The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I guess if Brock is going to do one of his "can't be arsed" WMs, you may as well just feed him a jobber that can put on a 3 minute spectacle match.  No point giving him someone anyone actually compares about just for him to put on the same old match.  You're basically doing it so you can watch him throw a huge guy, which'll be....enjoyable I suppose.

Brocks best matches IMO are against smaller guys that he can throw for miles, that will sell like crazy for him and get in a couple of rallying false hope spots themselves against him like his ones against Bryan & Balor. A guy that’s not doing anything in mania season currently who would look great in that role would be Gargano.

Omos would be the drizzling shits, you wouldn’t even get one of brocks finisher spamming matches that can be good against him.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Pro Wrestling NOAH's Daisuke Harada is retiring aged 36 due to a neck injury picked in September. Will have a farewell one minute exhibition on 9th March against long time tag partner Atsushi Kotoge who is also who he faced in his pro wrestling debut for Osaka Pro in 2005.

If you get the chance to watch it the All Star Jr Festival featuring junior heavyweights from various Japanese promotions was a cracker. Hints the event could be coming to the US later this year.

Edited by GNU_Linux

4 hours ago, The Hurricane said:

How can one watch the new ROH without paying for Honor Club? I already pay for AEW Plus on Fite, pisstake that its no on that. 

Genuinely just google Watch Wrestling and it’ll be on one of the first three. DX-TV.net too.

Good show, bit long but some really good matches. 

That doesn't seem to say much at all.  He's still the chairman, why wouldn't he be present at any of their shows?  The key question isn't that he's there at all, it's what he's doing when he is there.

In semi-related news, the dirtsheets have also reported that he's finally lost one of his most bitter battles to his most hated enemy - facial hair.  Apparently he's got a moustache now.

23 minutes ago, forameus said:

In semi-related news, the dirtsheets have also reported that he's finally lost one of his most bitter battles to his most hated enemy - facial hair.  Apparently he's got a moustache now.

That was probably him trying to be classic incognito, sat there behind a New York Times and pair of big round glasses and a tash near gorilla position. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

That was probably him trying to be classic incognito, sat there behind a New York Times and pair of big round glasses and a tash near gorilla position. 

'Vince McMahon? Why no my dear fellow, I have no idea who you mean....I'm Vance McMinn'

With BT Sport being bought by Warner Media and rebounded to TNT Sport for next season, that means that the company that champions AEW in the US and in fact has belts named after the two channels that AEW is broadcast on, will hold exclusive broadcast rights to WWE in the UK.

Wonder how that will work and if WWE will renegotiate the deal based on this fact.

15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

With BT Sport being bought by Warner Media and rebounded to TNT Sport for next season, that means that the company that champions AEW in the US and in fact has belts named after the two channels that AEW is broadcast on, will hold exclusive broadcast rights to WWE in the UK.

Wonder how that will work and if WWE will renegotiate the deal based on this fact.

It's not going to make any difference the way everything stands. WWE have their contract with BT Sport, the name change doesn't matter. It was believed at the time they signed that it was for 5 years. So still time to run. Being on a WBD channel doesn't mean anything either. They're on WBD networks in other markets.

AEW has their contract with ITV. Was apparently re-upped beginning of last year to include Rampage and BOTB. Presumably has at least the remainder of the year to run.

Been watching those WWE rivals with Freddie Prinze jr this weekend. Watched most of season 1. It’s pretty good.

just finished Hogan v Andre there, one of the only times I’ve really watched anything on Andre, what an amazing beast he was.

Apparently the guy breaking that story does not have a good track record with getting much right, so might still be pish.  But...you can kind of see it being true.  Such an incredible return, and a really promising start, completely bogged down by absolute nonsense.  It's a shame, big waste of potential even if he was never the greatest in the ring.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Apparently the guy breaking that story does not have a good track record with getting much right, so might still be pish.  But...you can kind of see it being true.  Such an incredible return, and a really promising start, completely bogged down by absolute nonsense.  It's a shame, big waste of potential even if he was never the greatest in the ring.

Pretty much the same as his original run then when he came back the first time. It's like they can come out with an original idea for him but don't seem to have any logical payoff which is a shame because he is a great character wrestler 

“No (it is not hard to reconcile the feelings I have for Vince McMahon with the allegations against him). I mean, everyone has the right to have their perspective. I have the right to have mine. When you love somebody, you take them as imperfectly perfect as they are. We all make mistakes, we all have poor decisions. Lord knows I’ve made my collection of poor choices. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to love somebody. There’s no way I can go on record and say I don’t love Vince McMahon.

John Cena

giphy.gif.4438ed15b08b332e2834a94377b89be6.gif

f**k sake John