly. Nigel goes to the floor and rakes the eyes. TOWER OF LONDON OFF OF THE BOTTOM ROPE TO THE FLOOR DROPS STEEN RIGHT ON HIS FACE !!! Into the ring. ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Into the corner they go and Nigel with European Uppercuts. Nigel charges right into a boot. LARIAT FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Steen sends Nigel into the corner but misses a charge. KICK/LARIAT COMBO FROM NIGEL !!! TOWER OF LONDON FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! I just don't buy that as a finish anymore. THE SHARPSHOOTER FROM NIGEL !!! Steen is reaching for the ropes here. He eventually gets into the bottom rope. Steen gets crotched on the top rope. Nigel to the middle buckle. SECOND BUCKLE LARIAT ... DUCKED ... Northern Lariat connects. Steen sends Nigel to the floor when he heads for the top rope. SWANTON PLANCHA OFF THE TOP ROPE ONTO NIGEL MCGUINNESS !!! WHOA !!! WHOA !!! WHOA !!! Back into the ring we go and Steen to the top rope. SWANTON BOMB FROM STEEN ... HITS THE KNEES !!! STEEN GETS THE SHARPSHOOTER AGAIN ON NIGEL !!! HE PULLS HIM INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE RING !!! THE HALL IS RUMBLING !!! NIGEL REACHES THE BOTTOM ROPE !!! Lariat and Steen doesn't drop. SUPERKICK !!! CRADLE DRIVER FROM STEEN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! This is exhausting just to watch. What an effort from these two men. Steen now heads for the top rope. MOONSAULT FROM STEEN ... MISSES !!! JAWBREAKER LARIAT ... Steen blocks. PACKAGE PILEDRIVER FROM STEEN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOUUUTTTTTTT !!! The fans chant "That was three !" at the referee. The audience is standing in anticipation. LARIAT FROM STEEN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! PACKAGE PILEDRIVER AGAIN ... stopped. STEEN RUNS RIGHT INTO THE LARIAT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! SHORT ARM LARIAT FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Steen is just refusing to go out of this match. STEEN SLAPS NIGEL !!! Flurry from Nigel. JAWBREAKER LARIAT FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOUUUUTTTTTT !!! THIS NUTCASE WILL NOT DIE !!! "This Is Awesome !" chant from the Canadian crowd and for once, it's well earned. SMALL PACKAGE FROM STEEN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Steen set on tip. SECOND BUCKLE LARIAT FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

This is some major drama. Kevin Steen is just so good at getting the fans behind him when he plays a babyface and his amazing selling and terrific character had the fans eating out of the palm of his hand, as did Nigel's acting the cunt. Steen was also, yet again, willing to bump like a crazy to get the match over and a couple of the moves that he took were just beyond sick. Probably an under appreciated match in the ROH catalogue but I just knew that I was going to love it. What a super match this is. ****1/2

Takeshi Morishima and Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness and KENTA - ROH Respect is Earned

This was the main event of the first ROH PPV. We're going to open the match with Danielson and KENTA who have some major history together. Danielson takes KENTA down. We have a stalemate early and then they lock hands. KENTA forces Danielson to bridge back and then tries to knock him down with his knees. Danielson with a Monkey Flip to take KENTA over. Headlock from KENTA and then he gets sent into the ropes and he lands a big knee. Nigel and Morishima are now tagged into the match. Nigel into the ropes and both men collide. They collide a second time. Shoulder Charge and Nigel has to back into the corner. Lockup and Morishima with the Headlock and in comes Danielson with a rollup but Nigel rolls through and we have a series of reversals. Nigel with a nice takedown and he gets a Hammerlock. Into the corner and he seems to be looking for the Tower of London, but Danielson blocks so Nigel opts for the European Uppercut. He sets Danielson on top. Morishima distracts McGuinness and Danielson comes off the middle rope with a European Uppercut. Nigel comes out of nowhere with a Headbutt and Morishima comes in with a Headbutt. All four men get involved in an exchange which leads to a four man staredown. Nigel and Danielson back in the ring again and into the corner they go and Morishima into the ring. Nigel into the ropes and Morishima gets the Hip Attack. Kicks to the stomach and then Morishima stands on Nigel and in comes Danielson. Morishima stands on Nigel and Danielson goes onto the back to add to the weight. European Uppercut from Danielson and Nigel with a fightback attempt. Snapmare and a kick in the back from Danielson and that gets a two count. Chinlock from Danielson. Stretch Plum from Danielson and he has Nigel in a pretty horrible position at the moment. Into the corner they go and Morishima comes into the match. Snapmare and then the Spinning Hip Attack from Morishima. He then jumps on the stomach of Nigel and gets a two count from that. Danielson adds a Chinlock from the apron for good measure. Neck Snap over the top rope from Danielson and then the Camel Clutch from Morishima as the heels are really doing a good job of teaming up here. Nigel reaches the middle rope. Danielson tagged into the match. He starts with the Mexican Surfboard and then stomps the knees. Nigel with a fightback attempt but Danielson repeatedly kicks him down. Nigel whipped into the corner and he stops Danielson. KICK/LARIAT ON DANIELSON !!! LARIAT ON MORISHIMA COMING IN !!! KENTA is now tagged in and he unleashes kicks on Danielson and then lands a leaping kick and heads to the apron and lands a Springboard Missile Dropkick for a two count. Back Drop Suplex is avoided and forearms from Danielson but he runs into a Leg Lariat for a two count. Spin Kick from KENTA. YAKUZA KICK FROM KENTA !!! Danielson flips over KENTA and then lands a Backbreaker and tags Morishima in. KENTA into the corner. Cartwheel Avalanche from Morishima. TOP ROPE DROPKICK FROM MORISHIMA !!! BLACK HOLE SLAM FROM MORISHIMA !!! Morishima runs into a kick. POWERSLAM FROM KENTA !!! McGuinness tagged in and he unleashes strikes on the champ. Flurry. He charges and lands the European Uppercut and then he tries to put Morishima on the top rope. SHORT ARM LARIAT ... misses. Kick to the face from Morishima. TOP ROPE DROPKICK ... NIGEL TAKES IT AND LANDS A BIG LARIAT !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Into the corner goes Nigel. CARTWHEEL RIGHT INTO A LARIAT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Nigel is now heading for the top rope. Danielson runs over and KENTA kicks him to the floor. KENTA sent into the railing while Nigel and Morishima do battle. MORISHIMA DROPS HIS FUCKING WEIGHT ON NIGEL !!! Danielson is now sent into the railing. BACK DROP DRIVER IN THE RING FROM MORISHIMA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KENTA MAKES THE SAVE !!! Morishima heads for the top rope. NIGEL WITH THE TOWER OF LONDON ON MORISHIMA !!! Hot tag and in comes KENTA and Danielson. Both men now exchange slaps. Danielson runs into a Spin Kick. Front Suplex and kicks from KENTA. KNEE DROP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD FROM KENTA !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! KENTA with a flurry. ROARING ELBOW FROM DANIELSON !!! DRAGON SUPLEX FROM DANIELSON !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! CROSSFACE CHICKENWING FROM DANIELSON !!! KENTA USES THE BUCKLES TO REVERSE PIPER/HART STYLE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! KENTA is now set on the top rope. POWERBOMB FROM NIGEL !!! EXPLODER SUPLEX ON KENTA FROM MORISHIMA !!! SECOND BUCKLE LARIAT KNOCKS DOWN DANIELSON !!! Morishima sends Nigel to the floor and KENTA and Danielson are in the ring. JAWBREAKER LARIAT ON THE FLOOR FROM NIGEL TO MORISHIMA !!! Nigel sends Morishima into the front row. Nigel to the top rope. NIGEL WITH THE PLANCHA INTO THE CROWD TO TAKE OUT MORISHIMA !!! Danielson and KENTA now do battle in the ring. Judo DDT from Danielson. Nigel gets back into the ring. European Uppercuts between the two men now. Kick to the arm from Danielson. Danielson then heads for the top rope. FLYING HEADBUTT FROM DANIELSON ... RIGHT INTO THE BOOTS !!! Flurry from KENTA. BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! GO 2 SLEEP FROM KENTA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... MORISHIMA BREAKS IT !!! URINAGI SUPLEX FROM MORISHIMA !!! FLYING HEADBUTT FROM DANIELSON !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Nigel is getting his arm taped. ROARING ELBOW FROM DANIELSON !!! LARIAT FROM MORISHIMA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Doomsday of sorts, but Nigel is back in. JAWBREAKER LARIAT ON MORISHIMA !!! TOP ROPE FALCON ARROW ON DANIELSON !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! All four men are down and this is one hell of a match. Danielson uses the ropes to get up and it's him vs. KENTA again. ROARING ELBOW FROM DANIELSON !!! CROSSFACE CHICKENWING !!! KENTA set on the top rope. SUPER BACK DROP SUPLEX DROPS KENTA ON HIS HEAD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! CATTLE MUTILATION FROM DANIELSON !!! THE ELBOWS FROM DANIELSON !!! KENTA PICKS UP DANIELSON AND GETS GO 2 SLEEP ... IT GETS CAUGHT !!! TIGER SUPLEX FROM DANIELSON !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT ... RIGHT INTO THE CATTLE MUTILATION !!! KENTA TAPS !!!

This was a cracking showcase of what ROH is all about. It had the story running through of Nigel vs. Danielson. It had a terrific final exchange between KENTA and Bryan Danielson which seemed to go on forever and this was no bad thing as said final stretch was very good. There was also the fighting spirit of Nigel McGuinness with his injured arm and the hard hitting action as well. Basically all of the ROH stuff summed up. ****1/4

Davey Richards and Nigel McGuinness vs. KENTA and El Generico - ROH Steel City Clash

I've heard that this is disappointing, but look who's in the match. Even if it's disappointing, it's gotta be great ain't it ? American fans should not chant "You're a w****r" as it just doesn't sound right. Generico and Richards are gonna get this match going. Richards kicks KENTA off of the apron right away with a kick. They go to lock hands and then Richards backs up. Generico wants a piece and Richards gets into the ropes. Nigel then tags into the match. Generico then kicks Richards to the floor. Generico into the ropes. HE LANDS A BIG SOMERSAULT PLANCHA ONTO RICHARDS !!! KENTA into the ring and he lands the Busaiku Knee Strike on Nigel but he isn't the legal man. Richards and Nigel want to leave but they end up staying. Nigel and KENTA now in the ring. Lockup and Nigel takes down KENTA and gets the Wristlock. KENTA with a sweep and then he drops an elbow on the leg. Nigel then tries to get the head of KENTA down using his own leg and he gets a Cross Armbreaker which KENTA escapes. Richards tagged into the match and he goes to the arm. Arm Ringer from KENTA and then Richards kicks his way out. KENTA with a slap and then a Snapmare and a kick to the back. Snapmare and a kick from Richards. Right hands from both men. Spin Kick and a kick to the chest from KENTA. Generico with the Cross Body off the top and that gets a two count. Right hands in the corner from Generico. Generico with a Dropkick to the back of the head for a two count. Standing Moonsault gets the same result. Right hands to the gut and then a kick. Generico gets sent to the floor and Richards sends him into the railing. Back into the ring. Kid : "You Suck !" Richards : "Shut up kid, I'm good." :lol: Richards with a kick to the back since he's been tagged back into the ring. Chinlock from Richards. Generico comes back, but runs right into a knee in the stomach. Into the ring goes Nigel and he lands a Suplex. That gets a two count. Generico tries a fightback, but then Nigel tags out again and in comes Richards. Generico into the ropes and a Clothesline from Richards. Back Drop Suplex from Richards and that gets a two count. In comes Nigel again and he lays in a stomp in the stomach. Arm Suplex from Nigel and Generico tries to go for the tag again and Richards is tagged into the match. Fan : "f**k you Richards !" Richards : "Watch your mouth when you're talking to me boy. I'll whoop your ass." Richards is in a vile mood here. Anyways, when I was going on about that Richards locked hands with Generico and took him down. Generico gets to his feet and then rolls through and gets an advantage for the first time in a while. LEAPING DDT FROM GENERICO !!! Richards gets the tag but so does KENTA and we have both men. Flying Forearm and a Clothesline from KENTA. Front Suplex on the top rope from KENTA. KNEE DROP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD FROM KENTA !!! Running kick gets a two count. KENTA comes in with the Springboard Dropkick. YAKUZA KICK IN THE CORNER !!! ANOTHER !!! BRUTAL DROPKICK TO THE FACE OF THE SEATED NIGEL !!! Fisherman's Buster gets a two count. KICK/LARIAT FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! TOWER OF LONDON ... blocked. Nigel runs into a boot. Butterfly Suplex gets a two count. CROSS ARMBREAKER FROM KENTA !!! Nigel gets into the bottom rope. KENTA runs into an elbow. Handstand, but KENTA catches him. Richards into the ring. Generico takes him out. LONDON DUNGEON FROM NIGEL !!! Generico comes in and saves his partner. Richards tagged into the match and KENTA is waiting on him. Forearms from both men now. KENTA and Richards exchange kicks. Richards charges KENTA into the corner and lands chops and headbutts. KENTA into the corner and Richards lands the Forearm, but runs into a Powerslam. Generico back in and Richards lands the Enziguri. MICHINOKU DRIVER FROM GENERICO !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Richards avoids a Brainbuster. ALARM CLOCK FROM RICHARDS !!! GERMAN SUPLEX !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! DR DRIVER ... blocked. Richards with kicks to the chest and Generico blocks one and lands forearms. Generico into the ropes and Nigel pulls the top rope down. KENTA with a Dragon Screw. YAKUZA KICK FROM GENERICO !!! BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE FROM KENTA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! LARIAT FROM NIGEL TO KENTA !!! YAKUZA KICK TO NIGEL !!! CAPTURE SUPLEX INTO THE BUCKLES FROM RICHARDS TO GENERICO !!! KENTA and Nigel into the ring and a Discus Lariat. BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE ON NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Lariat from Nigel but he is having problems. KENTA WITH THE TOP ROPE FALCON ARROW !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... RICHARDS SAVES !!! Nigel with the DDT to come back into the match. TOWER OF LONDON FROM NIGEL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... GENERICO SAVES !!! Richards and Generico to the floor. LONDON DUNGEON FROM NIGEL TO KENTA !!! KENTA WITH THE ROLLUP !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Arm Ringer Takedown from Nigel. GO 2 SLEEP FROM KENTA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I suppose the reviews were right. This was incredibly pedestrian stuff most of the way through. There was none of the intensity that most of these guys are known for and it felt like they were just going through the motions. **3/4

Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries - ROH Final Battle 2008

The atmosphere in the hall is absolutely nuclear. This is a #1 contender match and probably the biggest such match in a long time. I certainly can't remember a #1 contender match in ROH which had as much hype. Lockup and into the corner they go. We have a clean break from that and Aries backs off. Both men seem to be taking their time. Lockup again and against the ropes they go. We have a clean break a second time between them. Lockup and Aries with the takedown and then he goes behind. Aries with a Head Scissors and then then a Headlock. Aries really taking control of Black early here. Aries into the ropes and he charges down Black. Black drops down and Aries gets the Headlock from there. Aries with a kip up and a Fireman's Carry into the Side Headlock. It'd appear he's going for the Headlock tactic early in the match. Aries into the ropes and he runs into a Hiptoss, but he gets kicked away. Arm Drags from Aries and then an Arm Bar. Black is being schooled early in the match here. Head Scissors from Black to get away from that and Aries then headstands, escapes and misses the Dropkick. Headlock from Aries. Forearms to the side from Black. He misses a Dropkick, but then Black lands the headstand into the Dropkick and Aries isn't happy with that. Both men push each other and now they land forearms. Chops from both men now. Gutbuster and then the STO from Aries. Power Elbow from Aries and that misses. Manhattan Drop from Black and then a stomp to the stomach and that gets a two count. Stomp to the face from Black. Body Slam from Black and then a Knee Drop and that gets a two count. Aries with forearms and he gets sent into the corner. Snake Eyes from Black and that gets a two count. Aries into the corner and Black then warms up. Aries lands a big Avalanche in the corner to stop him. IED FROM ARIES ... hits a boot. Knee to the stomach from Aries and then he sends Black to the apron. Black tries for a Springboard and gets pushed to the floor. HEAT SEEKING MISSILE FROM ARIES !!! Back into the ring they go and that gets a two count. Black then gets sent to the floor and Aries goes out to meet him. Black gets sent into the railing. Aries then sits Black on a chair. IED FROM ARIES !!! Back into the ring they go and that gets a two count. LAST CHANCERY FROM ARIES !!! Black reaches the bottom rope, as it was far too early in the match to catch someone of Black's magnitude. Black gets sent to the floor. Aries and Black on the apron. F-5 ON THE FUCKING APRON FROM BLACK !!! Aries back into the ring and Black lands some forearms from the apron. Springboard Clothesline is missed but he lands on his feet. PELE KICK FROM BLACK !!! That sends Aries to the floor. RUNNING MOONSAULT OVER THE TOP ROPE FROM BLACK !!! Back into the ring and that gets a two count. Black goes for something, but Aries sends him into the corner and lands a big flurry. Brainbuster stopped. PEROXYSM FROM BLACK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! BUCKLE BOMB FROM BLACK ... COUNTERED TO THE KNEE STRIKSES AND THEN THE LAST CHANCERY !!! Black escapes but Aries lands some more knees. BRAINBUSTER .... COUNTERED TO THE SCHOOL BOY FROM BLACK !!! BUCKLE BOMB FROM BLACK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Black heads for the top rope. Jimmy Jacobs heads to the ramp. PHOENIX SPLASH FROM BLACK ... MISSES !!! KICK TO THE HEAD !!! BRAINBUSTER FROM ARIES !!! 450 SPLASH FROM ARIES !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

They seemed to be wanting to keep the match from being an epic showstealer. It actually felt like it had a few minutes shaved off of it mid-match. It's a shame because it really did look like these two guys were gonna go out and put on a classic. Instead it turned into some sort of meddling midcard match. ***1/2

Mike Quackenbush vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ROH Race to the Top Tournament Night Two

Some reversing to start the match and then Claudio with the takedown on Quack. He has the legs tied up and Quack tries to elbow his way out. He eventually gets the Arm Drag and he nips up. Claudio gets the fans to chant "Hey !" repeatedly which seems to amuse Quack a little. A lot of fans chant "Quack !" as well. Claudio sweeps down Quack. Quack then rolls through and gets a nice escape to the Arm Ringer. Claudio with a takedown and stretches on the leg. Quack then kicks the face of Claudio. Claudio with an Arm Drag and the fans like that exchange. Headlock from Claudio. Quack out of the corner and he gets an Arm Drag. Head Scissors from Claudio to force the break of the move. Quack with a nice escape and he has the legs captured and then he goes back to the Arm Ringer. Wheelbarrow into an Arm Drag from Quack and then he sweeps down Claudio. Quack into the ropes and then he moonsaults into another Arm Drag. Claudio gets onto the apron. Claudio blocks a Suplex. Both men are now on the apron. Quack sends Claudio over the buckles with a Monkey Flip. SPINNING PLANCHA OFF THE TOP ROPE FROM QUACK TO CLAUDIO !!! Back into the ring and a Senton Splash gets a one count. Quack right into a European Uppercut from Claudio for a two count. Body Slam from Quack and then a Leg Drop and that gets a two count. Claudio has Quack seated and has some form of Overhead Wristlock and then takes Quack over for a two count. Forearm from Claudio and then a kick to the stomach. Claudio to the middle rope and he gets the Crab Elbow and that gets a two count. Front Facelock from Claudio as he tries to keep him down. Both men back up and Claudio gets an Elbow Drop. Gutwrench Suplex gets a two count for Claudio. MATCH KILLER FROM CLAUDIO !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Drew Galloway used to do that move an awful lot. Tilt-a-Whirl Head Scissors from Quack and then a flying body attack. Palm Strike from Quack. SPRINGBOARD RANA FROM QUACK !!! Springboard Double Knees from Quack. ATS !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Quack runs into European Uppercuts. BICYCLE KICK FROM CLAUDIO !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! STRAIGHT JACKET SUPLEX FROM CLAUDIO !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Quack with a slap and he heads for the top rope. Slam off the top and Quack rolls through. Headbutt from Quack and to the top. LEAPING VICTORY ROLL OFF THE TOP FROM QUACK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Knee in the stomach. ALPAMARE WATERSLIDE ... countered. Another Victory Roll gets another two count for Quack. Quack then gets set on the top rope. LEAPING HEAD SCISSORS OFF THE TOP !!! RUNNING EUROPEAN UPPERCUT FROM CLAUDIO !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

These two guys just click so well. My problem with tournaments played out over one night or two though is that guys leave a lot in the tank to keep for later, and that is certainly true of this match. It's still a nice wee match though with absolutely none of the usual Quackenbush goofiness. ***1/4

Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA - ROH Driven

This match wasn't featured on the actual PPV. They ended up showing Danielson vs. McGuinness on the PPV which is a match I'm sure to be reviewing at some point in the future. This was just a nice wee dark main event for the fans in attendance. Danielson offers the handshake and we have a good 'un. They lock hands and then they lockup and Danielson with the takedown and he stands off. They lockup and KENTA goes behind. Danielson with the same and then he gets a takedown. Danielson and KENTA then with an exchange and we have a stalemate from that. They lock hands again and a Drop Toe Hold from KENTA. Danielson with a reversal and then he starts to stretch KENTA. Wristlock from Danielson and he REALLY twists that bad boy. Danielson then gets a pinning combination which KENTA breaks with a kick. Lockup and into the corner they go. Slap from KENTA. The fans tell Danielson that he got bitchslapped. Lockup and a Headlock from Danielson and then he goes back to the arm of KENTA. KENTA with kicks to the leg and then an Arm Ringer. Danielson with the escape and then he slaps KENTA. Forearms between the two men and KENTA gets the better of that. KENTA into the ropes and then Danielson jumps right into a kick and he goes to the floor. Lockup and KENTA with kicks to the chest. Stomps to the chest follow that and then Danielson into the ropes and then a Back Elbow. Kick to the back from KENTA. Head Scissor from KENTA. Danielson bridges out of the move and keeps the legs of KENTA tied up. Indian Deathlock from Danielson and then he pulls at the face. KENTA does his best to avoid a repeat of that and reaches the bottom rope. European Uppercut and then Danielson into the ropes. He comes out with a Sunset Flip, which KENTA counters with a slap. Snapmare and then the slingshot into the backheel from KENTA. He gets a standing ovation for that little piece of mockery. Snapmare and then a Chinlock from KENTA. KENTA clubs on Danielson and then lands some kicks. Danielson catches one and gets the Dragon Screw. Stomp to the back of the leg of KENTA. Snapmare and then a kick to the back from Danielson and then he goes to the Stretch Plum. He then wrenches back on the hold and this is a really sore looking move. Danielson then rubs the face of KENTA into the canvas. European Uppercut and then another from Danielson. Judo DDT from Danielson and that gets a two count. Cross Armbreaker follows that but KENTA does manage to clasp the hands and turns over Danielson, but Danielson eventually gets the move and KENTA reaches the bottom rope. Danielson then stomps on the elbow of KENTA and does this for a second time. Cool that Danielson is going after the shoulder that he had injured himself. KENTA finds his way into the ropes and then Danielson has KENTA and locks in the Mexican Surfboard. He rolls all of the way back and that gets a two count for the former champ. Danielson then chokes KENTA with the boot. European Uppercut from Danielson and then he slaps KENTA. He does this a second time and he really seems to be wound up by something. Danielson rakes the eyes. KENTA comes back with forearms but Danielson with some of his own. KENTA runs into a boot. DANIELSON LEAPS INTO AN ACE CRUSHER FROM KENTA !!! Danielson and KENTA exchange forearms and then KENTA with a flurry. Dropkick from KENTA. KENTA then lands the Springboard Missile Dropkick and that gets a two count. Danielson drops behind and runs right into a Leg Lariat and that gets a two count. A brutal kick to the arm from KENTA. Danielson flips over KENTA. GERMAN SUPLEX FROM DANIELSON !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! CROSSFACE CHICKENWING FROM DANIELSON ... KENTA manages to get into the ropes and then runs. Back Drop Backbreaker from Danielson. Danielson runs into the boot. Tornado DDT over the top rope. KENTA SPRINGBOARDS RIGHT INTO A DROPKICK FROM DANIELSON !!! KENTA is now on the floor. DANIELSON WITH THE SUICIDE DIVE ... RIGHT INTO THE BOOT OF KENTA !!! Onto the apron they go and both men battle. BELLY 2 BELLY SUPLEX OFF OF THE APRON FROM DANIELSON !!! Into the ring they go. CROSSFACE CHICKENWING FROM DANIELSON !!! He adds the body scissors and that could mean bother for KENTA. KENTA reaches the bottom rope. Forearms from Danielson and then a pair of Running Forearms and that gets a two count. CATTLE MUTILATION FROM DANIELSON !!! KENTA finds his way to the bottom rope again. Full Nelson which gets countered. Both men now exchange pins. Belly 2 Belly Suplex from Danielson. BACK DROP DRIVER FROM KENTA !!! SUPLEXES FROM BOTH MEN !!! Both men exchange slaps in their worn down state and KENTA gets the better of that. Danielson with a couple of brutal forearms. BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE FROM KENTA !!! Danielson with the Running Forearm. ROARING ELBOW ... ducked. KENTA WITH THE CATTLE MUTILATION ON DANIELSON !!! INTO THE TIGER SUPLE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! KENTA manages to block a Suplex and drops Danielson on the top rope and lands a series of kicks. KENTA to the top rope and Danielson crotches him up there. RUNNING BUCKLE BOMB FROM KENTA AND THE MOMENTUM TAKES HIM TO THE FLOOR !!! RUNNING KNEE TO THE HEAD FROM KENTA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Flurry from KENTA. BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE FROM KENTA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Knee to the back of the head. BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE ... COUNTERED TO THE O'CONNOR ROLL FROM DANIELSON !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! THE CHOKE FROM KENTA !!! GO 2 SLEEP FROM DANIELSON !!! KENTA WITH A FLURRY !!! CATTLE MUTILATION FROM KENTA ... REVERSED TO THE ELBOWS FROM DANIELSON !!! ROARING ELBOW !!! KENTA CATCHES DANIELSON WITH THE GO 2 SLEEP ... COUNTERED TO A TIGER SUPLEX !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT RIGHT INTO A PINFALL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! KENTA WITH THE GO 2 SLEEP !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That final exchange of reversals was absolutely astonishing. Fans "match of the year" but it wasn't quite that good. They worked a Japanese style methodical match and for some reason the audience wasn't buying into it for a while which I thought hurt the match. The action was good and steady though and they didn't f**k much up. ****1/4

Austin Aries and Roderick Strong © vs. AJ Styles and Matt Sydal - ROH World Tag Team Championships - ROH Fourth Anniversary Show

Sydal and Strong are going to get this match going. Lockup and Sydal goes behind and Strong with the wristlock. Lots of flipping around from Sydal to escape. Strong goes to the leg, and Sydal tries to find a way out. He eventually does. They lock hands and Sydal then has the wrists of Strong. Drop Toe Hold from Strong and then he rips at the face of Sydal. Sydal kicks Strong in the face after being mocked. Arm Drag from Sydal and then a Monkey Flip sees Strong land on his feet. Sydal lands on his feet from a Hiptoss and then in comes AJ Styles. Styles goes behind and Strong with a Hammerlock. Both men counter and then Strong with some flipping, only to get an Arm Drag given to him. Austin Aries comes into the match. Lockup and a Headlock from Aries and then he goes behind. Arm Ringer from Styles and then Aries tries to escape only to have it applied again. Aries with a forearm and a Headlock. Arm Ringer from Styles but that gets turned into a Headlock from Aries. Aries into the ropes but he puts on the breaks, and gets a Headlock Takedown and a Side Headlock. Against the ropes and forearms from Styles. Aries catches Styles with a Headlock when he drops down. Styles with the Head Scissors and then he sees the Dropkick coming. Aries with a big chop and Styles with the same. Lockup and then Sydal tags in and gets some boots. Hiptoss and that gets a two count. Aries into the corner and the High Knee from Sydal. Styles back into the ring and he lands the big Knee Drop for a two count. Suplex from Styles and that gets a two count. Forearms from both Styles and Aries. Strong tags into the match and punches to the stomach from Strong and then he lands a BIG chop. Backbreaker from Strong. That gets a two count. Camel Clutch then follows that as Generation Next are beginning to take control of the match. Drop Down/Dropkick combo from GN as Aries comes in. Front Facelock from Aries. Punches to the stomach from Styles. Aries catches a kick, but then Styles lands the Kip Up Rana. Strong picks up Styles and lands chops, but then Styles lands a Dropkick. Styles goes for a Plancha, and then Aries stops him with the Slingshot Clothesline got a two count. Body Slam from Strong and a Slingshot Spinning Splash from Aries gets a two count. Strong tagged back in. Back Drop Suplex gets a two count for Strong. Knees to the stomach from Styles. Kick to the face from Strong. He then lands the Delayed Vertical Suplex on Styles and that gets a two count. Sydal comes in just incase Styles didn't kick out. Styles into the corner and Aries with the Clothesline. Aries tagged in and he gets a Northern Lights Suplex for a two count. Strong then comes into the ring and a Butterfly Suplex from Strong and then he gets a Chinlock. Styles reaches the bottom rope. Kick to the face from Strong and then he drapes Styles over the apron and lands a chop. Back in and Aries is tagged. Sidewalk Slam from Aries and that gets a two count. Aries with the Neck Twist and Styles with elbows. PELE KICK FROM STYLES !!! Sydal into the ring and a Spinning Heel Kick and Clotheslines. INVERTED FAMEASSER FROM SYDAL !!! Strong into the ropes and Strong gets sweeped. STANDING MOONSAULT FROM SYDAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Strong with a chop and that one changed the momentum. More of the same for Sydal. Enziguri from Sydal and then a Dropkick sends him to the floor. Sydal goes to the top rope but Aries stops him. Styles attacks. PESCADO FROM STYLES !!! HEAT SEEKING MISSILE FROM ARIES !!! MOONSAULT OFF THE TOP ROPE TO THE FLOOR FROM SYDAL !!! Did I just hear that twat that does the horn after big spots from CZW ? Sydal and Strong back in and Sydal gets a two count. Sydal runs into an elbow, but then lands a nice Head Scissor Takedown for a two count. Into the corner and Styles tagged into the match. HARD forearm from Styles. Sweet f**k. Strong into the ropes and a Backbreaker from Styles and that gets a two count. Sydal comes back into the ring. Double Suplex from the challengers gets a two count and Sydal with the Front Facelock. School Boy gets another two count. Strong to the floor. Strong onto the apron. Sydal tries to keep him there but Strong manages to get back in. Forearm exchange leads to Styles tagging in and landing some boots. Forearms from Styles. Front Facelock from Styles. DDT FROM STYLES !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Into the corner and in comes Sydal. Double Stomp from Sydal and then Strong tags out after a chop. Missile Dropkick on Sydal from Aries. PENDULUM ELBOW FROM ARIES !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Sydal blocks a Suplex. Jawbreaker from Sydal. BRUTAL POWERBOMB FROM ARIES !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... STYLES SAVES !!! CRADLE BREAKER FROM STYLES TO ARIES !!! Strong comes in. Forearm on Styles. DOUBLE QUEDABRA DDT FROM STYLES !!! SYDAL WITH THE COVER !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! DOUBLE KICKS FROM THE CHALLENGERS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... STRONG SAVES !!! Styles onto the apron. Styles takes a NASTY bump on the top rope. BRUTAL KICK FROM STRONG !!! TORTURE RACK BACKBREAKER FROM STRONG !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! HART ATTACK ON STYLES !!! They go back to Sydal. GORILLA PRESS DOUBLE KNEE GUTBUSTER !!! BRAINBUSTER FROM ARIES !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... STYLES SAVE !!! WRIST CLUTCH BACK DROP DRIVER FROM STYLES TO STRONG !!! SYDAL WITH THE SHOOTING STAR PRESS ON ARIES !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... FOOT ON THE BOTTOM ROPE !!! STYLES CLASH ... STRONG BREAKS WITH THE SICK KICK !!! HERE IT IS DRIVER ... blocked. HALF NELSON BACKBREAKER !!! 450 SPLASH !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

What was the deal with the hot tag with heels ? What sort of a stupid moron thought that this would be a good idea ? The match itself was really really good though. It's amazing just how polished the offense of Sydal was, so you can see why he was snapped up by WWE. Aries and Strong were absolutely awesome as tag team champs. ****1/4

The Best of Gregory Shane Helms Part One

The only problem I have with this nomination is that I might end up having to watch Shannon Moore as well. This is something that I take issue with.

3 Count vs. The Filthy Animals - WCW Thunder 26/07/2000 ( ** )

3 Count vs. Yung Dragons vs. Jamie Noble and Evan Karagias, Ladder Match - WCW Starrcade 2000 ( ***1/2 )

The Hurricane © vs. Spike Dudley - WWE European Championship - WWE RAW 20/01/2001 ( N/A )

The Hurricane © vs. Bradshaw - WWE European Championship - WWE RAW 22/10/2001 ( ** )

The Hurricane and Mighty Molly vs. Tajiri and Torrie Wilson - WWE RAW 29/10/2001 ( *1/2 )

Gregory Helms © vs. Super Crazy - WWE Cruiserweight Championship - WWE Judgment Day 2006 ( **1/4 )

Gregory Helms vs. Matt Hardy - WWE Great American Bash 2006 ( *** )

Gregory Helms © vs. Jimmy Wang Yang - WCW Cruiserweight Championship - WWE Armageddon 2006 ( **1/2 )

Paul London and Brian Kendrick vs. Gregory Helms and Chavo Guerrero - WWE Tag Team Championships - WWE Smackdown 06/04/2007 ( **1/2 )

Shelton Benjamin © vs. Hurricane Helms - WWE United States Championship - WWE Smackdown 26/12/2008 ( *** )

Jason Styles © vs. The Hurricane - BTW Heavyweight Championship - BTW 16/07/2010 ( **3/4 )

3 Count vs. The Filthy Animals - WCW Thunder 26/07/2000

For the record, watching Tank Abbott in a dance contest is a very sad sight indeed. Right, we have Juice and Rey against Moore and Helms, and thanks to the Yung Dragons, Helms is in trouble right away. German Suplex avoided from Juice. Helms into the ropes. CROSS ARM GERMAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! REY SAVES !!! Rey tagged in. Springboard Clothesline gets a two count for Rey. Moore into the ring. BRUTAL POWERBOMB ON REY !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Moore tagged back in and he lands a Slingshot Senton. Rey knocks down Helms. SLEEPER DROP FROM MOORE !!! ONE ! TWO ! JUICE SAVES !!! Moore into the boot. X-FACTOR FROM JUICE !!! WASSUP LEG DROP FROM THE ANIMALS !!! THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW FROM JUICE ... MISSES !!! Leg Drop from Moore. LIONSAULT ... MISSES !!! SUPERKICK FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE .. KICKOUT !!! TILT-A-WHIRL SUNSET FLIP FROM REY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... SAVED !!! TKO/NECKBREAKER COMBO FROM THE COUNT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... SAVED !!! Helms to the floor. Head Scissors out there. JUVVY DRIVER FROM JUICE !!! 450 SPLASH !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

CRAZY amount of action in this one. Started shiftily and then they just went out and completely unloaded everything they could fit into the short time that they had. Great fun. **

3 Count vs. Yung Dragons vs. Jamie Noble and Evan Karagias, Ladder Match - WCW Starrcade 2000

It's pretty weird that the best guy in this match is one of two guys in it that never signed for WWE. That guy being Kaz Hayashi. Moore and Kaz are getting the match started. Moore avoids a Back Drop Suplex but gets taken down. I'm clearly gonna have trouble keeping up. Moore blows a Belly 2 Belly Suplex. That guy really is crap. Rana from Kaz. Tilt-a-Whirl Arm Drag blown by Moore. He goes for a ladder and Evan stops him. In comes Yang and Helms. Helms has words for the crowd. They're not pleasant either. Helms runs for the ladders which causes everyone else. Moore and Helms now go for the gold and the Dragons come in and push them off and then send them over the top rope. The Dragons now climb and Evan and Noble enter. Yang Dropkicks the ladder into them. LIONSAULT ON THE LADDER ONTO EVAN AND NOBLE !!! Head first into the announce table goes Moore. Ladder laid horizontally across the middle rope. Drop Toe Hold sends Helms into it. Double Back Body Drop onto the ladder is blown. Noble now goes for the gold. Ladder set in the corner again horizontally. Evan and Noble now argue about going for the gold. Yang Dropkicks Noble into Evan. Ladder set against the corner. Noble is whipped into that ladder. Moore is sat on the horizontal ladder. MOORE LEAPS INTO A GUTBUSTER !!! CORKSCREW MOONSAULT OFF OF THE HORIZONTAL LADDER FROM YANG TO MOORE !!! In comes Helms. SOMERSAULT PLANCHA OVER THE TOP FROM HELMS !!! KAZ WITH AN INSANE DIVE !!! SPRINGBOARD PLANCHA FROM EVAN !!! TOP ROPE ASAI MOONSAULT FROM MOORE !!! Noble now goes for the shot. NOBLE IS PUSHED ONTO EVERYONE !!! Yang bridges the top rope and the middle rung of the ladder with another ladder. Evan heads for the contract. KAZ GETS TAKEN OFF OF THAT WITH A POWERSLAM !!! MOORE SPRINGS OFF OF THAT LADDER WITH A FAMEASSER !!! That looked way botched. Helms and Noble are now on the ladder bridge. SWINGING NECKBREAKER OFF OF THE LADDER BRIDGE FROM HELMS TO NOBLE !!! Moore with a Dropkick through the ladder on Yang and then he goes for the contract. Yang and Moore climbing side by side. Helms and Noble climb the other side. SUNSET BOMB FROM NOBLE TO HELMS OFF OF THE LADDER !!! Moore and Yang do battle. SLEEPER DROP OFF OF THE LADDER FROM MOORE TO YANG !!! Evan has a kinda big ladder. Noble is now going for the gold and Leia Meow jumps into the ring and pulls him off. She heads for the floor. Loads of ladders in the ring now. Ladder set against the corner now. Backbreaker on Kaz. Palm Strike. CROSS ARM ICONOCLASM/POWERBOMB COMBO FROM THE DRAGONS TO EVAN !!! The Dragons then build a ladder scaffold. Kaz gets thrown into a ladder. The same result for Yang. 3 Count then go for it. Noble and Evan come in. NOBLE WITH A TOMBSTONE ON MOORE !!! Evan beats down Helms as Noble climbs. Noble gets kicked down. KAZ FALLS OFF OF THE SCAFFOLD BACKWARDS !!! KAZ GETS KICKED OFF OF THE SCAFFOLD AND HE HITS THE TOP ROPE !!! Yang and Helms now do battle. MOORE WITH A SWINGING HEAD SCISSOR TAKEDOWN AND THAT TAKES OFF YANG !!! NOBLE IS HIPTOSSED OFF OF THE LADDER !!! THREE COUNT WIN !!!

This is fucking madness. Some of the spots in this match are absolutely insane and you can't help but credit the men involved. The match was sloppy as f**k though. Especially Shannon Moore who appeared to be looking for the world record for most number of botched spots in a ladder match. I think RVD and Sabu have that record incidentally. ***1/2

The Hurricane © vs. Spike Dudley - WWE European Championship - WWE Smackdown 20/01/2001

Poke to the eye and then he puts his cape in the corner. Back Drop Suplex is avoided and then Spike with a Clothesline. Helms runs into a boot and then another poke in the eye from Helms. TKO into the knee and a Neckbreaker from Helms. Right hands from Helms. SUPERKICK ... misses. Hiptoss from Spike and then a Flying Forearm and a Neckbreaker and he heads for the top rope. PLANCHA ONTO MIKE AWESOME WHO TURNED UP !!! SUPERKICK FROM HELMS !!! He then gets the cape. Body Slam on Spike and he heads for the top rope. TOP ROPE SPLASH ... HITS A FOOT !!! ACID DROP ... STOPPED BY AWESOME !!! HANGING FINAL CUT FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Too short to be rated really. N/A

The Hurricane © vs. Bradshaw - WWE European Championship - WWE RAW 22/10/2001

This is another short RAW match. JR goes on a hell of a rant at Heyman about 18 cell phones and such things. Bizarre. Lockup and a takedown from Bradshaw. Helms then charges into a shoulder charge. Helms charges and gets sent to the floor. Molly gets in the way of Bradshaw. PLANCHA OFF THE TOP ... Bradshaw catches him. Back into the ring and a Headbutt from Bradshaw. Club to the back of Helms and he's taking quite the beating at the start of this one. SUPERKICK FROM HELMS !!! He then lands a pair of Dropkicks. Suplex attempt from Hurricane, and that's blocked and Bradshaw gets a Delayed Vertical Suplex. Bradshaw then clubs on Helms and gets a Neckbreaker. Molly to the top rope and Bradshaw catches her. FALLAWAY SLAM ON MOLLY !!! That sends her all of the way out of the ring. Hurricane into the ropes and he hits a Clothesline. CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

He actually won that title ? How did that one slip under the radar ? It was harmless stuff this really and the inclusion of Molly into the match was amusing. Hurricane was great as the wannabe superhero against the bigger man. **

The Hurricane and Mighty Molly vs. Tajiri and Torrie Wilson - WWE RAW 29/10/2001

This is gonna be real short, but I did say anything that looks slightly appealing. Lockup and Helms with a Headlock and a takedown. Tajiri with the first big kick. Tajiri then spins Holly around. HANDSPRING BACK ELBOW ... RIGHT INTO THE SUPERKICK !!! Into the corner and Helms whipped in. Swinging Neckbreaker from Helms. Suplex blocked from Tajiri. SUPERKICK FROM TAJIRI !!! Man, this is gonna be CRAZY short. Torrie and Molly tagged in. Me loves Torrie. Torrie with the hairtoss. Hiptoss follows that. HANDSPRING BACK ELBOW FROM TORRIE !!! Slap for Torrie. CLOTHESLINE KNOCKS DOWN TORRIE FROM HELMS !!! OCTOPUS ON HELMS !!! HOLLY ROLLS UP TORRIE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That was great fun while it lasted ! *1/2

Gregory Helms © vs. Super Crazy - WWE Cruiserweight Championship - WWE Judgment Day 2006

Crazy gets the fans behind him early. Lockup and Crazy gets a School Boy for a two count. Jacknife cover gets the same and then a Crucifix. Crazy avoids being thrown to the floor. Drop Toe Hold and a La Magistral Cradle from Crazy gets a two. Clothesline sends Helms over the top rope. The referee stops Crazy from making a dive over the top rope much to the annoyance of the crowd. SOMERSAULT PLANCHA OVER THE REFEREE FROM CRAZY !!! Back in for a two count. Crazy with the spanish punches. HELMS WITH THE HOT SHOT !!! Swinging Neckbreaker from Helms and that gets a two count. Neckbreaker again gets a two count. Head and Arm Crossface from Helms. That's a nice modification on the usual. Crazy then fights out but runs into a Back Elbow. Clubbing blows to the back of the head from Helms gets a two count. Helms locks in that Chinlock again. Crazy blocks a Suplex and then gets a Snap Suplex of his own. Helms has the arms caught and lands a bunch of knees to the head and that gets a two count. Chinlock again from Helms. Crazy fights out and runs into a Sleeper Hold. Crazy gets a two count from a Victory Roll. Knee to the head from Helms. Second Rope Elbow Drop misses for Helms. Right hands from Crazy. He runs into an elbow. Tilt-a-Whirl Backbreaker from Crazy and then strikes. Dropkick. STANDING MOONSAULT !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Crazy onto the apron. MISSILE DROPKICK FROM CRAZY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! MOONSAULT OFF THE TOP ... MISSES !!! SHINING WIZARD ... ducked. Spinning Heel Kick gets a two count for Helms. Body Slam from Crazy is avoided and Helms lands a Neckbreaker. Crazy into the corner and a charge missed. SCHOOL BOY WITH THE TRUNKS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! THE FINAL CUT ... blocked. Crazy runs into a boot. BLOCKBUSTER FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Chop from Crazy. ALLEYOOP INTO THE TOP BUCKLE !!! POWERBOMB FROM HELMS !!! HE USES THE ROPES !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Very disappointing stuff from both men. Helms spent absolutely yonks in the chinlock with Crazy which completely killed the momentum of the match. Super Crazy was never all that good in the first place so expecting him to provide the pace in the match was silly. **1/4

Gregory Helms vs. Matt Hardy - WWE Great American Bash 2006

There's something about non-title matches on PPV that does my head in. Lockup and into the corner they go. We have a clean break from there. Lockup again and Helms pushes out of the corner. Arm Drag from Hardy. Lockup and Hardy goes to the arm and then a Headlock from Hardy. Hiptoss and a Headlock Takedown followed by a Side Headlock from Hardy. Helms gets to his feet and he fights out and sends Hardy into the ropes. Hardy then mocks Helms. Helms is PISSED. Manhattan Drop and then a Clothesline sends Helms to the floor. PESCADO FROM HARDY !!! Back into the ring they go and that gets a one count. School Boy gets the same result. Neck Snap over the top rope from Helms and then a Swinging Neckbreaker. That gets a two count. Choke over the middle rope from Helms. Neckbreaker again from Helms and that gets another two count. Chinlock with the arm trapped from Helms and Hardy manages to roll onto his stomach which relieves some of the pressure. He then fights out of the move and gets a Jawbreaker. Clothesline from Helms gives the momentum back and that gets a two count. Helms gets the Chinlock with the arm and then an Arm Drag from Hardy. Helms to the middle rope and he mocks Hardy, but he jumps into right hands. Russian Legsweep from Hardy and that gets a two count. Side Effect is blocked and that gets a two count for Helms. Helms heads for the top rope and a right hand from Hardy. SUPERPLEX ... Helms blocks that. TOP ROPE SWINGING NECKBREAKER FROM HELMS !!! "Right out of the playbook of JBL !" "You've never been to the top rope in your life !" :lol: That gets a two count in any case. Snapmare from Helms and an Elbow Drop and then a Chinlock. Hardy escapes but runs into a European Uppercut. Right hands from both men now. Forearms from Hardy. Clothesline is ducked. SIDE EFFECT FROM HARDY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Helms into the corner and a Clothesline into the Bulldog from Hardy gets a two count. Body Slam countered. Same now for both guys. INVERTED UNPRETTIER FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Helms into the ropes. SHINING WIZARD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Hardy gets set on the top rope and he then knocks Helms down. MOONSAULT PRESS FROM HARDY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Hardy to the middle rope. Leaping Elbow to the head gets a two count for Hardy. Into the corner and a right hand from Hardy. HOT SHOT ONTO THE TOP BUCKLE !!! SCHOOL BOY WITH THE TIGHTS FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

This was extremely solid stuff. I liked the fact that they let you know how well they know each other with the counters to the familiar moves and both men needing to hit variations of moves rather than the trademark moves themselves. ***

Gregory Helms © vs. Jimmy Wang Yang - WCW Cruiserweight Championship - WWE Armageddon 2006

Yang is about as over as Drew McIntyre on a bad day. JBL is not happy with Yang's character, although loves him as a wrestler. Lockup and into the corner. They push each other. Lockup again and Yang goes behind. Helms does the same and gets a takedown. Quick reversals from both men and we have a stalemate early. Lockup and into the corner they go. Slap from Helms and then Yang with forearms. Clothesline from Yang. Yang misses a Moonsault Press and Helms gets to the floor. Helms into the ring and he lands some kicks and stomps. Choke with the boot from Helms, but then Yang gets a Dropkick. Suplex from Yang gets a two count. Kimura from Yang. Knees from Yang and then he misses a Spinning Heel Kick and ends up on the floor. Baseball Slide from Helms. SWINGING NECKBREAKER ON THE FLOOR FROM HELMS !!! Back into the ring they go. That gets a two count for the champ. Helms stretches Yang over the top rope and then gets a Neck Snap. Snapmare and then the Leg Drop from Helms. A Chinlock from Helms. Yang fights out and he runs into the Back Elbow. Helms then chokes with the boot. Helms says he's gonna win the gold. Neckbreaker over the knee from Helms and that gets a two count. Right hand from Helms and then Yang comes back with a chop. Helms is sent over the top rope and to the floor. Yang to the top. TOP ROPE PLANCHA FROM YANG TO HELMS !!! Back into the ring and a two count from Yang. HOT SHOT FROM HELMS !!! Helms then chokes Yang. Helms with some sort of Crossface but he doesn't have the arm trapped. Yang fights out as a result. Into the ropes and a Victory Roll from Yang for a two count. HUGE Clothesline out of the corner from Yang. Yang then comes back with right hands. Helms sends him into the ropes. Flying Forearm and a Clothesline from Yang. Back Body Drop from Yang. Spinning Heel Kick in the corner and then to the top rope. Missile Dropkick gets a two count. Yang misses a charge and hits the post. Both men on the apron now. TOP ROPE SWINGING NECKBREAKER FROM HELMS !!! Helms then heads to the top rope. HIGH CROSS BODY ... RIGHT INTO THE SPINNING HEEL KICK FROM YANG !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Helms into the corner and Yang runs into an elbow. CORKSCREW MOONSAULT FROM YANG ... MISSES !!! CODEBREAKER FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That was solid enough action. The fans appeared to be really wanting to get behind it, but both guys seemed to be moving at half pace for most of the way. **1/2

Paul London and Brian Kendrick vs. Gregory Helms and Chavo Guerrero - WWE Tag Team Championships - WWE Smackdown 06/04/2007

Opening the match will be London and Helms. Helms attacks from behind when Chavo distracts. Right hands in the corner from Helms and then kicks. Into the corner and in comes Chavo. Kick to the stomach and then a European Uppercut. Choke over the middle rope from Chavo and then Helms gets some shots in. Helms in and we have a Double Suplex and that gets a two count. Snapmare and a Leg Drop from Helms. Rake of the face over the top rope from Helms. Chavo now tagged in and he continues the work. Back Drop Suplex gets a two count for Chavo. Chavo with a Dropkick gets a two count. London into the ropes and he gets the Tilt-a-Whirl Head Scissors and Kendrick comes in and gets the same. London with another. Chavo sent out of the ring with one. STEREO SUICIDE DIVES FROM KENDRICK AND LONDON !!! We go to a commercial break and when we come back, Helms and Chavo are in control. Waistlock from Helms. It's Kendrick in trouble at this point. REVOLUTION BACKBREAKER FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Helms then chokes Kendrick. Into the ring comes Chavo. Chavo with a Dropkick to the face and then he stomps on the face of Kendrick. Forearms from Kendrick, but then Chavo with a Standing Senton Bomb. Backbreaker/Elbow combo from the heels and that gets a two count. TKO ONTO THE TOP ROPE FROM HELMS !!! Rights and lefts in the corner and then Chavo gets some cheap shots in behind the back of the referee. Front Facelock from Chavo. In comes Helms again and he lands a Knee Drop for a two count. London then sent off of the apron which allows another double team. Dropkick from Kendrick and he tags out. London with elbows to both men and Superkicks. Spinning Heel Kicks for both guys too. Manhattan Drop and a Rana from London. Into the corner. DOUBLE STOMP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD FROM LONDON !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... CHAVO SAVES !!! London with an Arm Drag on Chavo. SCHOOL BOY FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Kicks to the side. THE FINAL CUT FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KENDRICK SAVES !!! Chavo to the top and that's stopped. POWERBOMB/SLICED BREAD #2 FROM THE CHAMPS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That was good solid tag team wrestling. Just as well Chavo spent most of the match on the apron as I can't stand that boring c**t. London and Kendrick have some really cool tag team traits. Especially the doing the same moves as each other and to both opponents. **1/2

Shelton Benjamin © vs. Hurricane Helms - WWE United States Championship - WWE Smackdown 26/12/2008

Apparently Helms has some wins over Shelton at this point. Lockup and Shelton goes behind and then takes Helms down. Helms into the bottom rope. Lockup and a takedown from Helms. Lockup and a knee and then right hands from Shelton. Elbow strikes to the back of the head, but then Helms with right hands. Helms into the ropes and then he hits the breaks. "What's up with that ?!". Clothesline sends Shelton to the floor and then Shelton to the top rope. TOP ROPE PLANCHA FROM HELMS AND A BEAUTY !!! Back into the ring and a couple of roll ups get a two count. Snapmare and then a Senton Splash gets a two count for Helms. Helms to the top rope and Shelton rolls away. Helms gets back down and walks into a catapult. BUCKLE BOMB FROM SHELTON !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! We go to commercials. We're back and the resthold of choice is a Chinlock. That gets changed to some kind of Half Nelson. Shelton lets go and drops knees on the head of Helms. Chinlock again from Shelton. Helms comes back, but Shelton lands a lovely Neckbreaker and that gets a two count. Chinlock with added Body Scissors. Helms gets over Shelton and lays a stomp right on the gut of Shelton. Right hands from Helms and then sent into the corner. HARD European Uppercut from Helms and then a Clothesline and the fans get behind Helms. Kick misses. SCHOOL BOY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Another one gets the same result for Helms. THE FINAL CUT FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! RANA FROM HELMS TO COUNTER A POWERBOMB !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Shelton up top. Sunset Flip ... misses. THE SHINING WIZARD FROM HELMS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Spin Kick from Shelton. PAYDIRT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

With the way the final stretch was going, you just knew that Shelton was going to get the win out of nowhere. There was no way that Hurricane was going to win after getting so many nearfalls one after the other. This was a cracking wee match though. ***

Jason Styles © vs. The Hurricane - BTW Heavyweight Championship - BTW 16/07/2010

So this is what Helms has been up to since he left WWE ? Styles wants the fans to clap for him but he wants none of it. Styles says that Hurricane was pulling the hair. Lockup and into the corner they go and we have a right hand and then Styles heads for the floor and does some more taunting. There's a fan at ringside who is majorly pissed at him. Lockup and into the corner they go. Hurricane comes back with right hands and then sent into the ropes. Body Slam and another from Hurricane. CHOKESLAM ... Styles heads for the floor and he sits on the lap of a guy at ringside. He then opts for a seat. Hurricane then heads for the floor and he raises the hand of a fan who is slightly drunk. Lockup and Hurricane with an Arm Ringer. Arm Drag and then a Leg Drop on the arm. Overhead Wristlock from Hurricane. Knee to the stomach from Styles to get out and then Hurricane into the ropes. Hurricane hits the breaks. He pulls down the top rope. PESCADO FROM HURRICANE !!! Right hands from Hurricane. To the top rope goes Hurricane. Styles crotches Hurricane on the top rope and then goes for the cover with use of the ropes and gets a two count. Styles once again taunts the crowd. Head of Hurricane draped across the apron and elbow strikes. Styles back into the ring. Knee Drop from Styles and that gets a two count. Backslide from Helms is blocked and a Short Arm Clothesline from Styles. That gets a two count. Chinlock from Styles. Double Clothesline and both men are down. Both men battle to the feet and both men with right hands. Knee to the stomach and Styles runs into Clotheslines. Styles runs into an elbow and Helms to the top rope. HIGH CROSS BODY FROM HURRICANE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! CHOKESLAM ... Styles out. STYLES DRIVER FROM STYLES !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! STYLES DRIVER ... countered. CODEBREKER FROM HURRICANE !!! THE FINAL CUT FROM HURRICANE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Kick misses. SCHOOL BOY FROM STYLES AND A TIGHT PULL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

This was the kind of match I was expecting from them. It was pretty simple kiddy show stuff and Styles did a great job at winding the fans up, causing one guy to nearly get chucked out of the hall, and just not stopping. Hurricane just broke out the usual spots for the audience. **3/4