The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Ah back when Kane was a monster. It's sad to see just how shit he is now. And flabby looking. He should never have lost the mask. Ever since he has, he's just got worse and worse. The period just before he lost the mask he was immense.

Kane in 2002-2003 was great. He's always been a big star but not near Taker's level - I genuinely believe that he could have really made that jump in the right circumstances with his mask on - but instead, we got the Katie Vick thing.

That said, Kane was awesome for a while after his unmasking - the excuse for his lack of burns was stupid, but he was an absolute pyscho, and again he could have ended up a very big heel if handled right. For the sake of his career though, he'd have been better masked.

Also the song is cracking but i jus saw it again on Sky Sports, the replay and they had replaced it with some gerneric pish.

I just came on here to say that too, was just watching ECW I had recorded and it was some generic song, they also added more to the video with highlights from Raw on monday.

ONS had some dead weight too; Benoit/Guerrero, and another of those 3 way cruiserweight matches(which I personally like, but if you're being consistent :) ). I think it's more about the overall package though. Plus Anarchy Rulz '99 had the awesome commentary team of Cyrus and Styles, who could make the worst match of all-time watchable with their banter.

From a match standpoint, Heatwave '98 might be best.

I dunno about the three way at ONS. It was too short to be bad and they CRAMMED it with action. You're right about Guerrero/Benoit, and I guess that point was proved by the fact that I completely forgot about it, as I also forgot about Sabu/Rhino. The rest definately provided what was promised though.

Heatwave 1998 was brilliant. The main event is a bit over-rated over time, but damned if it didn't provide the action. If it had the ONS atmosphere, it probably would have been the best ECW PPV.

And yes, Cyrus and Styles were great.

Royal Rumble 2000 was amazing too. Of course there were moments that some of us would rather never seen the light of day, but we can live with the fact that it can be laughed at almost 10 years later, and yes, that IS how long it has taken me to get over that horror.

Don't get me started on Kane.

Source: PWInsider

- WWE has booked a bunch of "little people" for the November 30th RAW taping in Baltimore, Maryland where actor Verne Troyer of Austin Powers fame will be the celebrity host.

:lol:

WWE Superstars will finally be shown over here on starting on Friday, December 5th on Sky1 at 5pm. 'Late Night' editions will be shown on Sky Sports.

There'll also be a 'This Week in WWE' round-up show, presumably replacing Bottom Line, Afterburn and Experience.

It's all part of the new contract WWE have signed with Sky. As long as they keep showing Vintage Collection on Sunday morning's then you won't hear me complaining. :)

WWE Superstars will finally be shown over here on starting on Friday, December 5th on Sky1 at 5pm. 'Late Night' editions will be shown on Sky Sports.

There'll also be a 'This Week in WWE' round-up show, presumably replacing Bottom Line, Afterburn and Experience.

It's all part of the new contract WWE have signed with Sky. As long as they keep showing Vintage Collection on Sunday morning's then you won't hear me complaining. :)

So they finally agreed a new contract, bout bloddy time. Could'nt see it going anywhere else though, especially cause they'd want money for the PPV's they get from Box Office.

Did'nt know they still did Experience, and do they usually show WWE on Sky 1? I never watch Sky 1 and havent noticed WWE on it.

So they finally agreed a new contract, bout bloddy time. Could'nt see it going anywhere else though, especially cause they'd want money for the PPV's they get from Box Office.

Did'nt know they still did Experience, and do they usually show WWE on Sky 1? I never watch Sky 1 and havent noticed WWE on it.

Yeh, Experience is on at 11am on Sunday mornings on Sky1 ... Superstars will also get repeats on Sky2. The deal hasn't 'officially' been announced yet, but the new programming their doing indicates that something has been agreed. Which is quite handy given that the current contract was due to expire at the end of next month.