The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

On 11/06/2022 at 12:56, djchapsticks said:

Walter/Gunther as IC champion just has a feeling of being absolutely the most right thing they've done with that belt in a long, long time.

Genuinely think if they book him the way he should be booked, they could keep that belt on him for a long and meaningful run and actually make him the guy to finally return a bit of prestige to a belt that has been shat on for donkeys years. By time it does leave him, he should be moving up to being one of the very top guys in the company.

Looks like Triple H is reading these forums. I expect my royalty cheque soon. :lol:

In all honesty, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out how to book everything right but Vince would have had him buried long ago by now and the title defended once every 8 weeks. Delighted this guy is becoming indispensable even if he's lost a wee bit of that uniqueness with the amount of weight he's cut.

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If Paul wins the title tonight them that will be done with WWE for a while. 

I don’t think they’re that daft, think it’ll be close though. They’re really trying to get his punch over.

I know I'm working myself into a shoot, but not a fan of how that main event was booked. I know Paul is good. For his experience, he is VERY good (despite seemingly being an absolutely detestable person). But if you're going to go down this lucky punch story, I'm not sure how having him go through spells of dominating the guy you've had eat up most of your roster for two years is a great look. And then to have his wee brother (another c**t seemingly) mug off your dominant tag team champions. You can still tell the same story, have Paul show his obvious talent, without putting him, kayfabe wise, near the level of the likes of Lesnar, Edge, Bryan (both at the same time) and all the rest. 

Still real to me dammit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd been on a bit of a kick with old wrestling games so decided to get myself back into wrestling. Height of my interest was when the wrestling channel was a thing with ROH, TNA, NJPW, NOAH et al. I stopped actively watching not long after the channel died in 2008 but did keep up occasionally with goings on in the wrestling world. Shout out to the laundry list of folk who made it to the big leagues at some point.

Obviously wrestling that isn't WWE is a lot easier to access now a days & there's more stuff than I could ever feasibly watch & keep up with so decided to hone in on Japanese stuff. Got caught up on this year for NJPW & NOAH plus a couple of years back for both & will work my way further back at some point. Nearly caught up on this year in Dragon Gate with a couple of other promotions to check out namely Stardom.

My only exposure to AEW thus far is Forbidden Door which was solid enough but felt more like an AEW show first rather than a collab.

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd been on a bit of a kick with old wrestling games so decided to get myself back into wrestling...

This week's episode of This is Awesome on the Network will be of interest then. All about the history of wrestling video games, WWE or otherwise. Really good throwback.

On 20/12/2022 at 14:01, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Lacey Evans has become the latest wrestler to come out as being as thick as mince.

This is the same industry where Kane and Val Venis wer considered to be two of the intelligent ones.

He did win the Weakest Link. With a mask on which can't have been easy. 

Kane-Weakest-Link.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=74