The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Fck, didn't realise it was an early start. What happened in the first 15 mins?

Cena/Punk announced for tonight.

Orton opened the show, did the usual thing, demanded a title shot etc. Ventura came out, said he was sick of the same people being in the Main Event and announced that the next challenger for a world title will be someone who has never won the world title before - so there's going to be qualifier matches throughout the night only for those who have never won a World Title, with the winners going through to a "Breakthrough" Battle Royal later tonight.

Then Kofi beat Ziggler.

Edit - Also, Hart Dynasty v DX Tonight. That'll be interesting.

Edited by tm91

Fck, didn't realise it was an early start. What happened in the first 15 mins?

Jesse Ventura made a breakthrough challenge thing where only guys who have never been world champion are allowed to enter. They have qualifying matches and then a battle royal at the end to decide the new number 1 contender. Kofi Kingston beat Dolph Ziggler in the first qualifier.

Main event tonight is Cena vs CM Punk

Cena/Punk announced for tonight.

Orton opened the show, did the usual thing, demanded a title shot etc. Ventura came out, said he was sick of the same people being in the Main Event and announced that the next challenger for a world title will be someone who has never won the world title before - so there's going to be qualifier matches throughout the night only for those who have never won a World Title, with the winners going through to a "Breakthrough" Battle Royal later tonight.

Then Kofi beat Ziggler.

Edit - Also, Hart Dynasty v DX Tonight. That'll be interesting.

Jesse Ventura made a breakthrough challenge thing where only guys who have never been world champion are allowed to enter. They have qualifying matches and then a battle royal at the end to decide the new number 1 contender. Kofi Kingston beat Dolph Ziggler in the first qualifier.

Main event tonight is Cena vs CM Punk

Cheers lads. :)

When Ventura was announcing the Battle Royal thing, I instantly thought it was obvious Kofi was getting the shot. But now I think it'll be Sheamus that'll get the shot at Cena and Randy will probably cost Kofi the Battle Royal.

Donno. They need to chuck ECW, it's a joke that the ECW title is considered a world title.

Even though it is a World Title, I dont think it is seen in WWE as a World Title, I think its more on the level of the IC and US titles.

Since 'Taker & Batista ruined returned to Smackdown, ECW is my favourite WWE show :)

I agree, I like ECW now as well. Ever since getting Sky+ in august I've watched it every week because I've had it recorded. Before then I never made a point to watch it. Dont think I would like it as much if Christian weren't on it though.