The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It's one thing to get people talking, but it's another to get people watching.

Nobody gives a f**k about Sheamus. Certainly not enough to stop any potential viewers going and watching TNA.

Infact, I'd rather watch Strictly Come Dancing than watch a brand that has that useless pillock as the champion.

Why so much hate for Sheamus? I don't remember you always being like that.

Why so much hate for Sheamus? I don't remember you always being like that.

I think it's more to do with his position. If he mingles in the midcard fair enough. Give him the US Title and I still wouldn't care.

The other thing that bothers me is that the guy gets practically zero reaction. I know that there isn't really that many stars in WWE at the moment, but usually you have to actually give a shit about someone before they see the top spot.

It's who you know though, and Sheamus knows some powerful people.

ECW has served it's purpose by bringing through new superstars and has been enjoyable to watch, although the ECW Homecoming tournament idea may be the start of the end of ECW.

I reckon it's a great idea as Christian doesn't really have anyone else to face on ECW and it involves superstars who don't have any storylines going right now. Looking at the former ECW champions; Big Show, Kane, Matt Hardy, Jack Swagger, CM Punk and Chavo Guerrero are likely to be involved in the tournament.

Those who progress go into an over the top Battle Royal with the winner facing Christian and i reckon that man will be CM Punk.

I think it's more to do with his position. If he mingles in the midcard fair enough. Give him the US Title and I still wouldn't care.

The other thing that bothers me is that the guy gets practically zero reaction. I know that there isn't really that many stars in WWE at the moment, but usually you have to actually give a shit about someone before they see the top spot.

It's who you know though, and Sheamus knows some powerful people.

He seemed to get a decent round of boos on Raw when he came out for his Slammy, and there was quite a good cheer when he beat Cena, although that could be more to do with the fact parts of the crowd were just glad the belt was off him.

It was a very bold move by WWE to put the world title on Sheamus, and alongside Drew winning the IC, it has jumpstarted my interest in wrestling again. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with Sheamus on top, and I hope he at least makes it to the Rumble with the title. I would imagine the kids in the crowd will be very vocal since he took the title off their beloved Cena, so it could be completely different in a month or so. On the other hand, it could go the opposite way and WWE could end up ramming Sheamus down our throats until the crowd goes against him, be it hatred for his character or simply hatred for the man himself.

I think the whole thing is very refreshing, and it certainly gets you thinking. Who knows what could happen next.

He seemed to get a decent round of boos on Raw when he came out for his Slammy, and there was quite a good cheer when he beat Cena, although that could be more to do with the fact parts of the crowd were just glad the belt was off him.

That was also to do with the shock factor of Sheamus winning the belt too. One of them collective "WHAT ?!?!" that comes now and again.

Not seen RAW yet, and won't untill he loses the belt, but the gold does bring with it some form of recognition, so it's no real surprise that he's beginning to get some attention. Of course, this could be a new way of instant elevation. I don't think they've really attempted this before.

It was a very bold move by WWE to put the world title on Sheamus, and alongside Drew winning the IC, it has jumpstarted my interest in wrestling again. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with Sheamus on top, and I hope he at least makes it to the Rumble with the title. I would imagine the kids in the crowd will be very vocal since he took the title off their beloved Cena, so it could be completely different in a month or so. On the other hand, it could go the opposite way and WWE could end up ramming Sheamus down our throats until the crowd goes against him, be it hatred for his character or simply hatred for the man himself.

Drew taking the IC Title wasn't that bold a move because interest in IC Title has always been a bit dwindling. It has had some cracking holders recently, but the holder doesn't have the burden of being the top guy on his brand or even close. When comedy jobber Santino has held a title, it becomes fair game to anyone.

I can actually see Sheamus making it to the Rumble and losing a rematch to Cena. If they play this right then they COULD have Sheamus as a major contender in the future. If they do what they did with Punk's first reign then he's got no chance. He's a big guy who's not too bad on the mic, so they do have a base there.

I think the whole thing is very refreshing, and it certainly gets you thinking. Who knows what could happen next.

You're right here. There is a real sense that if someone gets a title shot on a PPV, they can win it no matter who they are, which is good.

So Bret Hart is coming in for a prolonged program with Vince, timed nicely around Hogan's TNA debut, according to the Wrestling Observer.

I'd like to see him team up with the Hart Dynasty to take on DX, personally.

Also, that ECW tournament sounds pretty cool. With a lot of other high-profile guys having held the ECW strap, Punk winning the tournament would be a nice way to nudge him back up to the main event scene. He could dedicate it to Jeff Hardy, of course. :P

Drew taking the IC Title wasn't that bold a move because interest in IC Title has always been a bit dwindling. It has had some cracking holders recently, but the holder doesn't have the burden of being the top guy on his brand or even close. When comedy jobber Santino has held a title, it becomes fair game to anyone.

Yeah, I didn't mean that was a bold move, I was only talking about Sheamus. I was just saying that Sheamus winning the world title and Drew winning the IC has me curious, and I'll be following the going on in WWE for the forseeable future.

Forget my RAW boycott.

The Hitman makes his return on January 4th. Not kidding. I'll put it in my usual big writing.

WWE have signed Bret Hart in a 4 month contract.

Holy shit, i can't wait for that confrontation with Shawn Michaels! :D

I'm guessing he'll be the manager of the Hart Dynasty? If so, then the Hart Dynasty is certainly going places.

Ive still no caught up much wae watchin wrestling. Still a few episodes behind. I couldn't resist coming in here tonight though. Sheer amount of posts had me knowing that something big was going down and is it ever. Bret Fucking Hart! I reckon he will make his debut on the January 4th show now. Estimated ratings scores: TNA - 1.1 WWE - 4.1

Bret might not be just coming in to manage or be a GM - Rumour is that Bret is having a match. Presumably, Bret/Vince in a street fight?

From the Observer: A source tells Meltzer that Bret Hart has signed a talent contract with WWE from 1/1 to 4/10 meaning the January 4th Raw through to WrestleMania 26. He's agreed to do an angle based off Survivor Series 1997 and has agreed to one match (probably against Vince @ WM, but that's just a guess on my part).... A second DVD (expected to be Hart Foundation material) is part of the deal.

Haven't watched the wrestling in a while but I do try to keep up to date with it.

Bret Hart returning is good news, I don't know what his wrestling capabilities are due to his long spell out and of course his ill health but it's certainly interesting.

4 months aswell, probably just enough time to drag as much out of the Montreal Screwjob as they can. My only worry is that it means Shawn Michaels taking the back seat in the fued and looking at the lights again, as theres no way Bret's signing a 4 month contract to lose to anyone.