The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It was SWA I went to put I would like to find out more about other palces before deciding to go back. I'm pretty big too, 6ft 6 and after my first training session I was told that if I kept going I could be pretty decent. Looking back on it now, it was daft to stop going, I should have jus stuck to it.

I only seen him in one match, which was his debut at one of those NXT shows.

That was an absolutely fabulous match. CJ Hunter right ? Both guys tore it down in a WCW cruiser style match for 15 minutes. Super. I don't think he's had as good a match since then.

Just curious, do you know him through going to the shows, or have you known him since before that?

Purely through going to shows.

My mate stuck at it though, and he's well known in Scotland. As far as I know he's doing okay for himself in England/Ireland as well.

That'll be unquestionably the best Scottish wrestling going at the moment, "Bad Boy" Liam Thompson. He's the only one I can think of that has went to Ireland. This guy is something of a miracle worker. Has been in the best Scottish match two years running, and they were two very different matches as well.

He can pretty much adapt to any sort of match. He's going to have the ultimate Scottish dream match with Falcon in May in Maryhill which is probably must-see for any wrestling fan. I'm drooling at the prospect.

As for where to go, The only place I know of is SWA. I don't think BCW have trainees anymore, But I could be wrong.

BCW and PBW now use the SPWA which is based in East Kilbride and, as far as I know, is run by "The Highlander" Colin McKay and Kid Fite.

I'd never train. I'm happy being a fan and I've seen some people who have been jaded a bit by it all. I don't want to get to that stage.

The last time I spoke to KId Fite I was telling him that I was looking to start training again. He was telling me to get down to is gym and he'd be happy to take me and my mate on. So far i think if Iam going to get back into it I'd like to train with him. No disrespect, but the guy who was training us at SWA wasn't exactly an amazing wrestler, so it would be a lot of fun to learn from Kid Fite.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

That'll be unquestionably the best Scottish wrestling going at the moment, "Bad Boy" Liam Thompson. He's the only one I can think of that has went to Ireland. This guy is something of a miracle worker. Has been in the best Scottish match two years running, and they were two very different matches as well.

He can pretty much adapt to any sort of match. He's going to have the ultimate Scottish dream match with Falcon in May in Maryhill which is probably must-see for any wrestling fan. I'm drooling at the prospect.

It's actually Wolfgang. I don't think he's done many appearances in Ireland, But I'm sure he went over and taped a couple of shows around 2006/2007.

I don't really know Liam, I've ended up out with him once or twice and in my drunken state I've spent most of the night shouting "You're a bad boy!" at him.

I've not been to a local show for quite some time, So I didn't know Liam's came on as much as that.

I was planning to go to the show in Killie tonight, but the guy I was going with is doing a double shift. So I'm a bit gutted. Barry told me I could go early with him and do security or something, But I think the best thing about these events is getting drunk beforehand and bringing out the comedy chants.

"Jim's oan steroids..." etc.

I'm also a bit annoyed because I've spent the last few weeks fannying about with someone's music, and I wanted to hear how it's going to turn out after being played at that volume. A part of me thinks I've fucked it up somewhere and it's going to sound horrible!

Edit -= Can't spell.

Edited by Toma_BullyWee

Great night last night. The Kilmarnock crowd were mental. Johnny Moss and Wolfgang had the best match of the night.

I've not been to a local show for quite some time, So I didn't know Liam's came on as much as that.

He's been out injured recently. He HAS come on that much though.

"Jim's oan steroids..."

:lol:

Classic. Shame he doesn't do much anymore up here, as he was actually a really good wrestler.

Don West heel turn :o
I know. :lol:

I actually thought it was a nice wee nod to the cuts they've been doing, but did you see the face of Tenay looking into the camera at the end ? I loved it.

Got it on Sky+ tonight, so I'll be skipping straight to that bit! :D

1.Favourite wrestler everybody ?

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

2.Most famous wrestler you have seen ?

Bret "The Hitman" Hart

EDIT : I just realised Ric Flair might be more popular.

Edited by DomDom

:lol:

Classic. Shame he doesn't do much anymore up here, as he was actually a really good wrestler.

Jim was always good for a chant.

I remember during one match ( can't mind who he was against ) the other guy said something, to which Jim replied "I know".

Cue chants of "Whit dae ye know, Jim?"

I also remember at a Killie show me and a mate were helping out and we ended up watching the show from the upper level.. Jim went up for a suplex and one of his balls popped out... Cue something like "Where's yer baws, Jim?"